Shave of the Day 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well 0:07 haven't shaved yet will when I wake up. But I did convert someone to wet shaving tonight. And Pif ed him a razor soap and brush. Good deed done ;-)

replacing blade - rats there is an idea.

Number ??? with an Aussie Super Stainless for me
Fatboy on 8
Godrej Deluxe Lather
Vintage Simpson butterscotch No 41 re-knotted in pure by Simpson

Never tried the Godrej before - sensational cream makes a great lather.

Off to SYD for an 80th birthday today. Decided to start the year the way they normally pan out for me, flying there and back...

replacing blade - rats there is an idea.

Number ??? with an Aussie Super Stainless for me
Fatboy on 8
Godrej Deluxe Lather
Vintage Simpson butterscotch No 41 re-knotted in pure by Simpson

Never tried the Godrej before - sensational cream makes a great lather.

Off to SYD for an 80th birthday today. Decided to start the year the way they normally pan out for me, flying there and back...

Godrej is great stuff for the price. I think it was about $1.10 in Singapore money when I got some.

I have finally changed the Spoiler out of one of my razors as I forgot how long it had been in there. Replaced it with a newer Gillette super thin platinum.

Add cheap omega boar, la toja, and speick a/s to the mix and you have a very nice shave.

As for the last part I didn't know you two were that close.

So have you thought about it?

Happy belated New Year!

Yes! Went ahead with a classic Str8 shave. Razor: Shumate 850; Soap: Valobra Menthol; Brush: Best Shave Horse; Alum; AS: Agua Lavanda Puig ( they say it was Frank Sanatra's favourite ). Balm: Nivea Sensitive Nice shave!

Last edited:
New Year and a new Aussie Gillette in the Progress dialed to 4.
Proraso soap - on the dregs now so keen to finish it then I might try some Cella or something. I've killed most of the almond scent off.
Semogue brush

No AS for me today. All business.

I loaded up the brush and it normally holds a lot but after the first pass it was barely even moist so I have to rinse out and lather again. Maybe I'm not using enough water.

A good shave though. No irritation and no whiskers :)

Regarding Godrej - there's an Indian grocer in Osborne Park sells it for $3 a tube. I used one tube last year so will have to give the new tube a go this year.

On the road. Well, not at home anyway.

So, it's my Frankentravelbrush (I really should have remembered which handle and which knot I put in but I haven't)
Speick stick . Almost at the replacement stage.
My Frankenbakelitetravelrazor. A 7O'Clock head with a different handle.
Laser blade. Was meant to be part of my worst blade in the world assessment but turned out to be OK.

On the whole, given the cobbled together equipment, one could be forgiven in thinking a very bad shave would be standard but it isn't.

@Jugster. You've told me before but where's this Indian grocer? There are a couple around. Godrey for $3 has to be a no brainer..

PJ it's 50 metres from where Syd works - same road.

Prime Products
Unit 1/ 69 Hector St - towards the freeway ramp end.
They usually have a couple shipping containers out front.

Dropped a fresh GBE into the Fatboy, left it at 7 and facelathered up Da Fat with the VieLong 13710.

Couple of nicks actually, but they were on bumps. The GBE shaves everything that isn't flat.

Quick rubdown with the Alum after and all was good.

PJ it's 50 metres from where Syd works - same road.

Prime Products
Unit 1/ 69 Hector St - towards the freeway ramp end.
They usually have a couple shipping containers out front.

Thanks Jug. I realise he's told us he's not a software kinda guy but why isn't Syd drowning in the stuff?

Just found this pic - not sure where it came from!

Maybe an omen for the New Year ?

Todays shave at 0415 was too early!!!

Feather in the futur
Simpsons milk churn
TOBs avocado

Good shave!!! Love the sharpness of the feathers and the avo is really growing on me.

Thought he preferred blondes?

Thought he preferred anything with a heartbeat that's drunk enough?

Fixed it for you.

My shave today was really good.

Same as the last few, same ingredients but this time I paid more attention to the direction of growth and ended up with a smooth face. Except for the goattee.

Aussie Gillette on its third shave in a Progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.