Shave of the Day Thread - 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
My only concern is when I lend this to @Razor Burn he may not return it. :unsure:
giphy.gif

@Razor Burn Lord of the Charcoal Goods

giphy.gif

Brush: Omega (Proraso) boar
Head: RR Game Changer .84P
Blade: Feather (4)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira Shavery Lathering Bowl
Soap: APR Suitably Attired Australian LE
Post: APR Restoration Peptide Concentrate Serum 15ml Tester A

A sublime near BBS this morning with the Game Changer and a Feather. I swear it was the most smoothest shave I have experienced in a longtime that after the first pass I had to check whether the blade was actually inside. Super efficient and walked a way with a couple small nicks on the adams apple and top lip but well worth it as it was comfortable and close. Finally completed the soap after using it consistently whilst testing out the Serum.... Happy shaves!

Pre: Hot Shower
Razor: Charcoal Goods Level-2 base plate, limited edition Victorian.
Blade: Gillette Rubie
Bowl: Handmade bowl, Mk3
Brush: RazoRock Silvertip Synthetic
Soap: Squadron, The Warden
WTG, ATG, touch ups with adjusted angles for my beard.

Charcoal Goods Victorian is in my possession. As you would expect the fit and finish is top shelf and I like the engravings, just a stunner.
The first shave was stupendous. First pass easily mowed down the whiskers. I could hear ( I am hard of hearing) audible feedback, this razor sings. Second pass and touch ups wiped away any leftover whiskers and shaved the trouble spots with ease. Very comfortable shave with no irritation or weepers. Its an efficient, comfortable and easy razor to use. It does live up to the hype. Very impressed.
My only concern is when I lend this to @Razor Burn he may not return it. :unsure:

upload pictures online

Nice work there - maybe this will keep it safe -

AUneGful.jpg

nd4Z9fz.jpg

Pre-shave: Shower
Brush: BSB Spain 24mm
Soap: Soap Smooth - Barber Shop
Razor: Timeless .68 SB - Scalloped Head
Blade: GSB (4) and out
Post-shave: AP Reserve Escentials 'Restoration'
Nice slick protective lather from the Soap Smooth Barbershop. Tastes awful though!
TBH if I used this daily would probably get a rash. I wonder if the tallow has gone a bit rancid?
Posilver, Nacet and Feather were stand out with Timeless 0.68

TBH if I used this daily would probably get a rash. I wonder if the tallow has gone a bit rancid?
Just read the lid and it contains Lanolin that confirms I have a mild reaction to lambswool alcohol and with repeated use can become irritable

Brush: Omega (Proraso) boar
Head: RR Game Changer .84P
Blade: Feather (4)
Pre: Shower
Bowl: Pereira Shavery Lathering Bowl
Soap: APR Suitably Attired Australian LE
Post: APR Restoration Peptide Concentrate Serum 15ml Tester A

A sublime near BBS this morning with the Game Changer and a Feather. I swear it was the most smoothest shave I have experienced in a longtime that after the first pass I had to check whether the blade was actually inside. Super efficient and walked a way with a couple small nicks on the adams apple and top lip but well worth it as it was comfortable and close. Finally completed the soap after using it consistently whilst testing out the Serum.... Happy shaves!
I agree, the Feather seems a perfect match with the GC .84

Just read the lid and it contains Lanolin that confirms I have a mild reaction to lambswool alcohol and with repeated use can become irritable

Bummer, sorry mate :(

Bummer, sorry mate :(
No problem, thanks for the freebie. My loss will be someone else's gain. I just checked the others and T&D cream also has lanolin :(
Looks like I'll be travelling with Argo Neo Platinum from an earlier trade with @tullfan.
If I wasn't abstaining from aftershave due to APR Escentials trial would take the Madison Avenue travelling. Tempted to throw it in the bag anyway ;)

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson and Culmak
Soap/Cream: B&M Cologne Russe shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Handle
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (3)
Post-shave: B&M Cologne Russe splash
Fragrance: N/A

The 'ring of death' is evident, I wonder if I can join @tim33z's friends again - that will be TWICE this year!

jKsycgTl.jpg

freZtiql.jpg

Soap: Soapy Science - Lollipop Citrus (sample)
Brush: Omega 10019
Razor: Merkur 39C
Blade: Personna Platinum (3)
Found I still had a small sample of Lollipop Citrus fanging around in my stash that was given to me by @FluffyGroodle . It had pretty much lost it's scent now which is a shame as I remember it being quite pleasant. Still performed well.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson and Culmak
Soap/Cream: B&M Cologne Russe shaving soap
Razor: Muhle R95 Rocca Birch Handle
Blade: Polsilver "Brown" (3)
Post-shave: B&M Cologne Russe splash
Fragrance: N/A

The 'ring of death' is evident, I wonder if I can join @tim33z's friends again - that will be TWICE this year!

jKsycgTl.jpg
Hopefully the brushes can outlast the remaining soap ring!

Status
Not open for further replies.