Shave of the Day Thread - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Thater boar brush @Tony Forsyth P&C LE Platypus brush
Soap/Cream: APR Lightning Ridge shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette NEW head on TSW Bren Handle
Blade: Gillette "Wilkinson Sword" blade (3)
Post-shave: APR Lightning Ridge splash
Fragrance: APR Lightning Ridge EDP

Had to use an APR today given that the AP Reserve Old School Sale is on today!

Even managed to pick one which is on sale :)

Have a good weekend guys!

Usbf6Kul.jpg

Date: 12 January 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Proraso Professional (Omega) Boar 28/55mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Stirling ~ Lime
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Karve CB 'E' / Vintage NOS England Wilkinson Sword #12
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- L'Eau Bleue D'issey Pour Homme

Soap/Cream: APR Skye Fall shaving soap
Blade: Gillette "Wilkinson Sword" blade (2)
Post-shave: APR Skye Fall splash
Fragrance: APR Skye Fall EDT

Second shave better than first with this blade

MZUkGEu.jpg

Very definitely made in China - but for the Indian market -

8mquRqj.jpg
Thanks for the clarification @Mark1966 :)

s5c001Nl.jpg

Oud Soap
Antica Barbieria Colla Boar
PILS - Feather
Acqua Di Parma CB Balm
Xerjoff Oud Stars Ceylon Parfum

I don’t usually like talking about perfume because, well, I’m not very good at it and the experience is so personal anyway. I’m pretty poor at verbalising what I’m smelling and feeling. I’ve opened my mouth and let my belly rumble a little about one of favs...

Its no secret my personal scent preferences are ensconced, although not entirely exclusively, in the rich and warmer oriental woody genre. Beautiful ambers, rich and creamy sandalwood and vanilla, earthy moss and deep leathers, and lets not forget the esoteric oud.
Fortunately, the seasonal effective disorder inducing climate of Northern England (winters coming), is favourable to wearing these fragrances for pretty much most months of the year.
Ceylon, now Sri Lanka, or the Teardrop Of India for the more poetic, is the inspiration and name for todays Parfum from probably my favourite house, Xerjoff, and also perfumer Christian Carbonnel.
Sitting in the Oud Stars Collection which are all inspired by Ibn Battuta, a Muslim scholar who spent most of his life travelling the Muslim world and beyond (cheers Wiki), Ceylon is the most expensive in this collection with a retail price of GBP £430, AUD $780 for a 50ml flacon.
You cant call a Parfum Ceylon and not have one of Sri Lankas biggest exports feature, tea. Tea, or Black tea, is pivotal in this composition for me, its big, bold. To my nose this opens with a beautifully sweet honey note with a lovely tart, bitter Calabrian bergamot with that robust Black tea. That sweetness is needed too as some bit hitters are here, pungent Malaysian oud and an amazing musk intertwine with warming vanilla and sandalwood forming this massive opulent enveloping bubble and thats what stays, for hours.

Enjoy your day

20190112-SOTD.jpg

Prep: Hot Towel and some oil
Brush: White plastic crap
Soap: Chinese Crap with menthol
Blade: never heard before Made in China
Razor: Shavette
Post-shave: some oil with cold towel

Absolute stellar shave with ultra BBS result - it shows that technique trumps everything - I hope you all have fantastic day (y)

20190112-SOTD.jpg

Absolute stellar shave with ultra BBS result - it shows that technique trumps everything - I hope you all have fantastic day (y)

What? No lather photo? ;)

Well done sir!

20190112-SOTD.jpg

An early contender for Post of the Year. Great work, Alfie!

Soap/Cream: APR General Ledger shaving soap
Blade: Gillette "Wilkinson Sword" blade (4)
Post-shave: APR General Ledger splash
Fragrance: APR General Ledger EDP

Why? Because I can!

oRrVKnSl.jpg

Brush:yaqi synth
Razor: aristocrat
Blade: vintage super stainless
Soap: arko grated in a tub
Splash: passione
Bit of a p+c current topics inspired shave with the arko and aristocrat.3 pass shave with no irritation but the mildness of the razor leaves some minor stubble under my neck that would cause problems if I persist in mowing it down.

20190112-SOTD.jpg

Wow! @alfredus you look very calm and relaxful in the chair, and also not scared shitless while he giving you a good shave (y)

9qF62Dfl.jpg

Soap: Pb Calendula/Chamomile
Brush: Semogue 1800
Razor: Gillette Aristrocrat
Blade: Vintage Permasharp SS (1) Nice blade. Looking forward to trying these in other razors.
Beautiful lather. Used left over lather as body wash in the shower. Don't need post shave after this lather. Though I might go looking for a splash.

Last edited:
r7sow3v.jpg

Valobra Pre Shave
M&F
Timeless
KAi
Santa Maria Novella

Beautiful opening on the 'Melograno' of Pomegranate, Orris and Ylang!

So classy - again!

We need to send you an emergency shipment of ARKO! so you come back to the pack ;)

So classy - again!

We need to send you an emergency shipment of ARKO! so you come back to the pack ;)
Mr @todras the master sleuth of scent won’t even consider touching the unrinal cake of Arko stick, unless you give him 200 vintage English Wilky or Gillette Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.