Status
Not open for further replies.
68QKe1n.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F Brad Sears L7 Tigris Finest Badger
Soap: Acqua Di Parma
Razor: ATT SE1 / UFO Tornado
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (5)
Post: Thursday Plantation Tea Tree & Witch Hazel, CRSW Alcohol-Free American Barbershop Moisturising Aftershave
Scent: Acqua Di Parma Colonia

The ADP is one of my firmer croaps, so the backbone of the Tigris was perfect for both loading and lathering.
Top shelf performance - very comfortable three passes for a BBS result.

Happy birt
Birthday SOTD:

If you get a new razor you have to use it 😀

Rockwell 6s
Shark stainless
B&M Seville soap and splash
Yaqi Snow Leopard synth.

First shave with the brand new big boy razor Rockwell 6s = a 4 pass monster shave.

Wtg on base 1 to play it safe felt like there was no blade in the razor at all.

Kicked it up to base 3 and did a three pass shave for a DFS. At no point did I feel like I was overdoing the shave. Zero nicks or cuts. This razor just oozes reliability.

Coupled with the fantastic Seville resulted in the lowest irritation I've ever had for a 3 pass, let alone 4 pass shave.

Fantastic razor, the shaves are going to be stepped up a notch from here on.
Happy birthday

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: ARKO
Razor: Merkur 37c slant
Blade: Vintage NOS Rubie (8)
Post: The Stray Whisker Alum Block, Captains Choice Bay Rum

Second attempt with the Captains Choice Bay Rum aftershave - burned less than yesterday but was still pretty intense. From what I've googled this is apparently normal for most Bay Rums?? I suppose it's no different from enjoying menthol freeze.

SUNDAY SOTD

Same hotel in BNE before heading out to BDB to my parents to get their NBN setup :)

The ARKO! keeps on performing!

I4bYhd1l.jpg

Prep: Hot Shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: ARKO
Razor: Merkur 37c slant
Blade: Vintage NOS Rubie (9)

Was a relief to return to the menthol freeze today after experimenting with bay rum burn. I'll probably shelve the bay rum until Darwins dry season in a few months (as close as we get to 'winter')

Last edited:
Pre: Shower
Razor: Karve CB (F)
Blade: Gillette Nacet (1)
Brush: Yaqi Moka Express
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Post: Imperial Leather Aftershave, Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

I'm a sucker for the cheap aftershaves, this one comes in a nice frosted glass bottle. It goes on with a nice alcohol sting, the scent is nice and not overpowering however I don't think it's got much skin goodies in it so don't use it often.

RR GC84 w/Polsilver
EJ STF v1 23mm
SV - Dolomiti
Gaia ASB

A much better shave with the GC today. It requires a slightly different technique to the Karve and whilst it doesn't shave as close as the Karve D, the shave was still good and closer than the karve C plate.

My favorite scented soap got lathered up with my favorite brush. Just brilliant!!
I could actually use this brush exclusively and be totally content...but as I'm infected with BAD, this is unlikely!

20190224-092055-01.jpg

Date: 24 February 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Arko (4 shaving sticks grated into a 250ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum #2
Post-shave:- Thayers Witch Hazel & Tea Tree Oil / WAHL Bay Rum Aftershave Splash
Fragrance:- L'eau D'issey Pour Homme

:banghead: 4 days to go for the whole month of Arko February shave :arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh:

CRIKEY!! :wideyed: The vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum still feels very sharp and harsh just like a Feather blade :banghead:

Have you been flipping the blade over on your 37C, since the Nacet blade reaches to twelve so far on the slant razor, I’m completely gobsmacked at the moment or have lost track of your blade count during your shaves.
@Speedy - I basically wash the blade after each shave, let it dry and load it into the razor. Surprised how comfortable the shaves it's giving me and with todays shave = 12! Not the closest shave but still efficient enough to give me DFS :cool:

February Slant/s SOTM

IMAG0374.jpg

Brush: Omega 24mm
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Gillette Nacet (13)
Soap: RR xXx

Yet another comfortable SOTM with the xXx, 37C & Nacet blade. No matter the direction this blade still provides a satisfactory shave with DFS results. I expected this blade to shread my face to bits but it's smoothed out well and I plan to keep using it till months end :wideyed:

Status
Not open for further replies.