Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
eewwwww, sorry to hear you've hit on the most desperate of times mate.
@All, might we consider passing the hat around to buy @khun_diddy a reasonable soap...I mean even a shit one would be better than what he's had to resort to here. Poor fella!
Well he just got a jar of Latha...on the down side he had to give back the RRSS :D :D :D

Well he just got a jar of Latha...on the down side he had to give back the RRSS :D :D :D
Latha, nice, now that's a proper common man's soap. That other cheap Turkish stuff is just a cool middle-class ironic slumming it thing - like hipsters in the states who drink PBR ('king nasty). Aint for the flavour, just for the cred...

I know and I have bought from him before. Problem is, Voskhods are 7Us$ at the moment so 23us$ us expensive :D
Buy 10k @ $17 per 100 then and I will petition @Monsta_AU to grant you a custom title befitting your commitment :)
Psst, if anyone questions your decision, kindly inform them you've heard they've stopped production ;)

eewwwww, sorry to hear you've hit on the most desperate of times mate.
@All, might we consider passing the hat around to buy @khun_diddy a reasonable soap...I mean even a shit one would be better than what he's had to resort to here. Poor fella!
Are you mistaking scent with performance again mate?
I know scent influences an opinion upon the soap, yet perhaps you could try shaving with it when stuffed up with a cold/flu and shove some tissues up your nostrils for good measure and perhaps then join us that appreciate it's performance, even if some of us question the choice of scent :)

Ignore the soap snobs @khun_diddy. They assume if a soap doesn't have at least 3 to 4 foreign sounding names and supposedly more separate scents than could be detected by a bloodhound then it can't be useable. Nothing wrong with ARKO!!!! - lathers well shaves even better cheap as chips.
How's that fancy list of samples going mate ?

Brush: Semogue 620
Razor: Merkur 37c
Blade: Merkur (4)
Soap: MWF
A/S: GFT Skinfood

Damn good shave today, first actual shave for the 620 and it's did well, it's still got a hell of along way before being broken though.

Razor: New
Blade: Sputnik
Brush: Omega S10108 S-Brush Pro
Soap: B&M Latha
Aftershave: Proraso Green

It's good to be back to the New. Inspired by the RRSS, I did a lot of Gillette sliding in tonight's shave and the results were fantastic. These Sputnik are outstanding.

It was my first Latha shave. It's also my first ever 'artisan' soap. It's wonderful soap. The post shave is very luxurious. I loaded way too much. The scent is a unique powdery 'barberhop'.

I wanted to go Floid Blue tonight but I accidentally pulled the 400 mL bottle of Proraso from the depths of my cupboard instead. I'm kind of glad I did...

/
Latha, nice, now that's a proper common man's soap. That other cheap Turkish stuff is just a cool middle-class ironic slumming it thing - like hipsters in the states who drink PBR ('king nasty). Aint for the flavour, just for the cred...
Is PBR (obviously not Professional Bull Riding) anything like IGP (Itchy Green Pants)? If @Mark1966 drinks IGP from the reviews I've read, it ain't for the taste either. Must be a Public Service "cred thing".

It was my first Latha shave. It's also my first ever 'artisan' soap. It's wonderful soap.
Maaaaaaaaate. Welcome to the wonderful world of artisan soaps and aftershaves. [emoji106]You better believe it, but these soaps kick butt like nothing else. You did start pretty much at the top, but you've still got a whole world of adventure before you... So welcome and enjoy. [emoji4]

CeU84at.png

Brush: Erskine ReKnot
Soap: Mike's Naturals Bay Rum
Razor: Dovo Special 6/8
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna Super [2]
After-shave: Johnny GoodSir TMBR aftershave and toner

My SOTD. Entered it into the Maggard competition for their site.
Beautiful photo YB! Best of luck with winning. [emoji106] Are you allowed a few entries? Some of your other SOTD photos are stunning too.

Thanks guys I suppose you never know unless you enter. Has to include stuff they sell. So might do another with the Rooney beehive.

CeU84at.png

Brush: Erskine ReKnot
Soap: Mike's Naturals Bay Rum
Razor: Dovo Special 6/8
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna Super [2]
After-shave: Johnny GoodSir TMBR aftershave and toner
I'd be careful of unexpected visits from @Dale.Whiley now you've confirmed you've JGS in your posession and how long is @Mark loaning you his Dovo (it does have his name upon it after all) ?

I'd be careful of unexpected visits from @Dale.Whiley now you've confirmed you've JGS in your posession and how long is @Mark loaning you his Dovo (it does have his name upon it after all) ?
I sent @Dale.Whiley some the other week - it's all good! [emoji106]

:cautious: DAAALLLLEEEEE!
You sneaky bugger, you!
How did you obtain some of that w/o it coming to my attention, Mr ?

Status
Not open for further replies.