Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
5qsJzZDh.jpg

Soap: Pb French Green Garden
Brush: Shavemac Badger
Razor: Asylum Rx
Blade: Feather Pro (2)
Enjoying using this soap, the scent scenery changes. Today I was picking up more orange citrus but later the earthy lavender, camphor notes. I love using the Asylum occasionally but not as daily driver unless I stuck to one pass.

Progress XL w/Polsilver
EJ silvertip fibre V1 21mm
Tiki - Kon Tiki soap
Anherb balm

Fantastic lather from the tiki soap! Truly wonderful soap with a pleasant subtle scent.

The EJ brush is my smallest synthetic but it's so awesome!

Last edited:
itENTlEl.jpg

Semogue 1305, Proraso, Bengall, Witch Hazel, Nivea, VCS, Oud Attar
Gave the blade a good strop and worked fine.Whipped up a nice creamy slick lather with the Proraso and two passes for a standard smooth straight result.Bloodless too by the way and zero irritation,even on the chin.

IMAG0082.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Charcoal basic SB head & RR SS handle
Blade: Personna Blue (4)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Pre: Shower
Soap: Shaver Heaven Habba Habb

A fantastic 3 pass shave resulting in a near BBS finish (missed a bit under the nose). Love the grape bubblegum scent from the soap and performance wise it's a winner :) Loaded up the larger knot and whipped up some creamy lather in under 30 seconds which was great! Very smooth and efficient from the Charcoal razor head and the blade is quickly becoming one of my favourites. Finished off with the delightful balm and I'm ready to go to work a happy chappy (y) Goodnight P&C community and happy shaves!!!

IMG_20180417_165850-01.jpg

A booty call collection if ever there was one. Lol. No, I'm just trying out new gear. The Nacet blades are excellent in the R41 but I'm still preferring the white Gillette Stainless for perfection. The Local Gent Blackmoor was an impulse discounted buy from Maggards to pad out my Roam purchase. Great performing soap that suggested blooming which I did. Very good indeed. I like the sweetish, woody scent but it's a 2 rather than a 5 out of the tub in strength which is probably why it was discounted. No idea why the whole horror woods styling on the label except for a tenuous Holloween tie-in. I don't find it a dark scent at all myself... Valobra is more a Holloween scent!!

Being such a gentle scent meant any post combo was possible so went for my new Reef Point Submariner AS which is a sweetish tonka bean and patchouli love-in scent too. This I liked a lot and it made be think of Versace Eros as the EdT to finish.

I'm lickable right now. This is a lady friendly shave indeed.

Last edited:
7wavHRX.jpg

Pre: Nil
Soap: Abi & Grace - VPS
Brush: M&F XL2 Finest
Razor: Parker 567

Shaving is almost a luxury these days. So busy I go days between shaves. It's always very therapeutic when I have lot of growth to see it fall off leaving me clean and smooth. Today was just one of those shave with 4 days growth after working bulk hours on the weekend. I took the opportunity to test drive the tweaked formula (plus plus post shave!) and scent. Full marks all around. My daughter went to the bathroom after my shave and came out asking "what smells so nice". :)

7wavHRX.jpg

Pre: Nil
Soap: Abi & Grace - VPS
Brush: M&F XL2 Finest
Razor: Parker 567

Shaving is almost a luxury these days. So busy I go days between shaves. It's always very therapeutic when I have lot of growth to see it fall off leaving me clean and smooth. Today was just one of those shave with 4 days growth after working bulk hours on the weekend. I took the opportunity to test drive the tweaked formula (plus plus post shave!) and scent. Full marks all around. My daughter went to the bathroom after my shave and came out asking "what smells so nice". :)

So pleased you went with the VPS suggestion. And great to hear that scent strength is that good. I was thinking that 2 of my order would be presents but now... they’ll all be mine!

IMG_20180417_165850-01.jpg

A booty call collection if ever there was one. Lol. No, I'm just trying out new gear. The Nacet blades are excellent in the R41 but I'm still preferring the white Gillette Stainless for perfection. The Local Gent Blackmoor was an impulse discounted buy from Maggards to pad out my Roam purchase. Great performing soap that suggested blooming which I did. Very good indeed. I like the sweetish, woody scent but it's a 2 rather than a 5 out of the tub in strength which is probably why it was discounted. No idea why the whole horror woods styling on the label except for a tenuous Holloween tie-in. I don't find it a dark scent at all myself... Valobra is more a Holloween scent!!

Being such a gentle scent meant any post combo was possible so went for my new Reef Point Submariner AS which is a sweetish tonka bean and patchouli love-in scent too. This I liked a lot and it made be think of Versace Eros as the EdT to finish.

I'm lickable right now. This is a lady friendly shave indeed.
Like the handle on the R41....Brilliant

I'm with you on that - love Leviathan.

I wish I picked up the EdT! So far it and apr winterfall are my top cold day scents, unfortunately I can't wear winterfall to work because the guy in the desk next to me starts sneezing and complaining about a "dusty" smell lol. That's just from the aftershave

Razor: Charcoal basic SB

Would you say these razors give and aggressive or mild shave? I was looking at them yesterday, I love the vintage bronze look. So steam punk!

I wish I picked up the EdT! So far it and apr winterfall are my top cold day scents, unfortunately I can't wear winterfall to work because the guy in the desk next to me starts sneezing and complaining about a "dusty" smell lol. That's just from the aftershave

Would you say these razors give and aggressive or mild shave? I was looking at them yesterday, I love the vintage bronze look. So steam punk!

APR splashes last for a long time. My best suggestion is to have in the next desks women, as I do have. Then the complaining will be automatically transformed into compliments :D
You should talk about it with your boss, as I did :ROFLMAO:. In my galley, of 12 desks, only three are males (one is me, and other is just in the far place from my desk, my boss). I am sure he would try to annoy me if sitting closer, but then I would annoy him back :whistle: :p

APR splashes last for a long time. My best suggestion is to have in the next desks women, as I do have. Then the complaining will be automatically transformed into compliments :D
You should talk about it with your boss, as I did :ROFLMAO:. In my galley, of 12 desks, only three are males (one is me, and other is just in the far place from my desk, my boss). I am sure he would try to annoy me if sitting closer, but then I would annoy him back :whistle: :p

Haha:ROFLMAO:
I work in an engineering office, your galley of 12 desks has more females then my entire office lol

Haha:ROFLMAO:
I work in an engineering office, your galley of 12 desks has more females then my entire office lol
I do work in quantitative science (3 black screens on a row with colored text that needs to be compiled or executed hahahaha). But still, there are so many 'hens' wanting to work with whales, seals etc, that they almost outnumber us.... so at the end I am the handy man that told them how to do something, and also I do most of the fieldwork, I can show them my pictures with seals or in Antarctica etc.... so I am well cared by the 'hens' too hahaha

qw4ey3kl.jpg

April 17, 2018

Prep: Shower, Stirling Sandpiper
Brush: Dogwood Handcrafts Custom "Disco Pheehive" - 28mm Timberwolf Knot
Razor: Razorock German 37 Slant on Maggard Blue MR-16
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts - Nekromantik - Soap (Vegan)
Post Shave: Chatillon Lux - Pure Lavender - Aftershave

Great shave this morning.

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Alt Innsbruck Emulsion
Brush: Tony Forsyth P&C LE 2017 Platypus
Soap: Declaration Grooming Trimegistus
Razor: UFO Goliath / ATT SE1
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (1)
Scent: Terre D'Hermes EDT

Don't think I will bloom the Declaration soap in the jar again - it is quite soft, and hence went a bit mushy. Nothing that a quick bit of lathering in the Little Wren bowl couldn't fix. This soap is thirsty and very, very slick. Three passes for a DFS+ shave, and a very nice post-shave feel. The scent of the soap is very similar to Terre D'Hermes, making the scent choice obvious.

I work with men and women. I don’t care what any of them think.​

Do not misunderstand, it's not that the guy just does not like the smell, it actually sends him into a bit of a hay fever spin. Sniffing, sneezing and blowing his nose. It would be a bit of a dick move to pretend to not know what was going on and continue to wear it every day.

Status
Not open for further replies.