Spicey Chai Teas from the Girls

pQtqJu8.jpg
o4V3ZqZ.jpg

Slugs and Snails and Puppy Dog tails that’s what little boys are made of

Bowl, brush and razors thanks to P&C Enablers

rdJZUrf.jpg
oY6C2nD.jpg
giphy.gif

Finally received my long-awaited order from the Pureman sale, and was sad to hear that it was indeed a closing sale. Tough times. This was some much needed retail therapy.

kpPagP4.jpg

Still awaiting 1000 Super Iridium's from Morocco and am particularly keen to receive something cool from the Isle of Man...

Finally received my long-awaited order from the Pureman sale, and was sad to hear that it was indeed a closing sale. Tough times. This was some much needed retail therapy.

kpPagP4.jpg

Still awaiting 1000 Super Iridium's from Morocco and am particularly keen to receive something cool from the Isle of Man...
I share your pain as my Wizamets have yet to arrive. :banghead:

I share your pain as my Wizamets have yet to arrive.

Lady at the post office said that everything international is getting stuck in the customs bottleneck, then in the Auspost bottleneck and that she wouldn't expect anything to come from overseas in less than four weeks. Items coming to Melbourne are apparently sitting in big boxes in Sydney waiting for staff capacity after getting scanned into the country. Also unfortunate for people in VIC is that International Signed mail (which is both of mine) isn't actually getting signed for (due to covid), doesn't have Auspost tracking and can't be re-directed for pickup at the post office. So there's no way to know if it's coming / arrived / been stolen / never was delivered.

Not much to do but wait and check the mail box four times a day. On the plus side, that's a valuable amusement because we can't leave the house except for groceries or a bit of exercise. Small mercies?

Lady at the post office said that everything international is getting stuck in the customs bottleneck, then in the Auspost bottleneck and that she wouldn't expect anything to come from overseas in less than four weeks. Items coming to Melbourne are apparently sitting in big boxes in Sydney waiting for staff capacity after getting scanned into the country. Also unfortunate for people in VIC is that International Signed mail (which is both of mine) isn't actually getting signed for (due to covid), doesn't have Auspost tracking and can't be re-directed for pickup at the post office. So there's no way to know if it's coming / arrived / been stolen / never was delivered.

Not much to do but wait and check the mail box four times a day. On the plus side, that's a valuable amusement because we can't leave the house except for groceries or a bit of exercise. Small mercies?
Thanks for the clarification as I expect my order to be stuck as it was allegedly sent 2 weeks ago despite the original order being made 17/07 and the first lot of blades received...?

Thanks for the clarification as I expect my order to be stuck as it was allegedly sent 2 weeks ago despite the original order being made 17/07 and the first lot of blades received...?
IF, you cannot cheer up and be patient, you might as well just, bloody shut up :censored:

IF you’re Wizamet blades didn’t arrive by the end of this month, blame China for COVIDPostageBULLSHIT! nightmare.

Trust me @SpeedyPC I'm as patient as the next bloke and have learn't my lesson not to order from overseas during this COVIDPostageBULLSHIT! nightmare... :nailbiting:

IF, you cannot cheer up and be patient, you might as well just, bloody shut up :censored:

IF you’re Wizamet blades didn’t arrive by the end of this month, blame China for COVIDPostageBULLSHIT! nightmare.

Really? Go on and tell us how you really feel?

giphy.gif

Lady at the post office said that everything international is getting stuck in the customs bottleneck

Customs are processing as per normal. Items that are flagged and items over $1000 are the only items Customs normally process. Border force are the actual organisation that do the initial checking of parcels. When an item says "awaiting clearance ", it's actually with Border force. There are also no hold-ups with Border force. The issue is Australia post. The rest of the information you were told is fairly accurate.

Blaming China might be a misdirection, since AusPost seem to have made their very own balls-up of the situation. Ironically, post from China has been coming through comparatively quickly. :rolleyes:

Agree, it appears North America is settling down as well. The US internal processing and postage routes although wierd at times appears to be moving.
Interesting watching a few more European nations postal Carriers adding Australia to the do not ship list. I believe the complaints about missing and excessively late international parcles that arrived in Australia is a big facilitator in the decision making.

Pic heavy mailday but this is stunning. Very happy with this eBay pickup and snatch it before someone else did.

A 1939 Gillette Popular OC in a 1934 travel case. @Mark1966 suspects this razor also came in this case too so may be true case for it. Original blue blades and shave stick. Looks barely used since the early 40's.

Basically a slim handle Gen 1 English Aristocrat and not very common. Has the weird floppy door design.

Last edited:
Pic heavy mailday but this is stunning. Very happy with this eBay pickup and snatch it before someone else did.

A 1939 Gillette Popular OC in a 1934 travel case. @Mark1966 suspects this razor also came in this case too so may be true case for it. Original blue blades and shave stick. Looks barely used since the early 40's.

Basically a slim handle Gen 1 English Aristocrat and not very common. Has the weird floppy door design.

Wow, nice pick up! That looks in extraordinary condition. Well done.

Status
Not open for further replies.