September 2015 Aquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonick

Sputniks orbit planet face
Group Buy Associate
bxHM2q9.jpg

MMMmmmmyrsol

They were technically August acquisitions then weren't they @filobiblic?
Let's see, not posting in August counts as one cake fine for the p&c community.
Doubling up your error by then posting a previous months purchase in the September thread upgrades the fine to a carton of beer.

Well, that's how our office fining system works.

They were technically August acquisitions then weren't they @filobiblic?
I didn't have them in my hand until today. So I paid for them last month, but didn't acquire them until September.

I'll still buy you a drink Eggy but it'll have to be at my local... [emoji6]

How proud does the far right brush stand @filobiblic ?
Looks like a Rooney btw.
If it's a substantial handle, it looks like mine too :p

Just bought a crapload of soap making stuff ...Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, loads of nice EO's and a few FO's for the more expensive scents (sandalwood, jasmine etc), Lanolin, Sodium Lactate, Castor Oil, 5kg of Coconut Oil(beats buying Copha blocks!), 5kg of NaOH and some Stearic Acid and KoH....amongst other things. Fun fun fun ahead with that load. :whistle:

Just bought a crapload of soap making stuff ...Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, loads of nice EO's and a few FO's for the more expensive scents (sandalwood, jasmine etc), Lanolin, Sodium Lactate, Castor Oil, 5kg of Coconut Oil(beats buying Copha blocks!), 5kg of NaOH and some Stearic Acid and KoH....amongst other things. Fun fun fun ahead with that load. :whistle:
I spy KOH in that lot...so liquid soaps or shaving soaps on the horizon? [emoji6]

I spy KOH in that lot...so liquid soaps or shaving soaps on the horizon? [emoji6]
Well I dunno if you're quite 007 level yet as I did make sure it was prominently displayed but suffice to say it won't be liquid soaps! :sneaky: Can't let the SA gang have all the fun can we. :cool:

Just trying to find 5kg of something else I 'need' as they've said there's extra room before my order hits 20kg. Should be enough stuff to play around with forever and I have some nice gear in it but it's well over $300 for some drainer cleaners, fats and smelly oils......go figure.

Well I dunno if you're quite 007 level yet as I did make sure it was prominently displayed but suffice to say it won't be liquid soaps! :sneaky: Can't let the SA gang have all the fun can we. :cool:
:HandUp:
I'm happy to volunteer my services to test your as-of-yet-non-existent shaving soap... [emoji16]

:HandUp:
I'm happy to volunteer my services to test your as-of-yet-non-existent shaving soap... [emoji16]
Haha I'll be sure to send you a tub and you can take it with you on the scenic tours they'll be doing by then of Mars - as it might be a FAIR WHILE off.

What started out as me needing to order some more castor oil has turned into a ~20kg mega-order - but watchagunnado can't pass up those savings on postage eh?

If and when I do it (leaning towards the latter if only on the Costner-esque 'If you build (buy) it they will come' logic' I've got the Stearic, KOH etc now so is no great effort needed) but I will happily flag up front that I will not be reinventing the wheel and will be 'paying the highest form of flattery' to each and every leading shaving soap doing the rounds. Anyway thats many moons off but hey nice to have you onboard @filobiblic haha but get comfy as it might be a while. ;-)

Anyway thats many moons off but hey nice to have you onboard @filobiblic haha but get comfy as it might be a while. ;-)
Well you haven't seen anything produced by me for a while either... [emoji13] But it'll come.

@filobiblic , sorry to tell you but I woke up this morning and realised that what had started as buying a litre of castor oil had somehow morphed into a ~20kg order that was nearly $600! :confused: Yup, I kid you not....now the place I ordered from has sensational prices and everything I bought was very much a handy thing to have BUT I just make soaps for us and a few friends and though I was conscious of not ordering stuff with bad shelf life issues I suspect a lot of things would be risking either waste or spoilage.

So alas I canned the order and I'll place a much, MUCH smaller one just for a few needed items - stearic & KOH will NOT be on that list. And the 28 or so soaps in my bathroom rotation all let out a collective sigh of relief!

Seriously though I've a BAD habit of slipping into buying more to get bulk discounts and value on postage - as evidence just in the shaving domain by buying 7 CRSW at once (never even sampled one of their products before), 8 Stirling SOaps at once (same as previous) and 3,000 Gillette Plats at once (you guessed it without ever having tried!) - now thankfully those 3 stupid buys all worked out ok but still dunno WTF I was thinking.

Seriously though I've a GOOD habit of slipping into buying more to get bulk discounts and value on postage - as evidence just in the shaving domain by buying 7 CRSW at once (never even sampled one of their products before), 8 Stirling SOaps at once (same as previous) and 3,000 Gillette Plats at once (you guessed it without ever having tried!) - now thankfully those 3 stupid buys all worked out ok but still dunno WTF I was thinking.

FTFY!

A man after my own heart :)

So alas I canned the order and I'll place a much, MUCH smaller one just for a few needed items - stearic & KOH will NOT be on that list.
bummer. Oh well. Maybe down the track you'll give it a shot. In the mean time, keep on pumping out those fancy soap bars of yours. [emoji6]

@filobiblic , ah well from the original order I culled ~50% in weight and cost, bringing it down to a far more reasonable $300! :censored: BUT in my defence it largely consists of a shedload of EO and FO's, which I was very careful to research which ones have long shelf life e.g patchouli vs those that don't e.g anything citrus.

I did also manage to sneak some KOH and Stearic back in - dumping a lot of the other stuff that either wasn't really needed or that i could pick up locally for marginally more.

Status
Not open for further replies.