Shave of the Day - 2024

Don’t worry she’ll find out sooner or later, she’s not bloody stupid using a computer, iPad or phone to look it up, because, theirs an engraved wolfman named on your razor easy peasy.
Yes and no. Indeed she's not stupid (she romped through a PhD), but she's not very observant. (Her doctorate is not in a science discipline.) So I'm safe for now, I think. If she sorts through my stuff when I'm dead, she might be in for one or two surprises, but I'll be out of yelling range. ;)

Yes and no. Indeed she's not stupid (she romped through a PhD), but she's not very observant. (Her doctorate is not in a science discipline.) So I'm safe for now, I think. If she sorts through my stuff when I'm dead, she might be in for one or two surprises, but I'll be out of yelling range. ;)
:ROFLMAO:

2509.jpg

Koraat 14 2.0 15/16 Bellied Full Hollow - Zenith Unbleached - Stirling Faskally - Myrsol Agua de Limón - Sukin Moisturiser

PXL-20240924-202555183-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Valobra Glicerlanolina
Brush: TroyCraft "Nebulish" 30mm silvertip
Soap: Whispers From the Woods - Lavande
Razor: Wolfman WR4
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, Oxford & Cambridge cologne

It's been a few years since I last used WFTW Lavande, and I think Alex might have worked on the formula a bit since then. This is one of her veg soaps (I presume in order to present the scent better), and it's a lot harder than most artisan soaps, harder, say, than MdC. The lather is superbly slick, and although I normally couldn't care less about cushion, this has plenty, without getting in the way of the shave. I bought 2 tubs of it this time around, and just as well, it's a keeper. (y) (y)

SOTD Monday 23 September
  • Razor Gillette British Rocket FlareTip
  • Blade Gillette Wilkinson Sword
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Synthetic
  • Soap Arko
  • Post Shave Thayers unscented Witch Hazel
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Cooling Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade was in my 1950’s Gillette British Rocket FlareTip today.
1st use on this blade from the Saloon pack.
Very nice daily shave to start the week. No weepers or irritation.

Arko isn’t to everyone’s taste regarding the scent, it can be a little citronella.
The scent does dissipate quite quickly, however the creamy dense lather from Arko is as good as anything.

I always bowl lather, similar method to Uncle Laurie, 2-3 minutes whipping a great lather.

- Anyone else use Laurie’s method?

Thanks for the mention and hope the method is working well for you.

SOTD – Wed.25SEP2024

SOTD-20240925-setup.png

Shave Result: My method for handling most hard/triple mill soaps is to shave off a small portion off the puck, press the shavings into the bottom of my lathering bowl and moistened with wet fingers, then start swirling to produce the lather. Todays lather was awesome and excellent shaving performance. The scent is a wonderful “posh” classic clean woody (Sandalwood) forward with some floral, citrus & powdery and has the bonus of 100% wife approval rating, scent strength 4/10. Wonderful clean, smooth, close DFS from the Overlander, still my number 1 DE razor.

The Gear:​

• Pre Shave: Tri-Care Goats Milk & Glycerin Bar Soap (from ALDI) [A]
  • Brush: ShaveXDave “The Green&Gold” with 24/55 APShave Synbad knot [A]
  • Soap: The Gentleman Floris (London) - “No.89”
  • Bowl: Whispers From The Woods [A]
  • Razor: Karve Aluminium Overlander (Weight - 38gm with blade; Blade Gap - 0.73mm; Blade Exposure - 0.07mm; Handle - 90mm/12.5mm)
  • Blade: Gillette Platinum, made in Russia (2)
  • Astringent: Jennai Aloe Vera Gel with Witch Hazel & Vitamin E [A]
  • Balm: G&M Australian Creams - Emu Oil MkII [A]
  • After Shave Splash: Old Spice Classic AS
  • Moisturiser: MooGoo Natural Full Cream - Hydrate [A]
[A] = Australian Product

PXL-20240924-202555183-PORTRAIT.jpg

Pre-shave: Hot flannel, Valobra Glicerlanolina
Brush: TroyCraft "Nebulish" 30mm silvertip
Soap: Whispers From the Woods - Lavande
Razor: Wolfman WR4
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: TND witch hazel, homebrew moisturiser, Oxford & Cambridge cologne

It's been a few years since I last used WFTW Lavande, and I think Alex might have worked on the formula a bit since then. This is one of her veg soaps (I presume in order to present the scent better), and it's a lot harder than most artisan soaps, harder, say, than MdC. The lather is superbly slick, and although I normally couldn't care less about cushion, this has plenty, without getting in the way of the shave. I bought 2 tubs of it this time around, and just as well, it's a keeper. (y) (y)
I have plenty of soaps. Have to go through my stock first. Not buying any more. Starting my sabatical 2025😂

SOTD Sunday 22 September

• Razor Gillette Adjustable FatBoy G1 (5)
  • Blade Sharp Jaws Platinum (3)
  • Pre-Shave Tricare Goats Milk
  • Brush Vulfix Pure Badger
  • Soap Proraso – Wood and Spice
  • Post Shave Thayers unscented Witch Hazel
  • Aftershave Brut Splash
  • Balm Nivea – Sensitive Pro - Post Shave Cooling Balm

The Morning Shave.
The Sharp Jaws blade was in my 1961 Gillette FatBoy today.

3rd use on the Jaws blade, these blades come double wrapped.
Very nice daily shave, comfortable with no weepers or irritation.
I use the Badger brush once per week, to allow it to dry thoroughly.
I usually use it with Proraso, so its beginning to keep a little scent in the brush, of the Wood & Spice and Sandalwood.

I was watching a recent upload of Chuck’s Shaving Channel; he covered his hometown.
Particularly interesting to see the history of Petticoat Junction Amusement Park.
Chuck has a lost a lot of his channel Subscribers due to a YouTube problem.

If you have a time, drop in and have a look, the YouTube algorithm probably no longer keep his videos on the main page.

Chuck's Shaving channel #shavelikeyourgrandpa - YouTube

Great pics and info Garry357

Pre-shave:- Cool Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC Two Band Finest Badger in Taj (Ivory) Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Mike s Natural ~ Bay Rum
Razor/Blade:- British Ever Ready Streamline 'Jewel' / GEM Personna PTFE Coated #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerine (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Burberry Weekend for Men