Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
:cautious: DAAALLLLEEEEE!
You sneaky bugger, you!
How did you obtain some of that w/o it coming to my attention, Mr ?
BTW I've still got some TOBS Cologne here in a holding pattern waiting for you @borked

I've not forgotten and a few items to offer in private for trade, as usual ;)
I'm still yet to collect either MdC or B&M, so it's not just you mate. :)

Brush: shavemac #177
Soap: Wickham's Imperial Tonic
Razor: AS-D2
Blade: Feather (1)
Post-shave: F/Extra

To move beyond my grief at missing out on the Wickhams recently listed on the BST, I have committed to testing each of my pots and treating myself to my favourite. This morning was the Imperial Tonic - scented like Cella done right (sweet almond and rounded cherry). The scent is superb! The lather even better - protection and glide to the nines. Honestly this stuff cannot be faulted. I'd say this is my favourite soap-maker not from continental Europe. The Myrsol F/Extra goes perfect with this soap scent. So far the most likely Wickham's purchase will be the Imperial Tonic.....then again it is the first.

C'mon Monday, what you got mudderfuqqer?

It's got a public holiday for me. Good job too, don't think I could have handled work today

20150504_SOTDS_zpslfeb7wlw.jpg

Pre-Shave: Occams pre-shave soap, cold water
Razor: The WOLF(man)
Blade: Asco (1)
Brush: Omega 49
Soap: Barrister & Mann Ferox
Post-shave: Alum, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Stirling Vetiver alcohol free Witch Hazel

Finally some time to try out blades - first was an Asco kindly donated yesterday by Bold As (he just joined the mad house here - so please @Monsta_AU do your admission magic). The blade was nice and smooth, but for me not as smooth as a Voskhod and not as sharp as a PolSilver. Nonetheless a very pleasant 3 pass shave.

And also the piggy season has started. My new 610 is coming along very nicely and will be ready for my next shave. Just wanted to remind myself, what the baseline in terms of boars are...

Omega49_BMFeroxLatherS_zpsmpmd2ht1.jpg

Thoughts on the soap in the appropriate section...

Brush: Rooney beehive 2
Soap: Phoenix CAD
Razor: Feather ASD2

Peach and my dad popped over for a coffee on the weekend and brought along some of their wares. I got to try some DR Harris Arlington soap which was a real eye opener. He also left me with the CAD. Well this morning I gave it a go and whilst it was easy to lather and looked great it just didn't translate into a good shave. It left my skin tingling and not the closest shave. Unlike the DR Harris I won't be pursuing this one when a spot opens up in my highly exclusive top 8.

Trumpers - GFT Shave cream
Simpson '10' for Marshall Field & Co
Permasharp Super
Merkur Futur
Alum
Speick ASB
Jojoba/Argan Blend

ooo-er...this GFT cream has a nice smell doesn't it? ARKO! for the upper crust if I may be so bold.

I never really used the Futur much before I went off the rails. My initial thoughts on it were that it was a weapon - a rather scarily blade gapped weapon at that. Today it just seemed such an easy, smooth shave. Bloody excellent shaver it seems, it will be the go to if the results keep up. This is R41 level of close with a fraction of the risk.

:cautious: DAAALLLLEEEEE!
You sneaky bugger, you!
How did you obtain some of that w/o it coming to my attention, Mr ?
Totally underwhelmed by the A/S, unlike the JGS soap. I'll do a review on this A/S in the coming days. Anne Bonny shave soap however - excellent soap with a very surprising scent. I'll do a review on this too in the coming days.

Brush: Semogue Mistura
Soap: ARKO!!!
Razor: Gillette Slim - 7
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Post-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel & Speick splash

This shave was dedicated to the forgotten boys of BOA™. Brotherhood Of ARKO!!!

I miss you, fella's.

Last edited:
Brush: Semogue Mistura
Soap: Arko
Razor: Gillette Slim - 7
Blade: Gillette Platinum (1)
Post-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel & Speick splash

This shave was dedicated to the forgotten boys of BOA™. Brotherhood Of Arko

I miss you, fella's.

Bless you my son - but a minor correction - the soap of soaps must be referred to as ARKO!!!!

Razor: New
Blade: Sputnik (1)
Brush: Omega S10108 S-Brush Pro
Soap: B&M Latha
Aftershave: Pinaud VIBR

The Latha got so slick that the Omega flew out of my hand onto the floor at the start of the second pass. Something that has never happened before. I was worried I'd cracked the handle. Then I'd have to go and buy myself a Plisson.

Great shave.

Monday 4 May 2015

200270d1430746728-sun-may-03rd-sat-may-09th-sotd-04052015.jpg

Mastro Livi CarboInox Snake, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point

It is always such an immense pleasure traveling with a Mastro Livi razor, something you can always trust in order to have an impeccable shave. This time it is even better because I brought with me my latest Mastro Livi razor, this incredibly beautiful CarboInox Snake Razor. I am enjoying it more and more at each shave, a wonderful masterpiece to see, yet another impeccable proof of Mastro Livi talent and craftsmanship. I also finally managed to get a small bottle of N°4711 Original Eau De Cologne After Shave and I thought there would have not been a better occasion than this one to use it. I have always loved Eau De Cologne fragrance and in particular N°4711, in my opinion the finest of them all.​
  • Pre-Shave: Roberts Distilled Rose Water
  • Soap: Cella
  • Brush: Sephora Badger 491
  • Bowl: Chinese Bowl
  • Strop: Mastro Livi Loom Strop and Hand Palm
  • Razor: Mastro Livi CarboInox Snake, 8/8 Full Hollow, Snake Point
  • Post-Shave: Argan Oil
  • After Shave: N°4711 Original Eau De Cologne After Shave

Mate, your posts evoke envy, particularly considering that razor is simply a masterpiece... that should be in my hands :p

Mate, your posts evoke envy, particularly considering that razor is simply a masterpiece... that should be in my hands [emoji14]
I am flattered my posts can evoke a sort of, like to say, admiration and I certainly am very proud for owning that masterpiece. Not to mention the fact I wish you to have one like that very soon.
Of course that could be a wonderful chance for visiting Italy while enjoying food, wine and art, last but not the least, watching the making of your razor straight from the hands of Mastro Livi. ;-)

Brush: smog #620
Soap: MWF
Razor: AS-D2
Blade: Feather (3)
Post-shave: Antesol

I hear you can't use this soap on a T-day, like today and Thursday, s'pose it has something to do with the letters in the acronym - MWF. But on this Tuesday it did a damn fine job. Love the post-shave face feel. I do get concerned as folks like @mantic59 warn those with sensitive or oily skin may be at risk to ingrown hairs with this soap. I'm of the latter group , but so far so good....I hope (I hate ingrowns).

Everything else complemented the soap and I'm more and more convinced about buying the whole Myrsol line in the next G&C order

My shaves are basically the same most mornings Simple, Simplicity SE this morning.
Soak #1 Turkish for a couple of minutes in warm water in the scuttle.
Wash face with warm water.
Drain scuttle and brush and load with homebrew soap and proceed to make too much lather in the scuttle. The #1 makes a lot of lather.
Finish pass #1 with a cold rinse then re lather for the second and final pass for a DFS.
GEM 1912 - Gem SS ptfe blade [4 shaves]
Finish with hand shower head on cold as final wash/rinse.

Status
Not open for further replies.