Status
Not open for further replies.
20150619_SOTDS_zpspwdprf6d.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Rapira Platinum Lux (1)
Brush: Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse
Soap: Barrister & Mann Prototype #2
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

Nice shave today, but not too sure about the blades. Definitely not as smooth as Voskhods, but don't think they are sharper either...

Brush is now really perfect, tiny bloom on the top, super soft and produces tons and tons of perfect lather.

Soap:...oh sorry, not allowed to talk about it :D

Pre-Shave Proraso Green
Brush Romera Manchurian Badger
Soap Mikes Orange, Cedarwood, & Black Pepper
Razor Mongoose with Bulldog handle
Blade Kai Captain Mild (7)
Post Shave Thayers Witch Hazel & Myrsol Agua Balsamica

Starting to really get the hang of the Mongoose now. The bulldog handle is making a big difference. Getting very smooth, comfortable and close(ish) shaves.

The Kai blade into day 7 and no signs of it giving up.

Nice to come back to Mikes after a bit of a hiatus. Creamy slick lathery goodness.

Razor: 37c
Blade: Lord Super
Brush: S10108
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Antesol

I've been sick as a dog this week. So much so that I took three days off shaving. I'd forgotten what it's like to sport a beard. In any case, I wanted to make tonight's shave as luxurious as possible so I went with Arko. It didn't disappoint either. It was one of the all-time great shaves in fact. Jesus Christ it felt good.

It's great to be back on board.

Razor: 37c
Blade: Lord Super
Brush: S10108
Soap: Arko
Aftershave: Antesol

I've been sick as a dog this week. So much so that I took three days off shaving. I'd forgotten what it's like to sport a beard. In any case, I wanted to make tonight's shave as luxurious as possible so I went with Arko. It didn't disappoint either. It was one of the all-time great shaves in fact. Jesus Christ it felt good.

It's great to be back on board.

Glad you're back and really hope you feel better [emoji106]

Brush: Romera Synthetic
Soap: Dr Jons Anne Bonny
Razor: Merkur 38C Barber Pole - Blue
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2).
Aftershave: Alum and Pinnaud Vrgin island Bay rum

Used a new soap, thanks for the sample @filobiblic. Nice smelling soap that works well. Nice shave all around.

Brush: Romera Synthetic
Soap: Dr Jons Anne Bonny
Razor: Merkur 38C Barber Pole - Blue
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2).
Aftershave: Alum and Pinnaud Vrgin island Bay rum

Used a new soap, thanks for the sample @filobiblic. Nice smelling soap that works well. Nice shave all around.
Dr Jons will be available locally soon... :whistle:

Razor: R41 (2013) on a Weber Bulldog handle
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson reknotted in pure
Soap: Jabonman Ylang Ylang Patchouli
Aftershave: B&M Kyovu Original

Firstly big shout out to @Nonick for the sale of the R41 head :)

Combined it with the Weber handle and my go to test blade.

First impression - wow, aggressive. Lots of aural feedback and certainly cannot get away with my lazy habits from using the normal Weber Polished Head.

Two passes north -> south then south -> north and ATG along the jawline. Superb BBS result.

Aggro but not stupidly so like the 2011. A close shave I expect will last all day.

Finished off with my current go to restorative aftershave the Kyovu with makes your face feel great.

Overall a VERY pleasing shave

Last edited:
Glad it works well for you mate! That handle would be an excellent match for it.

20150621_SOTDS_zpstpvbuyhd.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: Wolfman WR1-SB with WRH2
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (1)
Brush: Vie-Long Epsilon White Horse
Soap: Barrister & Mann Prototype #3
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

Beautiful shave today, the Ladas work really nicely for me in the Wolf. Great soap of course and fantastic brush - perfect start into Sunday!

Birthday Shave:

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather (1)
Brush: Semogue 620
Soap: PAA Cavendish
Post-shave: Shave-the-man balm sample

First shave with the AS-D2, and I love it already. Great shaver, and suits me very well indeed. Definitely in the rotation.

Pre-Shave Musgo Spiced Citrus Oil Soap
Brush Vie-Long Horse (13066???)
Soap B&M prototype #1
Razor Phoenix Double open-Comb
Blade Polsilver SI (4)
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & ê Pre-Shave Musgo Spiced Citrus Oil Soap
Brush The Grooming Co Synthetic
Soap Shaver Heaven Hubba Hubba
Razor Phoenix Double open-Comb
Blade Polsilver SI (3)
Post Shave Dickson's Original Witch Hazel & ê Shave Orange Sandlewood After Shave Soother

Nice mid-morning shave after a lie-in as my son was too sick to go to soccer. The horse hair brush is a little scratchy on the face but it really works the B&M into a frenzy of lather, probably had enough left in the bowl to go another three passes.

Comfortable shave that is only just starting to feel prickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.