Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
That would be the British 'Popular' No. 47 - the working man's Aristocrat

1938%20Popular%20No47%20England.JPG

Close @stillshunter but the better British version!

I have no idea what it is or what I'm letting myself in for - so will be going for a tried and true soap tomorrow

Looks WAY cool ....

I have no idea what it is or what I'm letting myself in for - so will be going for a tried and true soap tomorrow

Looks WAY cool ....

Used the Mike' Barbershop this morning - a very reliable soap indeed! So what you loading up for the inaugural RRSS shave mate?

Used the Mike' Barbershop this morning - a very reliable soap indeed! So what you loading up for the inaugural RRSS shave mate?

New Personna Lab Blue - my standard test blade ...

[PSSST - what is a RRSS???]

Last shave with that Spoiler today - you can just feel it is past it now. Probably done 10 shaves.

Same-same. Vulfix #374, Proraso, Pureman Proto OC. No issues, although not as smooth tonight as I was last Monday night.

WOW, a TTO OC!
Soo close to the ellusive adjustable OC.

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson 'The Duke'
Soap/Cream: Mike's Shaving Soaps - Barbershop
Razor: RazorRock Stealth Slant
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (1)
After-shave: Carven Vetiver Dry

This is one mean looking razor ...

... but looks can be deceiving.

I will hold off a full review until a few more runs - but I did wonder why I was using a child's razor this morning.

Results where good - nice close BBS and no really stinging from the Carven.

• Soap: Catie's Bubbles LPV
  • Brush: Omega 10066
  • Razor: Weber PH
  • Blade: PolSilver SI [2]
  • Post-Shave: Witch hazel

You know when you just have one of those shaves, and it starts your day off like nothing else? I had one of those this morning. No irritation. Very smooth. Minimal touch ups.

Plus, I can still faintly smell the LPV as I sit on the train.

Look out, World.

Three passes with the R41 this morning.

I'm pleased to report that there was less blood around than when I had to dispatch of that rooster last week.

Still, never again.

What never again with the R41 or the rooster?

Brush: Thater 49125
Soap/Cream: Speick
Razor: Gillette Popular
Blade: Permasharp Super (2)
After-shave: Jabonman Vanilla and Cinnamon

I often forget just how nice face lathering can be - especially when you got two handfuls of German goodness....Speick in the left and Thater in the right. Oh boy....sweeeeeeeeeet.

Popular was OK but still not my favourite OC. Let's see what tomorrow brings when a Feather's loaded.

This Jabonman milk/balm concoction. I neeeed more. Who has some....other than Mr. Jabonman of course?

This Jabonman milk/balm concoction. I neeeed more. Who has some....other than Mr. Jabonman of course?
Everyone in the J'man GB got a sample. @borked and I have a full-sized container. I'm sure he'll be most happy to trade you something... Or at least remind you of the opportunities that exist...

Everyone in the J'man GB got a sample. @borked and I have a full-sized container. I'm sure he'll be most happy to trade you something... Or at least remind you of the opportunities that exist...
Oh boy....I've better luck getting Mr. Jabonman to trade me for some Spanish Tierra Humeda soap

1YN3WEK.jpg

Shave of the Lid.

To reduce my samples I'm going to use one up at a time, until they are finished. I just finished Strop Shoppe London Morning, a great clean brisk scent.

Next up - EJ Limes & Pomegranate. Not very limey, or pomegranitey either.

Pre-shave: Proraso Green
Brush: Erskine butterscotch TGN Finest reknot
Soap/Cream: Wickhams Southsea Spray
Razor: Gillette Popular
Blade: Feather (3)
After-shave: Captains Choice Lime

I hear so much talk on here about Mikes and Barrister and Mann, justified as they are fine soaps, but I also hear talk about Stirling soaps which I found a little lack-lustre (to say the least) even that arko stuff gets more press and yet there is little to no talk of the Wickhams soap. A shame as this is top shelf stuff. Big thanks to @Nightguard for the trade on a larger amount of their Southsea Spray. I have another 4 sample pots many of which have a more stillshunteresque scent but they are reserved for when my sabbatical starts getting tough. Again, the Wickhams - a great soap with a some of the purest ingredients I've seen - nice protection, glide and post-shave face feel.

Hats off to Feather blades - they seem to smooth out most any razor. The Popular has been improved by the Feather but still not as smooth as the NEW SC, LC or definitely the NEW DeLuxe (my fave so far) Gillettes that preceded them - in my testing.

Another thanks to @Nightguard for the sample of the Limes. Another fave the Captains Choice brand. I'd anticipate that there always is a bottle of Captains Choice - still Bay Rum being my choice - in my cabinet.

Status
Not open for further replies.