Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brush: Butterscotch Simpson re-knot with Simpsons Super Hair
Razor: Fatboy on 7
Blade: English Wilky
Cream: Speick
A/S: Speick

Excellent shave today, first use of Simpson re-knot, thanks again @Mark1966, lathered up the speick perfectly. Also first use of speick cream and aftershave today, love the aftershave, love the cream.

Razor: Fatboy on 7
Blade: English Wilky
Cream: Speick
A/S: Speick

Excellent shave today, first use of Simpson re-knot, thanks again @Mark1966, lathered up the speick perfectly. Also first use of speick cream and aftershave today, love the aftershave, love the cream.
Nice one! Swap out the Wilkies and this could be my desert island shave...

Great stuff - glad you like the brush mate :)

Brush: Erskine butterscotch TGN (finest) reknot
Razor: Standard
Blade: Feather
Soap: Speick
Aftershave: Captains Choice Cat o' Nine Tails

Thought I'd test @filobiblic 's suggestion on a Feather in a mild razor - for those unfamiliar the Feathers and I did not get along at all. Standard (borrowed from Brother Filo) is the mildest I have with me.

Shave?

'king Top Shelf!
So much so I thought I'd apply the Cat 'o Nine Tails test - coz if you shave bad the Cat o'Nine Tails whips you HARD! - it has brought bigger men than I to tears. Splashed it on.... nothing until the wave got some motion and then hot, hoT, HOT...but very, very nice. No tears just smiles.

Great suggestion filo - c'mon day what you got!!!!

Are you are dairy farmer, Stillsy?
I wish! Be better than being a shiny bum.....I do run some cattle but only to keep the grass in order. Why'd ask mate?

Because you are up so flipping early?
I saw your post and thought the same but have been a little busy with laborious Wifebert to comment much.
Her mum had just arrived from Malaysia though, so I'm not needed for the time being.

0262550229ec9811eff4298d63c2db6c.jpg

Ahh welcome back Mr Cadman. Sharper than ever after a stint at Oz'

4219a03658e37d057a2a4b32bfb6a56f.jpg

Nothing a little English fern to get your morning ahem.. afternoon started!
Warm lather in summer!!!! Are you in the mountains in Tassie!!??! (Or in fickle Melbourne? [emoji13])

Razor 1: Gillette Super Speed Red Tip 1955
Razor 2: Merkur 34C
Blade 1: Gillette Swedes
Blade 2: Perma-Sharp Super Stainless
Soap: Mon Savon Au Lait (Last shave for that bowl, took me a year to finish it.)
After Shave: Aqua Velva Original Sport

Lately I've been thinking that MAYBE I will bring a razor out of my storage. I haven't decided which razor yet, could be a Fatboy, a Rocket or maybe a Super Speed 40's.

Razor 1: Gillette Super Speed Red Tip 1955
Razor 2: Merkur 34C
Blade 1: Gillette Swedes
Blade 2: Perma-Sharp Super Stainless
Soap: Mon Savon Au Lait (Last shave for that bowl, took me a year to finish it.)
After Shave: Aqua Velva Original Sport

Lately I've been thinking that MAYBE I will bring a razor out of my storage. I haven't decided which razor yet, could be a Fatboy, a Rocket or maybe a Super Speed 40's.

How you rate the permasharp in comparison to the gillette swedes, thinking about blades as I'm down to my last 70 or so. Got my eyes on souplexs. They seem to get a high marks.

Brush: Semogue 620
Soap/Cream: Phoenix/Italian Barber The Beach
Razor: Merkur 38c
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
After-Shave: Alum, Proraso white balm

Brush: Semogue 620
Soap/Cream: Phoenix/Italian Barber The Beach
Razor: Merkur 38c
Blade: Polsilver SI (3)
After-Shave: Alum, Proraso white balm
Tell us about "The Beach"... Does it smell like Bondi? Or like Botany Bay?

Melbourne. It was pretty fresh today unlike the 30+ day yesterday and prior
What are you on about? 30 is fresh - presuming that is the maximum and not the minimum.

No today was low 21 but yesterday was like 30+
Our friend and fellow fanatic Eggy loves on the other side of the continent- the topside to be more specific. I believe 30 deg C is a cooler day for him... [emoji6]

Status
Not open for further replies.