Not open for further replies.
r7VD1sYl.jpg

Warm water splash
Razorock Big Bruce
Crabtree and Evelyn West Indian Lime soap
Merkur 34C
Gillette Wilkinson blade
Proraso green aftershave

Thank you @Razor Burn this help a lot, I'll be okay, I'm on depression medication for 12 months for PTSD and still undergoing counseling until further notices. I'm glad my mother is getting rid of the house which has caused so much pain, she very emotional giving up her home because it keeps poisoning our minds and our mental health which needs to be done otherwise we will never heal.
Keep positive and here's hoping a brighter and happier future awaits you and your family ;)

Easter shave.
I was very tempted to do with ByLuna Lemon soap, but i changed my mind favouring orange

Pre: Hot water
machine: Seygus extrem + Astra green
brush: Yaqi sagrada familia
soap: Extro Arancia italiana L.E.
splash: APr Ligthing Ridge
balm: TSW

jsCmBjy.jpg

Very nice gear for a very nice shave Extro performs very well. I am surprised i sheldom see it out of spanish forums (been actually italian). Maybe because of its scarcity among retailers?

cheers and my best whises to @SpeedyPC

Very nice gear for a very nice shave Extro performs very well. I am surprised i sheldom see it out of spanish forums (been actually italian). Maybe because of its scarcity among retailers?
I think that is the reason and maybe because it's also a cream (creams seem to be less popular). Doing a search I found only one English language store with it and they don't remove tax for international orders from what I could tell :(

Edit: I changed my search terms and found a few more results. So it should be obtainable if people are interested.

Pre: Hot water
Razor: Rockwell 6S - Face (R5) Head (R6)
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush : Maggards Synth
Soap: Declaration Grooming Bon Vivant

Decent shave, I think I added a bit too much water to the soap as it lacked residual slickness and was a bit too aerated. I'm putting it down to user error and still getting the hang of bowl lathering rather than face lathering. Hopefully better next time I have a crack at it.

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Bengall Straight - "The Broken Hill Bengall", circa 1914-1921 vintage
Brush: Badger
Soap: B+M Latha Original

Latha has always gone on smoothly, but it does absorb some of the water that is applied, so it does run a risk of being a little thick on the brush (which is left soaking in hot water in the basin, while I shower). A couple of extra drops solves this issue, and a nice smooth lather is the result.
Two passes, WTG and ATG... no blood for something different - the Bengall was in a good mood tonight - and no burning sensation from the aftershave.

Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (5)
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (3)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre shaving soap
Aftershave: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre splash
Fragrance: Australian Private Reserve (APR) les généraux du grand livre EDP

Trying diligently to get another entry in the finished sticky thread!

9c10db748c.png

Brush: Plissonese
Soap: Abbate y La Mantia Issaco
Razor: Blacklands OC Blackbird razor
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum

Lovely weekend relaxing and working on the family farm. Nailing shit, working the plough, playing in the river. Though I miss the sleep ins, first morning noisy crows woke us up, next wild dogs so out in my thong and boxers shooting at the bastards (we both missed) and today children jumping all over us. Five day growth was getting to me and after a day of heat and dust it was time.

SOTD from yesterday evening, travel setup, fantastic post feel, slick but could be slicker, groap soap so loads instantly. Scent is lovely and soft. But overpowered by the bush smells wafting through the door. Gents Gin is lovely and convenient for travelling.

Happy Easter, think the dogs chased him away ;)

117cphz.jpg

Rockwell R6 plate 4 w/ Polsilver
Semouge 830
B&M Reserve Spice
TSW after balm
Old spice classic aftershave

Step up to the number 4 plate on the R6. Was just as smooth as plate 3 but a bit closer. Loving this razor!

I think the brush still has a way to go to be broken in. It feels like it eats the lather. I'll keep lathering it up every night and letting it dry.

You can really feel the difference between this aftershave and the APR aftershaves. The APRs leave your face feeling smooth and hydrated. This one leaves my feeling a little dry.

Semogue 1305,
Haslinger-Ringelblumen,
Bengall,
Witch Hazel,
Nivea,
Viet Citrus

Smooth shave with the Bengall today.The Haslinger soap is a bit slicker than the MWF but have only used it twice so I anticipate that once I get it dialled in it will be a ripper.Bit of inattention just under the nose and resultant small slice but no real issue.I have mentioned a word before with straights.Carefully.
Sometimes one still slips and pays for it with blood,not the first time and can say with no doubt that it won't be the last.

Progress w/Polsilver
EJ silvertip fibre 23mm V1
La Saponeria Artigiana - Coconut soap
Anherb balm

Splendid shave! Love, love, love the progress! And the Polsilver never let's me down.

The soap smells of sweet coconut but not in a sickly or suntan lotion way. It's fairly natural and I can actually pick-up the fairly real coconut scent.

It's a soft cella-like soap but vegetal. It doesn't irritate my skin at all either.

The brush is the old V1 silvertip fibre and it's one of my all time favorites!!

Status
Not open for further replies.