Plisson
Eagle - Vintage Japanese Razor - Swedish Silver Steel
000_3108-2_zps4tgijcbm.jpg

Razor: Weber polished head on Bulldog handle
Blade: Feather [1]
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: PannaCrema Vetiver
Aftershave: Floid

No fancy pictures but been a while since a SOTD.

Slipped a new, my last?, Feather in the Weber - sensational on the PannaCrema lather. Why has it been so long since I used a Feather!

Just a shame about the stupid Floid bottle that is impossible to pur from ...

Razor: Merkur 39c
Blade: Wilkinson sword
Brush: Vie-Long 13064
Cream: Proraso Green soap and pre shave
Aftershave: Myrsol C and Emulsion

Used 4 new things today. Proraso Pre shave, Myrsol and the Vie-Long brush.
First time I've used pre shave or a Horse hair brush. The brush was softer than I expected, my only experience is with boar. I Think I'm really going to love it. Pre shave... its hard to say after one use, but I do love the extra menthol!

Deciding which splash that was hard choice. Gave them all a wiff but decided on Formula C.

Razor: Gillette 40's style SuperSpeed
Blade: Feather [2]
Brush: Semogue Cerda
Soap/Cream: Soap Commander "Courage"
Aftershave: Myrsol Blue

With my B&M booty stuck at the Sunshine AP depot I reached for a sample of Soap Commander that one of you lads kindly sent me. It was was superb. The performance and scent is top notch. Regretfully I did not participate in that Group Buy.

The Feather blade is not a favourite but we might be getting there. It was a bit rough yesterday but with one shave under its belt the second shave was very smooth and close.

All round it was a schmick Friday shave!

Brush: Semogue #1305
Soap/Cream: B&M Fougere

Scent of the B&M Fougere was so nice, though I'm not sure I rate the lather as high as I do the MdC Fougere. Needs more research.

Razor: Weber
Blade: Permasharp Super (1)

Well this is how the hardware started, but it wasn't such a nice experience, so....

Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather (4)

Oh what a relief. You really don't appreciate the Feather until you drag a different breed of metal across your face.

Aftershave: Myrsol F/Extra

This one has now become a must-have. Beautiful stuff!

Last edited:
+1 on Floid's annoying bottles without flow controllers! Maybe it's a marketing ploy to get you to buy their little screw-in squeeze-bulb atomiser?

Face Wash : Musgo Real & O Melhor exfoliating soap
Pre Shave : Myrsol
Brush : Shavemac Silvertip (Custom knot)
Soap : Mondial Spiced Mandarin
Razor : Wolfman WR1-SB
Blade : Polsilver (as suggested by @alfredus)
Post Shave : Emu Oil followed by Musgo Real Orange Amber

Plenty of time on hand today to really kick back and enjoy a wonderful shave. @alfredus' suggestion of Polsilver with the Wolfman was a real winner - very smooth but very close. The Wolfman did a wonderful job of "taming" the Polsilver, a blade I usually treat with caution and respect.

Wonderful citrus notes today - the Spiced Mandarin shaving soap smells wonderful and produces a fine lather, and the Musgo Real Ornge Amber aftershave followed up in a similar sophisticate citrus vein. It's fast becoming a favourite aftershave.

All in all, a fantastic start to the day :)

Deciding which splash that was hard choice. Gave them all a wiff but decided on Formula C.
I too love Formula C! I really dig the classic violets scent. I just wish it hung around longer... (Most of the other Myrsol scents linger longer.)

Razor: Weber polished head on Bulldog handle
Blade: Feather [2]
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: @Barrister & Mann Roam Tallow
Aftershave: Captains Choice 'Cat o' nine tails'

As both @stillshunter and I said on arrival the scent of the Roam is interesting. Added a dash of water in the office to release the scents and it was still 'interesting'.

Others have described how good a soap the B&M are so I will not bore you with my ravings there. The scent though is complex and multi layered. It DOES remind me of Pinetarsol (pine tar smell) but them once the shave was finished and face washed the strong tobacco/smoke scent was very evident.

I tried the CoNT to 'feel the burn' but think @stillshunter must have lashed himself so much only three tails were left - not much burn at all.

Sitting here typing I have this odd combination of the CoNT and tobacco scents wafting occasionally. Will be VERY interesting when combined with the Roam A/S. Not sure if I will love or hate it ...

Razor: E1 Fatboy (5)
Blade: Spoiler (7?)
Brush: Plissitane
Soap/Cream: @Barrister & Mann 'Lavanille'
Aftershave: None

Really, really good shave. Spoiler still going though the growth like buttah.

Lavanille is very interesting and I will be putting up the review shortly.

The dry season has arrived. Yay!
Had a hot water shower and shave to celebrate as it was down to a chilly 20 degrees this morning.
Random nonick soap sample and speick a/s in lieu of the usual menthol hit was quite refreshing for a change.

My Frankenbrush: A mop of badger set on top of a fairly ugly looking handle. My first re-knot and actually in performance terms one of the best I've got.
Body Shop Macca Root: Going down at a depressingly slow rate. It'll be years before I can triumphantly enter the empty container to the finished product thread.
Ever Ready Streamline
GEM SS (3)

The Ever Ready Streamline is a magnificent beast. It's the Rolls Royce of SE razors. Built like a tank and plated to a standard that puts any other razor to shame. Here's a pic. Mine was NOS and came in this art deco style bakelite container.

GEM and Ever Ready, aside from the GEM Micromatic series (the DE equivalent of TTO style), produced identical razors. You can almost without exception find an Ever Ready equivalent of a GEM razor and vice versa. Anyhow I hope this little fouree in to SE razors will spark some sort of interest. Still feeling very lonely here as the only active SE shaver.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.