Shave of the Day 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've changed things up recently. It's been dropping to around 20ºC overnight - which is very cold for here at this time of year, so *gasp* the menthol big hitters have taken a back seat. Dapper Dragon Signature this morning.
An old fashioned barbershop sort of smell, with a twist. Lemon, lime and blood orange combine with cantaloupe for a bright top end, supported by soothing oakmoss, spicy lavandin, and fiery black pepper.
I'm not sure about the barbershop, but I get a complex melon/citrus scent with other aromas I can't quite pin which is quite pleasant on the nose, and the lather is another great one. I added a little hot water to the puck as I got into the shower, and then a couple of minutes later showed the soap to the (dry) FS best badger brush, and within seconds had loaded enough for a decent 3 pass shave.

gfogpEy.jpg

Rhapsody sample.

Like others the scent was pretty busy in the pot, I wasn't sure I'd like it at all. However after pressing it into my sample lid, and soaking it with warm water while I stropped, the lathering produced a much better all round fragrance. Still unmistakably rhapsody, but just better and clearer. To my nose it's a sweet but rounded floral blossom kind of scent. Not really my thing but very pleasant, and with awesome staying power.

Brush:Love Your Shave 25mm Badger
Soap: Barrister and Mann Diamond
Razor: Merkur 34C
Blade: Wilkson Sword (4)
Post-shave: Alum

Two pass shave this morning. First shave with any Barrister and Mann product, the product produces a great lather very easily. The Diamond is an interesting scent - it smells like cut grass and dirt - with a touch of sweetness very faintly in the background. I like the smell but think it will change with some more lathers with maybe the sweetness becoming a bit more prominent. I will try to write a review in the soap section in the coming days after some more use.

Brush: Simpson Duke 3
Soap: Catie's Bubbles Black Bergamot
Razor: Gillette Slim on 6
Blade: Gillette Platinum (2)
Post-shave: Thayers Witch Hazel & Proraso splash

Coming back to my birth year Gillette Slim has been a bit of a revelation. It was a rough shaver when I first started using it. A 12 month hiatus and its like a completely different razor! So much smoother & closer than I remember. More experience under my belt? Hmmm...me thinks the blade. Way back I used an assortment of blades like Astra, Personna Red, Derby, and Feather. Notch up another good pairing of razor and blade.

Coming back to my birth year Gillette Slim has been a bit of a revelation. It was a rough shaver when I first started using it. A 12 month hiatus and its like a completely different razor! So much smoother & closer than I remember. More experience under my belt? Hmmm...me thinks the blade. Way back I used an assortment of blades like Astra, Personna Red, Derby, and Feather. Notch up another good pairing of razor and blade.

Which Plat was it LAP? Dark, White, vintage?

Anyway; back to the usual suspects for me.

Razor: E1 Fatboy (5)
Blade: Spoiler (8?)
Brush: Plissitane
Soap/Cream: @Barrister & Mann 'Ferox'
Aftershave: Not even in the realm of being required.

So much glide in the Ferox I was able to an entire second pass in blade-buffing mode. Just phenomenal.

Scent will not be to eveybody's fancy, the Tea Tree is quite strong but as an Aussie we should love it. Crisp, clean scent. Go get some, as I may make ownership of Ferox as a condition of P&C membership at some point. :p

.... Go get some, as I may make ownership of Ferox as a condition of P&C membership at some point. :p

I have Roam - it qualifies me for lifetime platinum membership me thinks ;)

Preshave Petusco
Two Band Shaving Brush BSB
Shaving Cream Mondial Bergamotto & Neroli
DE open Comb (it’s a very old safety razor, not branded, not brand mention in the box))
Polsilver DE blades
Aftershave Balm Fitjar Fjellheim

Lovely looking razor and great photos.

You must have some of the last Fitjar aftershave in the world! Sad that they stopped making soaps and after shaves.

Brush: Omega 80005
Soap: Soap Commander LPassion
Razor: Gold Dollar 208
Razor: Eclipse Red Ring
Blade: Personna Med Prep [3]
After-shave: Soap Commander Passion balm

Soap Commander. Hey, remember them?! [emoji14]

Coming back to my birth year Gillette Slim has been a bit of a revelation. It was a rough shaver when I first started using it. A 12 month hiatus and its like a completely different razor!
Hmmmm... I think this means:
Happy Cakeday does it not?! [emoji512][emoji322]
Seems like it started with a great shave which could only mean the rest of the day would have flowed smoothly. [emoji41]

Lovely looking razor and great photos.

You must have some of the last Fitjar aftershave in the world! Sad that they stopped making soaps and after shaves.
Didn't someone here find them lacklustre when compared to other options, like Occams and Anthony's efforts ?

Didn't someone here find them lacklustre when compared to other options, like Occams and Anthony's efforts ?
I've heard good things about their soaps. I haven't used them personally. I'm assuming their aftershave would be good as well.

Razor: Wilkinson Sword Classic
Blade: Wilkinson Super Sword Edge @5
Brush: Vie-Long 13061
Cream: Sport Aqua - Crema De Afeitar Extrasuave(Made in Cuba by Suchel Camacho S.A. ) Note: Thin lather, very menthol.
A.F: Aqua Velva Ice Sport

I did a quick yet refreshing Double WTG :D

Hmmmm... I think this means:
Happy Cakeday does it not?! [emoji512][emoji322]
Seems like it started with a great shave which could only mean the rest of the day would have flowed smoothly. [emoji41]

Nope, not my birthday. Just picked up the Slim after ignoring it for the past 12 months. I'm revisiting some items that initially I wasn't fond of.
Thanks for the sentiments anyway.

Brush: Thater #49125
Soap: LPL
Razor: AS-D2
Blade: Feather (4)
Post-shave: Metilsol

Not a bad shave. Not bad at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.