Not open for further replies.
Date: 18 March 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Maseto Extra Density 2 Band Finest Badger Ivory 24/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Route 66 ~ Sweeney Todd 2x
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor:- Rockwell 6C (R5)
Blade:- Gillette Silver Blue #2
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

FvoASKy.jpg

Occam's Crushed Lime Pre
H.L.Thäter fünf
Gillette Fatboy
Feather
Caties Bubbles Le Marché du Rasage Soap/Splash/EDP

You have got to love these 40C Autumnal Days.

fUXTfWPh.jpg

Soap: Stirling 'Ben Franklin'
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Kai Captain Titan
Nice Sunday morning shave with the Stirling lather and Asylum Rx. Ben passes the Asylum test.
Never take a good shave for granted ...
That's where I'm lucky I guess, being on the road (fortunately I don't have to fly much) I can pack a couple of razors and soaps. I was going to designate a 'travel razor' and soap but found that unnecessary. I don't take my good gear away but have plenty of choices to keep up the variety. There's a bit of an apothecary going on in my suitcase.

Semogue 1305
Proraso Red
Bengall
Witch Hazel
Nivea Men

Nice two pass Sunday straight shave.Suppose it's not that much different from a two pass Thursday straight shave or any day for that matter.Except for blood.No blood today.Always a good thing.

93DjyED.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Parker Variant on 3.0 - kindly loaned by @Mark1966
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Mystic Water Bergamot, Cedarwood & Juniper
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, Australian Emu Oil​

As it is Sunday, I decided to go a bit more aggressive today on my third shave with the Variant. So I whipped up some wonderful Mystic Water lather and off I went.

While I had much more blade feel on my face than on setting 2/2.5, the shave itself did not feel really closer than on 2.5. Interestingly the angle changed quiet substantially, but again the result was not a closer shave...

Seems like the sweet spot for me is on 2.5...but let's see what the future brings.

I hope you all have a relaxing Sunday (y)

IMAG0058.jpg

Brush:
Proraso (Omega)
Razor: Merker 37C
Blade: Merker
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Shaving Factory mug
Pre: Shower
Soap: EJ Menthol puck
Post: Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Suavecito Menthol Vanishing Creme

What a difference a day can make as I had a very satisfying DFS using the trusty 37C slant. No new weepers/nicks/cuts to report which is always nice, as the razor happily shaved my new growth in 2 easy passes :happy: Finished off with some Suavectio creme with its soothing menthol. Can't wait for my next SOTD :nailbiting: Hope you a have a great working week and happy shaves!

I saw my ex last week and she gave me my old tub of cella that went missing.
Good stuff, thankfully after a couple of years most of the scent has disappeared (never was a fan). Lathers up beautifully in my $2 smooth soup mug.
As I'm getting more back into it after years of hiatus I think I'm getting better at lather, angle and stretching blades and extra 1-2 shaves. I usually tossed blades after about 3 shaves but the IP in the gillette new, the astra in the slim adjustable and the gem in the SE have been going for 4-5 shaves now

Razor: 1912 SE Gem (my last one left over after selling most stuff off - ornate handle but a bit of brassing)
Blade: GEM (4)
Soap: Cella
Brush: semogue SOC

DFS, no irritation - but I think the glue is finally coming loose on the 10 y/o SOC

Gillette Superspeed 1953
Schick Krona-Chrome @ 16
Dr.Jon - Anne Bonny
Vintage Aqua Velva Ice Blue

This is the end of the road for the 50 years old blade, it provided me with a 16th excellent shave, and I decided to stop there to keep good memories. Thou shall not be forgotten *Taking off my cap

Gillette Superspeed 1953
Schick Krona-Chrome @ 16
Dr.Jon - Anne Bonny
Vintage Aqua Velva Ice Blue

This is the end of the road for the 50 years old blade, it provided me with a 16th excellent shave, and I decided to stop there to keep good memories. Thou shall not be forgotten *Taking off my cap
Gotta love those Kona-chrome's, Maxie (y).

terrible photo I know, but was woken at the crack of dawn and not really in the composing frame of mind.
Barrister and Mann: Reserve Fern
Razor: Timeless, 0.68mm
Brush: Sam and Son 22mm silvertip
Blade: Feather
Like the photo composition, I did not put a lot of effort into today's shave, love the soap and this razor, seriously smooth. DFS after two passes

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Vintage NOS Gillette Super Stainless blade (2)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (ARP) Couer de Vert shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (ARP) Couer de Vert splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (ARP) Couer de Vert EDP

Ahhhh, good to be home ...

bnl8YpW.jpg

Valobra Pre
Declaration
Fatboy
Feather
Grooming Dept. Magnolia
Chatillon Lux Vide Poche Salve/Splash
Aqua Di Palma Colonia Pura EDC

Another floral for what's promising to be another Autumn scorcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.