Status
Not open for further replies.
f14ff8bf75.png

Plissonese Shaving brush
Australian Private Reserve General Ledger soap
Gillette Starburst (K1 Champagne) razor
Perma-Sharp Super (3)
Pinaud Clubman Musk Aftershave​

Because I can :) shave with what I want.
Lovely two pass DFS with light buff. Half hearted shave with a surprisingly efficient Gillette. Added length and weight was a nice change.
Oh I hate their TTO blade tab play and length.

Enjoy the weekend!
Great photo, Rusty! :D

f14ff8bf75.png

Plissonese Shaving brush
Perma-Sharp Super (3)

Lovely two pass DFS with light buff. Half hearted shave with a surprisingly efficient Gillette. Added length and weight was a nice change.

Enjoy the weekend!
That's fantastic!

f14ff8bf75.png

Plissonese Shaving brush
Perma-Sharp Super (3)

Enjoy the weekend!
@RustyBlade playing with barbie dolls wet shaving again :D:p

f14ff8bf75.png

Plissonese Shaving brush
Perma-Sharp Super (3)

Enjoy the weekend!

Great photo, Rusty! :D

That's fantastic!

Yeah yeah, lovely photo but really, no ones concerned here?! We gotcha back @RustyBlade and shall continue to monitor. ‘Muttering ...... Barbie, really! Why didn’t I think of that. OK, Big Teds coming out for an SOTD tomorrow!’

It just gets better by the shave.
Hot towel for 2-3 minutes
Massage in a very small amount of my new pre-shave balm
Boar brush of course and one of my soap iterations. With such a small amount of balm there is no reduction in lather.

Invicta 6/8 nearly full hollow honed and finished with a 12k Naniwa and refined further with a Surgical Black Arkansas. This is a truly fantastic finishing regimen combing the feather laser like characteristic of the Naniwa with the buttery glide of the refined Arkansas edge. Super sharp and super smooth.

If anyone would like info on the preparation of Arkansas stones let me know.

I could easily claim BBS from 1 pass with cleanups but not wishing to be hauled before the shave police I will self moderate and claim a stellar DFS+++++ :)

Enjoy the weekend guys.

Steve

SOTD 06/08/2018

Brush: TSW 452 synth
Razor: Gillette New Long Open Comb
Blade: Nacet (1)
Soap: APR Fenchurch
A/S: APR Fenchurch

After all the discussion last week with @Pbgoose and @Blackie, I decided to pull out the Gillette New Long OC.
This is such a classy razor. Super well built. Very confident.
I got a super close shave and nothing (NOTHING!) mows through stubble like a NEW.
But, I'm sticking to my guns and maintaining that this is probably my most aggressive razor... It's the only razor I regularly nick myself with. Perhaps it's time to a less sharp blade? I dunno.
Love this razor. But I still haven't been able to totally tame it.
K6emzzcl.jpg

Why the Lego man? My 4yo is Lego obsessed. So, every night is Lego night in my house.

I'm getting weird issues with my images. It gives me even greater respect for all the other gents posting SOTDs.

Pre: Hot water
machine: Weber/UFO
blade: Polsilver Super iridium
brush: Semogue 2000 boar
soap: Squadron Soaps "The Warden"
splash: Australian Private Reserve "Idoru"

d0I3jjd.jpg

I reckon this two Aussie products will be seen together more often. They are becoming good friends :). I have no scent to compliment Idoru, but the good thing is that it last quite a lot so I don't need cologne/EdP

Timeless 0.95mm solid bar stainless head, iKon Bulldog II, Astra Superior Platinum
Mühle 35K256 XL Silvertip Fibre V2.0
Barrister & Mann Lavender Reserve
Epsilon Blue Mediterranean
Room temp. water spray, then towel dry

5FrzIwc.jpg

The stainless steel / smooth finish / solid bar 0.95mm Timeless arrived yesterday and feels a bit more aggressive than expected. Paired it with the iKon handle today (total 111.40gr.) so as to reduce the 3-piece set weight. Head originally came with two Timeless 100mm long handles.

In addition, the razor feels slightly less smooth than my Ti 0.95mm dual comb. Not that we were expecting it to be like the Ti version, however first impression falls slightly short of justifying expectations.

I am waiting on a beautiful Stork Ti handle which may weight-wise transform this set to what will suit my preferences. Will then give it some more shaves just to be certain.

flhLI6Ll.jpg

Pre: Pb Pre Shave Emulsion
Soap: Meissner Tremonia Moroccan Rhassoul
Brush: 26mm TF KBBB
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blade: Feather (4 and out)
No show from Big Ted. Negotiations broke down with Big Ted's Manager,..something about not wanting to look like a hairless cat....

ZCWE2Z2l.jpg

Semogue Boar, Mitchells Wool Fat, Bengall, Witch Hazel, Viet Cheap'n'smelly
A lovely shave on a mild morning.I bloomed the MWF for a few minutes,quickly loaded the brush and used that as a pre lather,then loaded for around a minute and worked the soap in the bowl,adding small amounts of water, for five minutes.Ended with a full and shiny foam that was pleasurable to shave with.I prefer to face lather first,then work the bowl but today wanted something different and enjoyed it but won't be making a habit of it.

"SV Satdee"
Rockwell chrome R5 w/Polsilver
WSP Silvertip
SV Dolomiti
Anherb balm

Absolutely cracking Satdee shave!

This brush is untreated/bleached and has softened up to be incredibly plush, without having that disgusting "gel tip" feel !!
The face feel is phenomenal. It's dense but has a beautiful splay that envelopes my face as I lather.

Dolomiti is my #1 soap scent of all time!! Just Brilliant!!

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F / Brad Forbes Finest Badger
Soap: Saponificio Varesino Manna Di Sicilia
Razor: Merkur Futur (2)
Blade: Vintage NOS Personna Super Platinum Chrome (6)
Scent: Chatillon Lux Santal Auster

Very comfortable 3 pass shave. The Manna Di Sicilia scent is delightful. I am really warming to the design of this M&F brush. The loft is slightly shorter than I am used to, which provides additional backbone to the 26mm badger knot. This makes it particularly effective when loading from triple milled soaps such as SV. The tips are very soft, and hence face lathering and painting are a pleasure.

uNKCgdYl.jpg

Relaxing Sat shave. Wouldn't want to rush a shave with the Dart, but when you take your time and make sure you have the correct angle of attack, delivers a comfortable close shave. I'm finding a much steeper angle better so far (handle parallel to face).

Status
Not open for further replies.