Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Razor: Feather DX
Blade: Kai pink
Cream: GFT coconut
Brush: chubby 2

Almost down to the last months shaves with the coconut. Taken to using up one cream/soap at a time lately.

First shave with the Kai and it was very keen. Always need to be mindful of the very ends of the blade. Tempted to try the feather lights when these run out as they have curved ends.

Otherwise very close shave.

Brush: Plisson Synth
Soap/Cream: Nanny's Bamboo & White Grape Soap sampler
Razor: Fatboy
Blade: GBE (0)
After-shave: Alum

I have no idea where it came from (Suspecting @Mark1966) as I found a small sample pot on my desk at work yesterday hidden under some papers. It had some Nanny's in it. Took it home and attacked it with the Plisson this morning.

Actually a damn nice soap, scent was mild yet pleasing. I have heard plenty about the Nanny's but never actually used it. Good cushion and glide - one of the better soaps I have tried thus far and that is coming from a Creams guy. Not sure how much the Plisson helped with the lather, although it gets the best out of any soap or cream.

Fresh GBE always nice although felt at a little prickly on the rinse, so the Alum was given a gurnsey this morning.

Brush: Plisson Synth
Soap/Cream: Nanny's Bamboo & White Grape Soap sampler
Razor: Fatboy
Blade: GBE (0)
After-shave: Alum

I have no idea where it came from (Suspecting @Mark1966) as I found a small sample pot on my desk at work yesterday hidden under some papers. It had some Nanny's in it. Took it home and attacked it with the Plisson this morning.

Actually a damn nice soap, scent was mild yet pleasing. I have heard plenty about the Nanny's but never actually used it. Good cushion and glide - one of the better soaps I have tried thus far and that is coming from a Creams guy. Not sure how much the Plisson helped with the lather, although it gets the best out of any soap or cream.

Fresh GBE always nice although felt at a little prickly on the rinse, so the Alum was given a gurnsey this morning.

I have been checking out Nannys as they sell the vulfix Grosvenor for like $25 delivered. I'd love to reknot one.

20150304SOTDS_zpsjfdwnrlh.jpg

Brush: Plisson L'Occitane Synthetic
Pre-Shave: Occams Original pre-shave soap
Soap: RazoRock King of the Castle Lavender
Razor: Weber PH
Blade: Gillette Goal (1)
Post-shave: South Australian Organic Olive Oil

Another perfect shave - these blades are a tad sharper than Voskhod but also a bit less smooth - great lather from the brush, but everybody knows that already :)

I have been checking out Nannys as they sell the vulfix Grosvenor for like $25 delivered. I'd love to reknot one.
Yeah, the Lindon series is quite appealing and I may have one for sale soon.

I have no idea where it came from (Suspecting @Mark1966) as I found a small sample pot on my desk at work yesterday hidden under some papers. It had some Nanny's in it.

Never had Nanny's so not me ...

Glad you enjoyed it. I included a sample along with the Plisson brush a few weeks ago. [emoji6] I thought you'd like it (being a "Cream" bloke and all).

Brush: Plisson synthetic
Pre-Shave: Occams Crushed Lime Pre-Shave
Soap/Cream: Jabonman Madreselva
Razor: Weber PH
Blade: Personna Super/Lab [2]
After-shave: Myrsol Agua Balsamica

The scent of Jabonman's Honeysuckle is subtle and fresh. Summery-spring; a sweet floral. And I just love finishing the shave with Myrsol AB- top scent and feel!

Edit: Added SOTD.

Last edited:
Glad you enjoyed it. I included a sample along with the Plisson brush a few weeks ago. [emoji6] I thought you'd like it (being a "Cream" bloke and all).

Cheers mate. Mark's package of the Pureman Proto OC was the last delivery I had here so I assumed it was from that.

Brush: Simpsons Classic 1
Razor: Fatboy on 9
Blade: Vintage US Gillette
Cream: Simpson Lavender and vetiver
A/S: Speick

First go with both the Classic and the scented simpson cream. Really nice lather, very similar to the unscented cream. But the scent, wow. Love it, nearly as nice as Castle Forbes lavender. Very different though, much more fresh and flowery than the CF. It's got some staying power too, I could still detect the cream scent on my face for a few hours after I'd shaved.

[...]
Cream: Simpson Lavender and vetiver
[...]
But the scent, wow. Love it, nearly as nice as Castle Forbes lavender. Very different though, much more fresh and flowery than the CF. It's got some staying power too, I could still detect the cream scent on my face for a few hours after I'd shaved.

Yeah but not as good as Speick's lavender though hey mate? ;)

Very real chance I'll have a Mayfair from the London Vulfix series for sale soon mate (am going to try it a few more times before committing to a decision).

Wednesday 4 March 2015

194996d1425487772-sun-march-01st-sat-march-07th-sotd-04032015.jpg

Mastro Livi K720, 7/8 Full Hollow, Square Point

For this business trip I initially decided to bring with me the latest Mastro Livi Inox 6/8 straight razor, but when I was packing, I thought that bringing two razors was even better. That's why I chose a carbon steel - a K720 - in order to double my enjoyment in shaving. This Mastro Livi K720 is just amazing and certainly meets my expectations: smooth, velvety and with a caressing touch so different from any stainless steel. Not to mention how I like its scales with this chequered tips, giving a lovely touch to box wood.​
  • Pre-Shave: Roberts Distilled Rose Water
  • Soap: Tcheon Fung Sing Barbe Rosse Almond
  • Brush: Omega Bristle 49
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi K720, 7/8 Full Hollow, Square Point
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: Aqua Velva Ice Blue

Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak with TGN Finest
Soap/Cream: Mike's Shaving Soaps - Barbershop
Razor: RazorRock Stealth Slant
Blade: Feather (1)
After-shave: Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve

Ho hum, another day, another 2 1/2 pass shave, another good result.

Life is though when this gets mundane

Razor: Feather AS
Blade: Polsilver
Cream: GFT coconut
Brush: Beehive 2

Another scuttle type of morning in Melbourne today with cooler weather. Have determined that from now on I'll be building my lather in my Aesop bowl and just resting my brush in the G20. The Aesop bowl is like gasoline on a fire when making lather.

Bit of a rough shave with the pol. Luckily I'm down to my last 5-6 and will be on to the 200 feathers I picked up from mensbiz the other week as they were on sale.

Brush: Vintage butterscotch distressed Culmak with TGN Finest
What's the size knot you have in the Culmak? (Is that a @Pjtor special?)
How is the TGN finest- soft? Dense?

What's the size knot you have in the Culmak? (Is that a @Pjtor special?)
How is the TGN finest- soft? Dense?

18mm from memory and yes, a Pete special.

Soft, dense but not Chubby dense. A good knot and a great looking brush :)

Brush: Omega 10005
Soap/Cream: Shaver Heaven Grapefruit or QCS Iced Lime (can't remember, the scents are very mild and neither gives the menthol hit I was expecting)
Razor: Fatboy Exec on 5
Blade: French Wilkie on 4(?)
After-shave: Floid Vigoroso with extra cooling

Since @Mark1966 sent my Fatboy Exec back to me, I've been shaving with it on 5 (as that is what it came back on) and have been surprised how nice the shaves have been. I thought I needed something a bit more aggressive and had been using set on at least 7 - turns out the milder shave seems to be giving as good a shave without the irritiation.

Status
Not open for further replies.