Status
Not open for further replies.

BIU5VfY.jpg

M&F
Weber PH + Uf0
Feather
Talbot Shaving Mount Ventoux

iqYytGe.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Timeless....
Blade: Feather....
Brush: Wolf Whiskers/Tony Forsyth Debonair....
Soap: AP Reserve Fougère Bourbon Rose....
Post: AP Reserve Fougère Bourbon Rose Aftershave and EDP....

Date:- 23 April 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- RazoRock Plissoft Bruce Synth. 24/57mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Wholly Kaw ~ King of Oud
Razor/Blade:- Gillette Rocket HD500 (0.51mm) made in England 1950's / Vintage NOS Schick Plus Platinum #12
Post-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Proraso Wood & Spice

jc8AImMl.jpg

Soap: Woflpac - Silk Road
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Wapienica
Interesting what we take for granted - woke up to no power this morning so the pressure pump from the rain water tank doesn't work but fortunately we have a town water connection which is only low pressure but when you've got no water low pressure water is great water. Had to use lighter on gas stove to cook breaky, lol, survival skills for first world problems.

jc8AImMl.jpg

Soap: Woflpac - Silk Road
Brush: Semogue 1305
Razor: Wapienica
Interesting what we take for granted - woke up to no power this morning so the pressure pump from the rainwater tank doesn't work but fortunately we have a town water connection which is only low pressure but when you've got no water low-pressure water is great water. Had to use lighter on the gas stove to cook breaky, lol, survival skills for first world problems.

Your boar brush is blooming fantastic @Pbgoose looks soft as a baby pillow :happy:

DIY pre shave oil
Rockwell 6C@R6 w/Polsilver
Yaqi moka express two band 26mm
Sample - shaving shop endymion soap
Gaia ASB

Nice smelling soap but I needed a huge dollop of soap to get a usable lather!

The brush is just awesome!!

20190423-090523-01.jpg

Prep: Hot shower
Brush: The Stray Whisker Silvertip Badger
Soap: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements Cold Spices
Razor: Rockwell 6C (R6)
Blade: Vintage NOS London Bridge (2 and done)

Disappointing rough shaves today and yesterday with the vintage London Bridge blade. Might just be a dud, might not be a good fit with the Rockwell, or maybe just not good for my beard. Either way I'm wrapping up this experiment early.

Pre: Hot towel, Pre shave oil (Nico's home brew)
Razor: Timeless, S/S, 0.68 Scalloped base plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Australian Private Reserve (APR) Fenchurch

IMG-4343.jpg

aJbx6Ial.jpg

Another top shave with the open comb D Karve plate. Wasn’t sure it’d be a nice shave 2 days running but I was wrong.
The soap donut is growing each day. Won’t be too long, but it will have to wait until next week since I’m off the Brissy tonight for a few days. Speick stick’s turn...

APRil SOTM
IMAG0434.jpg

Brush: RR 400
Head: Omnishaver
Blade: Polsilver SI (6)
Razor: RR Mamba
Bowl: Pereira's Unbreakable bowl
Soap: APR Fougere Bourbon Rose
Pre: Shower + Washpool Face Cleansing Bar

Kickass DFS!!! :love:

Mail call and SOTD - got the Declaration Grooming Sellout to try the Icarus base. On first use I still slightly prefer the regular base, but could be my dialling in of the lather. Scent is nice, certainly more tar than pineapple reminiscent of older batches.

Razor is the Maggards V3M head with the MR16 handle. Holds the blade securely and alignment is good with the 4 post design. Not as mild as I would have thought, shaving similar to the karve c plate. It does have blade feel, and delivers a decent shave nearing on bbs (sides of adams apple, usual spot, not as close as other more efficient razors). For $17 USD, not a bad purchase though and a good starter razor.

rsfT7cAh.jpg

97MIHXW.jpg

Pre: Hot Shower, Truefitt & Hill Oil....
Razor: Timeless....
Blade: Gillette 7 O’Clock Yellow....
Brush: Wild West Brushworks Mantle....
Soap: Wholly Kaw King Of Oud....

Status
Not open for further replies.