SOTN 11/07/2018
IMAG0175.jpg

Brush: PAA Green Ray
Razor: Charcoal Goods basic SB + RR Halo handle
Blade: Polsilver (2)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Pre: warm water
Soap: Araina & Evans Asian Plum

A thoroughly enjoyable BBS shave with the new soap. Love the slickness, cushioning, post shave feel and devine scent profile - mmm vanilla, coffee and plums. Happy shaves guys! :)

Brush - Razorock Big Bruce
Soap - B&M Reserve Cool sample
Razor - Rockwell 6s (4)
Blade - Voskhod (5)
Aftershave - AP Reserve Skye Fall

Very nice shave today with a pretty good lather. Loaded same as before but with a slightly more damp brush.
I think this is the most shaves from the same Voskhod blade I’ve had and while very comfortable to use, I think I’ve had closer shaves. Maybe 5 is too much for this blade?

As others have said and will continue to:

Mmmmm Skye Fall....

Pre: Warm water, Crew oil
Razor: Rockwell 6S (4)
Blade: Gillette Sliver Blue (2)
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk1
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: APR Skye Fall

UfdraLG.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2)
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Fantastic shave with the Rex on 2, a fresh Ladas blade and some stellar Stirling lather whipped up by this wonderful brush - cannot ask for more.

I hope you all have a terrific Thursday (y)

UfdraLG.jpg

Pre-Shave: SebaMed, cold water
Razor: Rex Ambassador (2)
Blade: Ladas (1)
Brush: Tony Forsyth Platypus Prototype Bob Quinn Manchurian
Lather: Stirling Bay Rum
Post-Shave: Alum, Thayers Original Alcohol Free Witch Hazel, South Australian Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil​

Fantastic shave with the Rex on 2, a fresh Ladas blade and some stellar Stirling lather whipped up by this wonderful brush - cannot ask for more.

I hope you all have a terrific Thursday (y)
You’ve convinced me. I’m getting a Rex!

SOTN 12/07/2018
Brush: Omega 22mm
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Polsilver (32)
Scuttle/Bowl/Mug: Fine Lathering bowl
Pre: Shower + PAA Cube
Soap: Fine's Snake Bite

A double whammy of menthol and man am I feeling it tonight :cool: My eye's were burning from this lethal soap but all worth it for a creamy, smooth DFS with the slant. Happy shaves! :sleep:

Great shave with my 6/8" Tanifuji. Smooth and sharp.
Brush tonight was my gigantic Turkish barber's brush and my soap. Great lather but I have to admit I'm getting bored with this one so will make a new one on the weekend.
Post shave was the Macadamia nut oil with Lemon Myrtle.

And .. my beer is ready to go across to the keg so all seems fine.

Steve

My last two shaves :)

Pre: Hot water
razor: SSSeygus extrem 2016 oc
blade: Astra green
brush: Yaqi sagrada familia
soap: Eufros cronos
splash: B&M Reserve classic

71rUYaI.jpg

Pre: Hot water
razor: SSSeygus extrem 2016 oc
blade: Astra green
brush: Yaqi sagrada familia
soap: MdC Agrumes
splash: APR Suitably attired australian

BJhl8Qj.jpg

pretty good ones

cRXsqDfl.jpg

Good shave with this soap, razor and a Gillette Black blade. Normally I ride the cap quite a bit particularly on my neck, but today I tried to keep a normal angle and no buffing. Turned out ok but a small area just to the right of the jugular is a tad prickly. No one else would notice though.

All the usual gear this morning. Got the last shave out of reserve cool sample and still cant get along with the scent at all.im also not over impressed with the soap base. It can give a good shave but is overly fussy and takes to long to work the lather up. There are just so many other soaps on the market that work better and easier so I dont think I'll be buying a tub of any of the reserve soaps.out of all the ones I got fern is the only one I enjoyed scent wise and I hear someone local makes a good version of that in a terrific base.

060EA069-4E81-4371-AECF-621B4CC6BF29_zpsvserku44.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Pb Mirrors & Smoke
Brush: Vie Long Horse/Badger
Razor: TI Flower Pattern
Was on a Bay Rum run but had to interrupt the program with this. Packed a sample of Mirrors & Smoke for a mate yesterday and thought 'yep, that's on the menu for tomorrow', and I wasn't sorry..... fine shave.

Semogue boar,
Mitchell's Wool Fat,
Parker 34R,
Polsilver,
Witch Hazel,
Nivea,
Jovan Musk

Great lather with the Wool Fat,I always like the way the lanolin leaves my face feeling afterwards.Very smooth two passes and blood free.
Enjoy the weekend guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.