Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
BBS SOTN
W 2C (3) Incredible Razor
Gillette Gillette Stainless Steel
I Coniali
Proraso Green Pre Shave Cream
Mondial Bore (I got it might as well use it even if I'm not that keen on it)
Black Floid (Just the best)

Also a note to @SpeedyPC I heard a whisper from a certain Gillette Fat Boy 58 D4 that he was very upset with him, he has been left on the rack just hanging and been forgotten lololol
K0hmmbe.jpg
As long as the Gillette Fat Boy 58 D4 is well oiled and been looked after hanging the rack he doesn't mind having a very long restful quiet sleep and he won't be forgotten.

Date: 16 April 2018

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Palmolive Classic (european version 3 shave sticks grated into a 150 ml plastic tub)
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #6
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / Lucky Tiger Aftershave & Face Tonic
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

KFF0JD9h.jpg

Soap: Pb French Green Garden
Brush: Epsilon Horse
Razor: TI Bijou de France
AS: APR Alfredus Choice
Got the lather to where I wanted it this morning. I had very high expectations for this soap as I had combined features in the base that worked well in other soaps. It was very nice to use but not quite the revelationary experience I thought it would be.:) The camphor note in the lavandin gave an almost mild menthol feel. The scent was very fresh with plenty of lime coming through with some citrus. I thought it paired well with Alfredus Choice this morning. I think I will enjoy using this soap but was using The Green Mac as a direct comparison for slickness which turned out not that helpful as they are very different beasts. But that's part of the fun in this game, there's such a broad range of experiences to be had in shaving soaps, who would've thought.
I gave a soap sample to a mate yesterday who gives no time or thought to his shower shave w/ a cart routine. It may be too late for him to be turned. We shall see.:sneaky:

KFF0JD9h.jpg

Soap: Pb French Green Garden
Brush: Epsilon Horse
Razor: TI Bijou de France
AS: APR Alfredus Choice
Got the lather to where I wanted it this morning. I had very high expectations for this soap as I had combined features in the base that worked well in other soaps. It was very nice to use but not quite the revelationary experience I thought it would be.:) The camphor note in the lavandin gave an almost mild menthol feel. The scent was very fresh with plenty of lime coming through with some citrus. I thought it paired well with Alfredus Choice this morning. I think I will enjoy using this soap but was using The Green Mac as a direct comparison for slickness which turned out not that helpful as they are very different beasts. But that's part of the fun in this game, there's such a broad range of experiences to be had in shaving soaps, who would've thought.
I gave a soap sample to a mate yesterday who gives no time or thought to his shower shave w/ a cart routine. It may be too late for him to be turned. We shall see.:sneaky:
How do you find the TI? Is it the one that had issues?

Progress XL w/Polsilver (5)
Razorock Bruce synth
SV Dolomiti
Anherb balm

I just adore the scent of dolomiti !!!
SV has to be the easiest loading soap I have ever used. A few swirls on the puck and I get tons of rich lather!

How do you find the TI? Is it the one that had issues?
It’s a beautiful razor. Yes it had issues but not major ones, they were easily resolved with honing. I honed with tape first to preserve the spine but the bevel is a little thin so next honing will be without tape. The steel was very nice to hone, it was very satisfying watching the bevel develop/polish. It feels nice in the hand to shave and performs well. Bit like your Fili, doesn’t blow my other razors away, well not my better ones, but it’s definitely up there.

12f91fe5b6.png

Brush: Omega 49 boar
Soap: Talbot Shaving Iliahi Ridge
Razor: Paradigm 17-4
Blade: Bic (6)
A/S: B&M Adumbrare sample

Lovely shave with a thick rich and somewhat slick lather. Best sandalwood scent I've ever used, so far.
Warming, creamy and a light tart sweetness. Very well done.
Paradigm 17-4 sang its very efficient song.
B&M Adumbrare has a base note of sandalwood though the citrus tops are way more overbearing so not a match for me with the soap. But frankly who cares. I smell great and have a face that feels lovely, if I do say myself.

*Edit the new photo light box is going well too :sneaky:
What a beautiful razor....Exquisite

VLOOTCJl.jpg

Semogue 1800, MWF, Mingshi, Polsilver, Witch Hazel, Viet Cheap'n'Smelly
Something different for a Monday.Started with the Bengall but something didn't feel right so I grabbed the clone set on 6 for first pass WTG then finished with second pass on 3 XTG on cheeks and chin.Setting 6 is a bit aggressive but a steady hand gives a great result.I don't know what happened with the Bengall,just felt a bit "grabby" and only did one stroke on cheek and will have a look at it tomorrow to sort it.Pretty happy with the Mingshi,for a razor under $14 delivered it does a bloody good job.

27351329078_a76931d29a_c.jpg
Razor: Colonial The General SE
Blade: Kai Mild
Brush: Maseto badger 26mm
Lather: APR General Ledger
Fragrance: YSL Y Pour Homme

I got the Colonial from the forum's B&E quite recently. I've been curious for a while now on how it would perform. The General is much lighter than I thought it would be, but it didn't affect the shave that much. Once I figured out the angles, the result was quite good. It will not become one of my regulars, but it's fun to use once in a while. I think already have more than what I imagined I'd have when I started less than a year ago :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
27351330908_f6f58b8b94_c.jpg
What a fantastic collection....Well done....

3utga32l.jpg

April 16, 2018 - Monday

Prep: Shower, Stirling Sandpiper
Brush: Majesto Shaving - 30mm Silvertip Fan
Razor: Antique Bronze Wolfman WR1-DC(0.74) on WRH-2
Blade: Astra SP (4)
Lather: Chatillon Lux/Declaration Grooming - Fourth & Pine - Soap
Post Shave: Chatillon Lux - Fourth & Pine - Aftershave

Great citrus shave today. Finally starting to feel like a normal person after this head cold started up last week. Had requested off Thursday & Friday to get some of our bathroom finished up and could barely work on it due to the sickness. Still coughing and have a stuffy nose but getting there. Now back to the work grind.

Saturday night shave;
Rockwell 6S R3 w/ Gillette 7 o'clock
Semouge 830
B&M Reserve Fern Soap
AP Reserve General Ledger Splash and EdP

This mornings SOTD

mcbyoo.jpg

Rockwell 6S w/ Vokshod on R4
Semouge 830
B&M Leviathan soap and splash

Been all over the place last with days so missed posting saturdays.

Today's very smooth and this scent is awesome.

1. Preshave: Shiner Gold
  2. Blade:Astra Superior Platinum
  3. Razor: ATT S2, colossus handle
  4. Soap:B&M First Snow
  5. Brush:Sam and Son 30mm Silvertip
  6. Postshave: Razorock evil eye wax
  7. Earworm: I Will Remember You, Kenny Rogers
Love this razor and the soap really worked for me this morning, got an excellent 3 pass shave with lather still left on the brush.

Status
Not open for further replies.