Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs - Magnifico Magenta 24mm 2 band finest.
Soap/Cream: Ariana & Evans - Which one's pink?
Razor: Razorock - SS Lupo 95
Blade: - Personna - Lab blue (5)
Post-shave: A&E - Which one's pink? AS splash / A&E skin food nourshing cream

2 pass WTG = DFS+. Practically a BBS. Great shave.
A very pepper and grapefruit forward oriental scent. I could still smell the pepper in the dry down for a while.

@SpeedyPC, Which one's pink? (NOT THE BRUSH !!!) :p

Warning about this soap. If you are allergic to grapefruit or Lavender EO this soap is packed with it. As such, it lit my face up on fire. A total opposite effect to a big menthol hit. Both soap and splash did the same thing. The balm cooled the face down in about 60 secs. I actually enjoyed the sensation o_O. I know if I shaved with the same soap again tomorrow, I won't feel anything. (YMMV) This has happened before wirh a few other soaps especiall lavender forward ones, so I know longer worry about it and learn to embrace the burn.:D
Did you get your face cooked up by Porky Pig with a nice strong pinky-red colour with Which one's pink? if you're allergic to grapefruit or Lavender EO with this soap???? Otherwise don't make me laugh :LOL:

Brush: TF Customs - Magnifico Magenta 24mm 2 band finest.
Soap/Cream: Ariana & Evans - Which one's pink?
Razor: Razorock - SS Lupo 95
Blade: - Personna - Lab blue (5)
Post-shave: A&E - Which one's pink? AS splash / A&E skin food nourshing cream

2 pass WTG = DFS+. Practically a BBS. Great shave.
A very pepper and grapefruit forward oriental scent. I could still smell the pepper in the dry down for a while.

@SpeedyPC, Which one's pink? (NOT THE BRUSH !!!) :p

Warning about this soap. If you are allergic to grapefruit or Lavender EO this soap is packed with it. As such, it lit my face up on fire. A total opposite effect to a big menthol hit. Both soap and splash did the same thing. The balm cooled the face down in about 60 secs. I actually enjoyed the sensation o_O. I know if I shaved with the same soap again tomorrow, I won't feel anything. (YMMV) This has happened before wirh a few other soaps especiall lavender forward ones, so I know longer worry about it and learn to embrace the burn.:D
An A&E soap with a scent based on essential oils? That sounds like a departure from their usual kind of thing. Sounds like it might be right up my alley - just need to find myself a hot pink brush to go with it. :p I've never heard of people reacting to lavender EO, but lots of citrus oils do cause problems (particularly lime, for some reason).

Did you get your face cooked up by Porky Pig with a nice strong pinky-red colour with Which one's pink? if you're allergic to grapefruit or Lavender EO with this soap???? Otherwise don't make me laugh :LOL:

No colour change to the face or visible skin reaction, just a heating sensation from the strong EO concentration of those particular EO's. The thing is, if I shaved today with the same soap and splash combo, my skin will become desensitised and won't have the same reaction. I think you have this soap @SpeedyPC in your archives as well, so you know the scent strength is only a mid level.

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: APR Fenchurch shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage British Wilkinson Sword (9)
Post-shave: APR Fenchurch splash
Fragrance: APR Fenchurch EDP

Oh, so nice ...

NENOif9l.jpg

RAZOR: Comoy's of London 6/8"
CREAM: A&E Kaizen
BRUSH: Mason Pearson Best Badger knot
STROP: Dovo hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Green
TZOeaVc.jpg

I tried a different A&E today and it performed better than the Asian Plum. However I had to really work it to get a lather, as opposed to Arko or Tabac that lather really well. The scent was ok, but the shave wasn't stellar. Again a little disappointing. I was hoping to love A&E but I'm not sure if that will happen.

CREAM: A&E Kaizen
AFTERSHAVE: Proraso Green
TZOeaVc.jpg

I tried a different A&E today and it performed better than the Asian Plum. However I had to really work it to get a lather, as opposed to Arko or Tabac that lather really well. The scent was ok, but the shave wasn't stellar. Again a little disappointing. I was hoping to love A&E but I'm not sure if that will happen.

Try lathering with a synthetic brush.

4.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Castle Forbes Lavender
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK
Post-shave: Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

I reckon I've only got a handful of shaves left with this soap, and there's a whole 8 months before I can get any more... :cry:

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Ash Wood 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Noble Otter ~ Rawr
Razor/Blade:- RazoRock SS Lupo 95 / Gillette Stainless (red & white pack) #2
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- Hugo Boss (Original)
Tonight Tipple:- Jack Daniel's

Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Two Kings shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: Vintage British Wilkinson Sword (10)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Two Kings splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti EDP

Another great shave.

Lest we forget.

oJqXSlrl.jpg

IMG-20210424-220133.jpg

Brush: TF Customs Green Swirls + Transparent 27mm Rhodium Silvertip
Razor: Muhle Rocca V4 R95 Birch Barked
Blade: Kai (1)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Squadron Soaps Scramble
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

iu

Brush: TF Customs - P&C 2020 charity auction ivory 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: Squadron - Scramble
Razor: Edwin Jagger - 3 one 6
Blade: - Club - (Vintage blade 1)
Post-shave: A&E - Squadron - Scramble AS splash / Essano Man - everyday moisturiser

2 pass + touchups WTG = DFS+. Anzac day shave today, using commonwealth only made products. Razor from the UK, moisturiser from NZ, soap, AS, and razor blade from Australia. ( Nice sotd @Razor Burn):)

To all my expat Australian, NZ friends that are left :cry: in Patong, have a beer for me today at the Yacht Club.

Lest We Forget.

Brush: TF Customs - P&C 2020 charity auction ivory 2 band finest
Soap/Cream: Squadron - Scramble
Razor: Edwin Jagger - 3 one 6
Blade: - Club - (Vintage blade 1)
Post-shave: A&E - Squadron - Scramble AS splash / Essano Man - everyday moisturiser

2 pass + touchups WTG = DFS+. Anzac day shave today, using commonwealth only made products. Razor from the UK, moisturiser from NZ, soap, AS, and razor blade from Australia. ( Nice sotd @Razor Burn):)

To all my expat Australian, NZ friends that are left :cry: in Patong, have a beer for me today at the Yacht Club.

Lest We Forget.
raw

CREAM: A&E Vanille De Tabac / Tabac
RifTm43.jpg

A&E continues to under perform :letterk2:. It's the third sample in a kind gift from Wilkshire13. I added a scoop of the soap to the bowl and lathered away. The bowl smelt like a cinnamon cake mix, absolutely delicious. First pass was ok, but the soap suds on the tissue paper indicated it was watery & weak. Second pass I added a little more soap to the bowl & lathered up, but my face looked like I had applied soapy water. I could clearly see my face and it was an absolute fail. I added a wee bit of Tabac to the bowl & it was a fantastic lather.

Yet another under performance by A&E, while I love the scents I'd never buy it. You have 'lesser' brands like Tabac that crush the performance at half the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.