Shave of the Day Thread - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new soaps arrived the other day and I decided to try the Lemon Myrtle and boy am I glad as the scent is truly wonderful. By noways is it too sweet or 'artificial', just simple and wonderful :) Performance wise the soap lathers well with all the characteristic's expected; slickness, cushioning and great after feel. Only issue I had and really 'first world' problem was the fact it was a tad loose in the tub (original puck size) which made loading a challenge but I'm not complaining as I'm certain things will improve as @Sxot grows his business! Love the ease of the DOC and the blade is a solid performer so happy shave for me :ROFLMAO: Have a great day guys.

Hey @Razor Burn, thanks for the feedback. Just thought you might be interested to know I only use 100% essential oils (unless indicated, eg VPS) so nothing, in any ingredient is artificial.

As to the puck, I sell the soap as a refill which, for the easy of packing I pop into the tub (if you order one). The idea is you push the puck down into the tub when you receive it, squash it in with your thumbs so the it fills the container width. You will find it quite soft and this is easy to do. I could sell my soap in the tub like you are used to (as I have done in the past when wholesaling) but I prefer to sell as refill which keeps the price down and allows folks to re-use an container, or one to their liking. Hope that helps. :) Thanks.

Hey @Razor Burn, thanks for the feedback. Just thought you might be interested to know I only use 100% essential oils (unless indicated, eg VPS) so nothing, in any ingredient is artificial.

As to the puck, I sell the soap as a refill which, for the easy of packing I pop into the tub (if you order one). The idea is you push the puck down into the tub when you receive it, squash it in with your thumbs so the it fills the container width. You will find it quite soft and this is easy to do. I could sell my soap in the tub like you are used to (as I have done in the past when wholesaling) but I prefer to sell as refill which keeps the price down and allows folks to re-use an container, or one to their liking. Hope that helps. :) Thanks.
Ignore my ignorance @Sxot as I have correctly been told to push the soap down by others in this fine community. Keep up the great work as the soap really is nice and the scent profile's are unique and quite pleasant. I'd love to see a 'menthol, eucalyptus + mint soap' in the future but that's just a suggestion :cool: Cheers

I have the Tea scented soap and it's a really pleasant scent, I would be happy for you to give mine a try so you can see what you think as it does take a couple of tries to get the lather nice

vEix5V8l.jpg

Brush: Vulfix 403 Mixed
Razor: EJ 89
Blade: English Wilky
Soap: Williams
A/S: Pashana

I'll have to take you up on that mate as I'm interested to see what difference there is between the normal scent, as opposed to Tea, Herbs or unscented :wideyed: Certainly something I'd like to add to my shaving den.

I've been looking at trying Tabula Rasa since @mark123abc0 mentioned it at the last CBR Meet Up so how do you rate the herbs profile? I hear the soap is unique in it's consistency but am slightly undecided as to which variety to try...? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated :)
Hey @Razor Burn : The Tabula Rasa is super moisturising - so much so that I find it a little greasy to use in summer, but perfect for winter when my skin dries out. The "herbs" profile is pleasant but I wouldn't buy it for the scent. Its got coriander, rosemary and lavender I think. My tub is almost finished, so will be probably looking at trying one of the other types. I think @TomG is a fan of Tabula Rasa also :)

DSCN0193.jpg

Brush: Yaqi 30mm
Razor: Merkur 34C HD
Blade: Gillette Silver Blue (4)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering Bowl
Soap: A&G Soapworks VP&S
Pre: Shower

Pure shaving delight! Don't let this scent combo decieve you as it smells mild at first but once you start lathering you're overwhelmed with an explosion of wonderful aroma's that will leave you with a pleasant smile & a bathroom that smells devine! :singing: A simple 3 pass BBS SOTN with my 34C and I can go to sleep a very happy man... Have a great Friday guys :happy:

Hey @Razor Burn : The Tabula Rasa is super moisturising - so much so that I find it a little greasy to use in summer, but perfect for winter when my skin dries out. The "herbs" profile is pleasant but I wouldn't buy it for the scent. Its got coriander, rosemary and lavender I think. My tub is almost finished, so will be probably looking at trying one of the other types. I think @TomG is a fan of Tabula Rasa also :)
Thanks for the update @ Snooze! I was hoping it was more spicy ala cinnamon and the like but might try the normal scent until I land a try of the Tea scent from @ Mark123abc0 :)

You bet @Snooze! Very much agree on the moisturising - it has a wonderful post-shave. I have both Steampunk and Cardamon soaps. The scents for Tabula Rasa come from Berliner Erik Kormann, and are daring and cutting edge. I have several of his EdT's. He has a deft touch in blending the old and the new, with the balance leaning to the latter. Great stuff. A word of advice if you pick up some of this soap. It is a croap, but closer to a cream than a soap, so bear this in mind when you load.

You bet @Snooze! Very much agree on the moisturising - it has a wonderful post-shave. I have both Steampunk and Cardamon soaps. The scents for Tabula Rasa come from Berliner Erik Kormann, and are daring and cutting edge. I have several of his EdT's. He has a deft touch in blending the old and the new, with the balance leaning to the latter. Great stuff. A word of advice if you pick up some of this soap. It is a croap, but closer to a cream than a soap, so bear this in mind when you load.
Thanks @ TomG - You guys have convinced me to get a tub as I've been intrigued for a while now. Might pop into my local Mensbiz over the weekend... :)

Razor: Vintage Gillette British NEW head on a Weber classic handle
Blade: Vintage Gillette 'Aussie Spoiler' (5)
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson
Soap/Cream: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire shaving soap
Aftershave: The Stray Whisker (TSW) After Balm balm
Fragrance: Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne

Great way to end the working week

BCqy1nmh.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb Max II
Brush: 26mm TF Kryptonite/Burl Badger/Boar
Razor: Jowika
AS: Pb Max
The Maggard Badger/Boar knot is still a little stinky and still shedding a little. Hopefully both those issues will resolve soon. Other than that, a fine shave.

qQsGkBLl.jpg

Semogue Boar, Proraso Red, Bengall, Witch Hazel, Nivea, Viet Citrus/Musk, Oud Attar
Beautiful day here with a crisp start.The Bengall performed well for a very nice two passes,felt good with the Proraso today as I prefer that soap for DE or shavette use.Not much of a residue with it and it tends to dry so I find that if I use it wetter than my other soaps it gives a better glide.
Things to do and big night at training tonight,presenting twenty kids with certificates from their recent grading,most of them their first.
Enjoy your Friday gents.

qQsGkBLl.jpg

Semogue Boar, Proraso Red, Bengall, Witch Hazel, Nivea, Viet Citrus/Musk, Oud Attar
Beautiful day here with a crisp start.The Bengall performed well for a very nice two passes,felt good with the Proraso today as I prefer that soap for DE or shavette use.Not much of a residue with it and it tends to dry so I find that if I use it wetter than my other soaps it gives a better glide.
Things to do and big night at training tonight,presenting twenty kids with certificates from their recent grading,most of them their first.
Enjoy your Friday gents.

I'm no straight razor user but have to say that pic of the SOTD is just fantastic I'm sipping a cuppa tea and enjoying the view beyond awesome setting & Brush

Status
Not open for further replies.