6B86fmK.jpg

M&F Sabini Polo
ATTR1 + TRiAD
Feather
AP Reserve Passione

Date: 06 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Rockwell 6C 'R6' / Vintage NOS Wizamet Polsilver Brown #8
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

I don't normally shave every single day, so why not for the whole month of February Summer Arko shave, I'm glad my skin is holding up for Arko just a tag dryer on my face for everyday shave which is no drama.

Arko shave stick seems fantastic for the whole summer season, so you don't have to worry too much about your skin drying out because we all start sweating again soon, Arko stick is fantastic when using only cold water because the lather explodes very quickly and very slick throughout the whole shave with a tip of water for each pass. I'm glad to have a whole of 12 Arko shave sticks suitable for Spring and Summer shaves, I'm not complaining about the smell of a very light lemon scent which is nowhere to a urinal cake smell.

Last edited:
Shower
Merkur 1904
Personna Lab blue (1)
ARKO!
Proraso brush
Re-lather and cold rinse

Not quite BBS today with a new blade. A little disappointing. No balm this time and there is still a very minor tingle / sensation I can't place - not as much as yesterday but still there. I remember getting a similar thing with Cella when I first used it but that has gone. Will have to keep trying the ARKO on consecutive days to see if it either goes away or gets worse. I agree it's a great summer soap otherwise and I do love the scent now that my stick has aged nicely...

... Arko shave stick seems fantastic ...
... Arko stick is fantastic ...
... the lather explodes very quickly and very slick throughout the whole shave ...
... I'm glad to have a whole of 12 Arko shave sticks ...

You the man!

...ARKO! ...
... it's a great summer soap ...
... I do love the scent ...

You continue to be the man!

I simply CANNOT believe that there is not more love for ARKO! considering the price and these ringing endorsements

KarveD w/Polsilver
Yaqi 30mm tuxedo
Mystic Water - Ginger Spice
Gaia ASB

What a cracking shave! I just love MW soap!

I bought the 30mm tuxedo as a novelty but it's incredibly practical. The handle doesn't know the meaning of ergonomic but face lathering with this monster knot is wonderful!! (It doesn't fit on my stand)

20190206-100015-01.jpg

Pre-shave - Shower and Proraso Red.
Brush - Mühle 35K252 synthetic.
Soap - ARKO !
Razor - Rockwell 6C, plate 4.
Blade - Feather. (6)
Post-shave - Geo F. Trumper, Sandalwood Skin food.
Fragrance - Hugo Boss, Number One.

This ARKO gives a very slick, cushioned lather, it really gives you very good bang for your buck
The smell is OK as well.

22 days to go with the Arko.

Pre: Hot towel, Crew oil
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum Double Edge
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Coolabah

image hosting service

February Slant/s SOTM
IMAG0374.jpg

My last 2 SOTD:

Brush: Omega 24mm
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)
Soap: RR xXx

Razor: Maggard Slant + RR Bamboo handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)

Better shave with the 37C but not by much... Happy shaves!

February Slant/s SOTM
IMAG0374.jpg

My last 2 SOTD:

Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (2)

Razor: Maggard Slant + RR Bamboo handle
Blade: Gillette Nacet (3)

Better shave with the 37C but not by much... Happy shaves!
Hang on, I see three slants?? :bookworm:

Merkur 37C very iconic slant razor. Apparently they retooled the moulds so not sure if it shaves any different.

Today's shave was long overdue although I have n excuse as I have been ill with Bronchitis and mostly lying on the sofa feeling sorry for myself and coughing hard. I had about 7 days growth so it is time AND a nice shave always makes you feel good no? So I set myself up as follows

Razor: Drew Dick 9/8” In Black Acrylic scales
Soap: Crows Nest Murky Waters
Bowl: Van Yulay blue resin
Pre-shape: Proraso White
Aftershave: Clinique Extreme moisturiser and St. Johns Bay Rum to follow

The shave was awesome - watch the video as it says more than I can ever write. Needless to say I ended up with a DFS and a great fragrance all round.

The one thing I do want to point out specifically is the soap: Crows Nest Murky Waters. This is a soap I picked up very luckily by being online and in a FB shave group at the very moment that the man that makes it started taking orders for a new batch. I think he said he had only 30 of each soap on hand and I snapped up two - Murky waters and Tortuga. That was more than a year ago and I have not seen a batch sold since - he does have a website - crowsnestshaving.com so you might try e-mailing the guy and urge him to start making again. The soap lather easily, is rich and stable. Just look at my pictures and in the video. The fragrance notes are:

“A situation or circumstance that is foreign, unclear, and unfamiliar and altogether dangerous as a result.

Swirling together in a dark pool are tones star anise, cinnamon, wood, and amber.”

It is a very simple combo but my oh my does it work. Spicy but not too much, woody, but not too much - it just works. I am after a Jack Daw soap too in order to complete my trio of Crows nest soaps and I emailed the guy yesterday - no answer yet!!!

Anyway dudes happy shaving - Steve.

Status
Not open for further replies.