Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Omega 31025 'Scarlatti' (for trade)
Soap: Jabonman Brisa Oriente
Razor: Gillette NEW DeLuxe Big Boy
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Post-shave: Captains Choice Bay Rum

Day two with the DeLuxe and the closest shave I've gotten to BBS yet in my wet shaving history! OK it took me four passes but they were stress-free passes and the only exceptions were three tiny disparate patches under chin/neck. I cannot rate that Jabonman highly enough - honestly how the hell do you put light of day between the performance of it and the Occams and the Mikes and.... I'm starting to think top shelf is top shelf and so the only choice is buying the scent you prefer...and ditch any also-rans!

I certainly like my Omega 31025 but, and although their numbers might be similar, it is nowhere as nice for me as the Semogue 1305. The Omega is up for grabs if anyone wants it.... The handle is the best, but the loft a little too high for my liking.

Captains Choice is ... as the young people so eloquently put it ... da bomb!

Still believe the WD silvertip produces superior lather and from next shave on it is on to the synth.
Be mighty interested to read your thoughts tomorrow on the Plisson. You may have your WD up for sale... [emoji6]

zwEq8LH.png

Peppermint.

So how do you rate the Krona @filobiblic ?

@stillshunter surprised to see you sharing so much Smoggie love, is a positive to see them getting their dues :)

@stillshunter surprised to see you sharing so much Smoggie love, is a positive to see them getting their dues :)
Mate I'm never too proud to admit whenever I'm wrong...probably the product of my experiences (yep, repetition certainly breeds precision in my case). Yes, the 1305 had a very, very, very slow start - and those first few weeks I really wondered what I'd wasted my money on. But once it found its stride.....holy dooley!

... Yes, the 1305 had a very, very, very slow start - and those first few weeks I really wondered what I'd wasted my money on. But once it found its stride.....holy dooley!

Sounds about time for it to fall to bits now then ...

Brush: Shavemac silvertip .25 fan 22x48
Razor: Feather
Blade: Polsilver
Cream: GFT Coconut

Every time my little Shavemac comes up I know the shave is going to be bonza. Over its life it has continued to improve as well as my understanding of the brush also. With a light touch the brush remains full and soft against the face as you build the lather.

Figured out the pic! Now just need to work it out on the app.

You use flickr? The iOS app is useless for getting the code you want.

Download an app called iExplorer for Flickr. It is free, and makes getting the BBCode easy.

So, my workflow is:
1) take photo on phone
2) edit photo using whatever app I want
3) share (upload) the photo to Flickr, putting a relevant title and into relevant album
4) open iExplorer and grab BBCode for photo
5) paste BBCode into forum, keeping the bits I want

You may be able to do steps 1-3 on the official Flickr app, but you can't get the BBCode from it.

You use flickr? The iOS app is useless for getting the code you want.

Download an app called iExplorer for Flickr. It is free, and makes getting the BBCode easy.

So, my workflow is:
1) take photo on phone
2) edit photo using whatever app I want
3) share (upload) the photo to Flickr, putting a relevant title and into relevant album
4) open iExplorer and grab BBCode for photo
5) paste BBCode into forum, keeping the bits I want

You may be able to do steps 1-3 on the official Flickr app, but you can't get the BBCode from it.

Ahh thanks. Yeah I had to go on my laptop.

In the app, navigate to the photo you want, and press the + button. That will then give you the option to get BBCode and select the photo size.

Brush: Omega 10066
Soap: TOBS Sandalwood cream
Razor: Weber PH
Blade: Bic Chrome Platinum [4]
Post-shave: Nivea S ASB

Rushed shave. Reasonably happy, except sitting on the train I can feel a few prickly bits under my chin and nose... They will annoy me all day.

So how do you rate the Krona @filobiblic ?
Krona is good.
It's mild in efficiency (with a small blade reveal and gap) but it's very smooth and comfortable to use. I've only used it with the Personna Blue but it's go very well if imagine with Feathers or Polsilvers.
The let down is the handle. It's too slippery with not enough grip. It also is very light, but I guess this helps with allowing you to let the weight of the head fall against the skin. If it was metal then you'd probably want to compensate and push the head too hard (rather than letting it do its work).

Did Schick only make the one type of razor?

Edit: I've added this info to a new thread.

Last edited:
I think they made a metal one...

Status
Not open for further replies.