Canberra dwelling Happy Clapping Bean Counter
Staff member
Site Moderator
Grand Society
2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Happy Father's Day to the dads out there - did you get any shaving goodies?

Whoever you are, and whenever you get it this month - post details and pics here!

Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's.
Have read good reviews about Body Shop Maca Root and Aloe Vera. The girls like the scent, so that's a good start.
QEhcGBF.jpg

The postman delivered this on Friday.
cHhxmAR.jpg

Rhodium plated super speed, circa late 1940s. A gift for my dad's 70th. he was born in '49. So I'll be telling him that it is a 1949 SuperSpeed. The TTO works beautifully. I have complemented this with some Bombora soap and splash.​

Nice work! It does look like a ‘49 to me !!!

Rhodium plated super speed, circa late 1940s. A gift for my dad's 70th. he was born in '49. So I'll be telling him that it is a 1949 SuperSpeed. The TTO works beautifully. I have complemented this with some Bombora soap and splash.​
We done mate I'm sure your Dad will be over the moon with this razor it looks magnificent
from all accounts I have heard Razor Emporium are top of the wozza in restorations

I should make it clear here mate that as the owner of arguably the largest collection of vintage Gillettes in Australia - I can unequivocally confirm that this is a 1949 build razor. Will give you a certificate in writing to confirm if required. 😜

Rhodium plated super speed, circa late 1940s. A gift for my dad's 70th. he was born in '49. So I'll be telling him that it is a 1949 SuperSpeed. The TTO works beautifully. I have complemented this with some Bombora soap and splash.

Well Done @Rabid Badger, the perfect gift. I hope your Dad appreciates it.

We done mate I'm sure your Dad will be over the moon with this razor it looks magnificent
from all accounts I have heard Razor Emporium are top of the wozza in restorations
They have done a fantastic job. It is incredibly tempting to give it a test run before his birthday in December, just to check that it's a good shaver of course...
The rhodium plating just doesn't show up well on the photo, but it really is a beautiful mirror finish. I was recently given a '4th quarter, '63 Slim. I think that I will get this re-plated in Rhodium too.

I should make it clear here mate that as the owner of arguably the largest collection of vintage Gillettes in Australia - I can unequivocally confirm that this is a 1949 build razor. Will give you a certificate in writing to confirm if required. 😜
In fact, I think that it was indeed made on the 2nd December, 1949, the very day my old man took his first breath.

RmOuMDZl.jpg

One Supply Razor w/ 3 level aggression plates and 3 cartridges of blades. @Ferret619 , I'm assuming this is the V1, I forgot to ask.
Thank you @Ferret619 , looking forward to giving this a go.
I had seen the Supply a few times on various forums and decided I did not need one of these, but since @bald as convinced me I could not live without a Schick Injector G Type, which then led to a Schick adjustable purchase and inevitably led to the Supply.
The Schick Injectors give a very impressive shave. What I like about the Supply is it can be dismantled and cleaned whereas the Schick Injectors have fixed heads. If the Supply lives up to its reputation it should be a much better long term proposition (if I don't lose the screw @bald as :ROFLMAO:).

RmOuMDZl.jpg

One Supply Razor w/ 3 level aggression plates and 3 cartridges of blades. @Ferret619 , I'm assuming this is the V1, I forgot to ask.
Thank you @Ferret619 , looking forward to giving this a go.
I had seen the Supply a few times on various forums and decided I did not need one of these, but since @bald as convinced me I could not live without a Schick Injector G Type, which then led to a Schick adjustable purchase and inevitably led to the Supply.
The Schick Injectors give a very impressive shave. What I like about the Supply is it can be dismantled and cleaned whereas the Schick Injectors have fixed heads. If the Supply lives up to its reputation it should be a much better long term proposition (if I don't lose the screw @bald as :ROFLMAO:).
Nice timing; I used mine this morning.

fyi, I think that's a v2 (like mine).

Fortunately, you can buy replacement screws from Supply.

Nice timing; I used mine this morning.

fyi, I think that's a v2 (like mine).

Fortunately, you can buy replacement screws from Supply.
Have you got the three plates? What plate do you use? Do you have an issue with loading with the injector and blunting blades?

Status
Not open for further replies.