September 2015 Aquisitions

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Barrister & Mann Black Label Beaudelaire, Leviathan and hopefully a few others, pending reply :D

With an announcement that his prices will rise, due to increasing ingredients costs, it's timely to get in while you can at these prices :)

Last edited:
:(
Today is a sad day, sad day indeed.
For me, worse than the day I found out about JGS's demise.
I will allow the relevant party to divulge, as it's not my right to do so.

Speaking of samples, can anyone furnish me with small scent samples of Myrsol - Metisol, Balsamic and/or Emulsion?

PM me if you can !

I hope this phantom new store stocks the stuff.

The Myrsol Agua Balsamica to me smells like a Roast Dinner in a good way. Smacks you in the face with Rosemary. I paired it nicely to my slow roasted lamb shoulder for dinner last night.

The 48 is a great brush. Lots of bang for your buck. Works great with Proraso cream & soap.

I've heard such great things about the Pro, I'm looking forward to that one most of all.

Unfortunately, the Proraso soap wasn't to my liking. I didn't find it very slick at all and ended up with lots of irritation. But that's cool, I have lots of soaps I'm looking forward to trying with all the new brushes.

img_1793.jpg

A 24mm high mountain knot and handle from Larry at Whipped Dog along with the silvertip knot for the rubberset.

RWUt8ov.png

Yippee!!! @filobiblic has a Fili!
NOS Filarmonica #13 Novodur

Courtesy of the ever helpful and always amicable @Mark - the Scallyway Str8 Enabler!
A filly? YOU LUCKY.....

Well deserved mate. [emoji106] My god that's a beautiful razor is it NOS?

Now @Mark about my next razor...
.....[emoji6]

Last edited:
Trying to find the link, but I remember reading that Figaro is the same formula as razorock P.160
Think it was on Reddit, will update if I can find the post

Picked this up at local chemist, made in Italy, has a almond scent, anyone know if it is any good? Cost $10.

Yes - it is good stuff - very similar to Cella

So there were a couple of brushes out of stock which caused my TVB brush order to be delayed but that was great news as I was able to change my order from Omega Pro to Zenith Pro and also add in newly released Zenith synth brush. I'm very pleased and can't wait to try out all the new brushes! I'll post a pic when they arrive and post reviews in the brush forum.

Picked this up at local chemist, made in Italy, has a almond scent, anyone know if it is any good? Cost $10.

IMG_1579

Trying to find the link, but I remember reading that Figaro is the same formula as razorock P.160
Think it was on Reddit, will update if I can find the post

Yes - it is good stuff - very similar to Cella
http://www.paste-and-cut.com.au/community/threads/shave-of-the-day-2015.1397/page-211#post-50383
Which chemist?

Most certainly do @SydBJW particularly if they're MilMil made in lieu of TFS, who currently manufacture them.

Status
Not open for further replies.