Review Shampoo Bars - a personal journey!

Wash ???

OK, the first soap bar is done!

First wash as on 11 June - last today on 29 August, so around 2 1/2 months. I think 3 months is probably reasonable.

The conclusion?

Not sure if results are better but certainly no worse - except that I think my scalp is more 'in tune' with what is happening in my life. I think I've noticed a correlation with being under pressure with a lot on and greater itchiness or irritation. Nothing too bad but there does seem to be a connection.

I will persist with the second bar of the Real Beer Shampoo and then branch out!

Wash ???

OK, the first soap bar is done!

First wash as on 11 June - last today on 29 August, so around 2 1/2 months. I think 3 months is probably reasonable.

The conclusion?

Not sure if results are better but certainly no worse - except that I think my scalp is more 'in tune' with what is happening in my life. I think I've noticed a correlation with being under pressure with a lot on and greater itchiness or irritation. Nothing too bad but there does seem to be a connection.

I will persist with the second bar of the Real Beer Shampoo and then branch out!
Shame to admit this, but within the similar time span, I have used two bars! And I don't even have very long hair!

Some more Beauty & Bees products - some alternatives with a focus on scalp health:

Comments will come after use.

Wash One

Cleanser: Beauty and the Bees 'Voodoo' Shampoo Bar
Rinse: Mazzetti Organic Apple Cider Vinegar (diluted spray)

First use of the Voodoo. No real conclusions but certainly a lot firmer soap and slightly harder to get a lather from. The lather is while despite being a VERY black bar - that freaks me out, some sort of voodoo magic there.

Beyond that nothing really I can say at this point, sorry @Rusty Bridges !

The activated charcoal in the bamboo soaps and shampoos will actually absorb any scent - hence you probably notice very little from your bar. Good soap, though. And you are right - it takes a bit more elbow grease to get a lather. However, it is very popular - a lot of people swear by it.
I've got my lad washing his beard with the bar you've been using (Tasmanian Beer shampoo), and he is pretty happy so far.
I am getting close to finishing my bar of Moroccan Mud shampoo. I'm not sure what your hair type is, but mine is dry and prone to curls and can frizz a bit (unlike my avatar), and the Moroccan Mud bar is recommended for this hair type and works brilliantly for me. Incidentally, I only do the cider vinegar rinse once a week or once a fortnight.

Thanks @TomG

My hair is coarse, 'strong' according to hairdressers (whatever that means) and straight :)

Will see how the soap goes after a few more uses.

Well the Beauty and the Bees 'Voodoo' Shampoo Bar is done. First use on 20 September so a little under three months for me.

Next up is this one -

I dare not mention the name ...

So you are sold on the idea now?

Yeah I think so.

Not sure if it is cheaper but does 'seem' more natural and less wasteful in some ways. Certainly the irritation I was feeling in the early days is gone. I'll play around with different bars and if I don't like some I will discard them but I think I'm 'sold' on it.

Only two months out of the H-E-M-P bar. I was not impressed anyhow.

On to the next one starting today -

Try Moroccan Mud, Mate - it is my fav.

My Dindi Natural shampoo bar is still going strong. It's a very solid puck and will last ages.

I also use it for travel since it comes in its own travel tin.

Coconut & Caster Oil? Sounds like shave soap to me!

I actually did some research of my own last night and the difference is exactly zero. Yes, different oils can be used in different quantities to change the lather qualities (cleansing, creamy, bubbly, conditioning etc) but they are a cleansing soap in the same way body soap is. To that end, I grabbed the Washpool farms hand soap I had in the shower and washed my hair with it. One wash in - all good. :)

OK, putting the 'Grass Roots' on hold for the moment and going back to the 'Voodoo Black Charcoal'

I've been noticing a little dandruff and I want to eliminate it. I haven't been doing the vinegar rinse of late but will change soaps first and see if that helps and re-introduce the vinegar if nothing improves.

So, Voodoo Black Charcoal for now, Moroccan Mud, Beer and Grass Roots still around as well.

Just in case you might actually be interested;
I've been washing my hair in Washpool farms soap of various descriptions (I bought a cheap, job lot/seconds bag) since Feb 16. No vinegar rinse. Only washing a couple of times a week. It's been great. No dandruff, very little itchiness, hair is nice, in fact the Mrs commented last night that my hair smelt nice. She has never done that before! For the record I have shoulder length, curly hair. The dandruff shampoo I used to use was good but if I got busy and forgot I would get a massive outbreak and it would be snowing for days.

So in the next week or two I will be moving onto making some body soaps. A "shampoo bar" might be one of those but honestly, the body bars I have been using I just use in my hair too. Simple, convenient, cheap. Loving it!