Barrister and Mann Reserve Spice
Paladin PK-47 Vintage Port
Stirling Bergamot Lavender splash

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: JAWS
Blade: Polsilver (2)
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: PAA CaD

Ahhh!! Nothing like a bit of blade feel in the morning. Finished of the remnants of the CaD, was a nice soap but wont be replaced. That’s the 4th tub of soap totally completed. Makes me happy about the purchase of the two that are on their way (y)

48587742031_be7f1b3d4d_b.jpg

KJACsgP.gif

Wickham Scottish Heather SS
JR #130 Cypress Sunrise synth
Suribachi bowl and cool water
Yaqi Mellon DOC, Maggard SS#18
Astra Superior Platinum blade
Vintage Avon Blue Blazer AS

The heavy handle on the light cap and base balances well. With plenty of slickness from the 1912 lather I took my 3+ passes. No errors & just the right bit of sting from the lotion.

Date:- 21 August 2019

Pre-shave:- Cold Water straight from the tap
Brush:- Edwin Jagger Synth. v2.0 Silvertip Fibre Faux Horn 25/58mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Valobra (4 shaving sticks press into a 250 ml plastic tub)
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock Game Changer .84 / NOS Wizamet Super Iridium #1
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Natural Glycerin (20), Tea Tree Antiseptic (10), Lavender (15) & Peppermint (10 drops)
Fragrance:- Jean Paul Gaultier Ultra Male

Great shave tonight. @Pbgoose sent me a sample of his "Artemisia" soap.
We have some excellent soap makers on this forum and I rate this soap equal to any I've had the pleasure of using.
I'm not a scent guy [I like - well don't mind Arko, so that almost instantly disqualifies me] - but - this one is excellent. It is masculine, not too strong and hangs around after the shave but in a most welcome way.
The lather was easy to make and worked up very well on my whiskers. Glide for a straight razor was really good and the cushion for a safety razor was also great. Skin feel was comfortable with just the right amount of moisture remaining.

Top effort Bruce.

Single pass and so good.

Steve

Pre: Hot towel, Aloe vera gel
Razor: RAW RS-10, Mild Plate
Blade: Feather
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk2
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron Coronet Fougere
WTG, ATG, touch up with adjusted angles for my beard.
Not the best shave with this combo. I suspect a dud Feather blade. Now binned.

Pre-shave: Shower
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Black Wolf
Soap: Noble Otter/ APR Texaus
Post-Shave: Noble Otter/ APR Texaus

Thanks to the generosity of @StratMan today’s razor, on loan, was the Timeless 0.95 SB

Despite feeling very heavy while resting in my palm, in use it was well very balanced and the extra weight was scarcely noticed.
With a light touch the first pass provided a DFS and I could have easily stopped there but of course I had to continue for my traditional three passes.
The shave angle was easy to find and for me very similar to my daily driver, the Rockwell 6S.
The razor itself is super efficient, effortlessly removing my 2 day growth. Strangely it seemed to also remove the residual slickness, the slickness normally felt while rinsing after each pass was not as prominent.
The audible feedback was excellent and there was minimal blade feel. At no time did I feel like the razor would bite despite a small weeper on my chin
The aftershave provided a slight sting on application and a feeling of tenderness, as if my face knew it had been freshly shaved.
The overall result however was super smooth.

Whilst the Wolfman might be considered a slim, stylish and elegant design something akin to a runway supermodel, for me the Timeless resembles a sexy bikini model, just as beautiful but with curves in all the right places.

An absolute pleasure to use, definitely on my shopping list.

Pre-shave: Shower
Razor: Timeless 0.95 SB
Blade: Gillette Nacet
Brush: Wolf Whiskers Black Wolf
Soap: Noble Otter/ APR Texaus
Post-Shave: Noble Otter/ APR Texaus

Thanks to the generosity of @StratMan today’s razor, on loan, was the Timeless 0.95 SB

Despite feeling very heavy while resting in my palm, in use it was well very balanced and the extra weight was scarcely noticed.
With a light touch the first pass provided a DFS and I could have easily stopped there but of course I had to continue for my traditional three passes.
The shave angle was easy to find and for me very similar to my daily driver, the Rockwell 6S.
The razor itself is super efficient, effortlessly removing my 2 day growth. Strangely it seemed to also remove the residual slickness, the slickness normally felt while rinsing after each pass was not as prominent.
The audible feedback was excellent and there was minimal blade feel. At no time did I feel like the razor would bite despite a small weeper on my chin
The aftershave provided a slight sting on application and a feeling of tenderness, as if my face knew it had been freshly shaved.
The overall result however was super smooth.

Whilst the Wolfman might be considered a slim, stylish and elegant design something akin to a runway supermodel, for me the Timeless resembles a sexy bikini model, just as beautiful but with curves in all the right places.

An absolute pleasure to use, definitely on my shopping list.

Nice report @EJ_DE98, glad u enjoyed it (y)

Pre-shave: Shower/ Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal Pre/Post
Bowl: Limited Edition P&C 2019 Auction Grey Bowl by Avalon Pottery
Brush: Semogue - Excelsior 1460 Boar
Soap: Proraso Green Tea and Oatmeal
Razor: 66’ Gillette Slim (L1)
Blade: Gillette Spoiler (K4) - noticed the blade is a few months older than Slim and I - 1965 Q4 thanks to @tim33z who sold me a few packs many months ago.
Post-shave: Mineral (Baby) Oil - I find mineral oil less irritating than olive oil

I've been wanting to try the Proraso Sensitive for a while and found a deal on the Bay too good to resist
- Not a big fan of the scent, even though it is vegan friendly, but I think I am a bit hypersensitive
+ A very slick and moist feeling throughout the day and the menthol is a nice touch.
+ The lather was rich and creamy and so slick. First time I could have stopped after one pass with the Slim.
+ Not because the shave was efficient, (I dont think anyone would call the Slim aggressive) but because my face felt so smooth after the first pass I couldn't feel the remaining stubble and had to inspect closely in the mirror to notice it.

Xo37R2T.jpg

Last edited:
Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: R41
Blade: Polsilver (1)
Brush: Omega Boar
Soap: The Warden

Without doubt the R41 is the most aggressive razor I have, I tend to ride the cap more on this one than my other razors. Warden got a call up, this would have to be without doubt, to me, the best smelling barbershop scent around

Status
Not open for further replies.