Shave of the Day Thread - 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson shaving brush
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Two Kings shaving soap
Razor: Vintage Gillette 'Fatboy' Adjustable (7)
Blade: P&G Gillette Wilkinson Sword blade (2)
Post-shave: Noble Otter Two Kings splash
Fragrance: Penhaligon's Halfeti EDP

Off to Perth for work, so took this brush for another run this morning.

Hoping that I don't wander into any exposure sites in Perth and am limiting non-essential activities. With other trips coming up I cannot afford to be quarantined!

DpQ9A8Ll.jpg

YSOTD

Pre: Shower
Razor: Timeless 95
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Matilda 2-Band Silvertip Badger
Soap: Proraso Green

I really want to love proraso soap but it is def lacking compared to others. Ended up with a red neck which was quickly soothed with Milkman serum. The scent though, is amazing.

51154705719_a160748a07_b.jpg

SOTD

Pre: Shower
Razor: Rocca R94
Blade: Polsilver
Brush: Yaqi 26mm Pony
Soap: Squadron – Group Captains Blend

Tried going for a DFS on both shaves but couldn’t do it, just had to go for that ATG BBS shave on both occasions. 😊 The scents on both the soap and splash are amazing go together perfectly.

51154150368_c5f5751630_b.jpg

This morning I had one of my best shaves ever.

Titan 1918 ACRM-2 T.H.60 stropped on clean leather.
Arko shave stick face lathered using a Chinese guaranteed pure badger hair synthetic brush.
Two passes (WTG & ATG) giving me a perfect BBS result with nil damage or irritation.

Edge is maintained after use on a 0.1um diamond pasted hanging balsa strop.

MONDAY ‌05/03/21 SOTD
PRE: TOBS Herbal‌ ‌Pre-Shave‌ ‌Gel‌
RAZOR: Above The Tie Windsor Pro
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Maggard Blue Resin 2-Band Badger
SOAP: Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie

tlEVkNr.jpg

MONDAY ‌05/03/21 SOTD
PRE: TOBS Herbal‌ ‌Pre-Shave‌ ‌Gel‌
RAZOR: Above The Tie Windsor Pro
BLADE: Gillette‌ 7 O'clock SharpEdge Yellow
BRUSH: Maggard Blue Resin 2-Band Badger
SOAP: Declaration Grooming La Petite Prairie

tlEVkNr.jpg
What’s the scent like from the tub???

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Smilez4Milez Grapevine AKA Shedding Dog
Soap:- Blue DeVil Bay
Razors: Timeless 0.68 SB - Scalloped Head
Blade:- Wizamet (7)
Aftershave:- Captains Choice/Ogallala Bay Rum

bGr1t4z.jpg

Sincere kudoz to @CraigE as they say the proof is in the pudding or in this case in the performance. Always keen to try any new soap coming in to the den and usually they are a bit meh! Never has any soap impressed me so much that it went straight into rotation but this BD Bay in the Vegan formula has. I just haven't stopped using it. Impressed me so much and a little inspired by @TomG Bootlegger reviews mixed 50/50 Captains Choice and Ogallala to have a unique matching Bay Rum aftershave for the week. Captains Choice by itself is too sweet for me. I'm getting the most out of the Smilez4Milez Grapevine even though it lives up to it's nickname of Shedding Dog it has a nice scritch and not too dense so I keep it lying around the bathroom for those days I want a change from the latest spongey badger I am trying to master

13.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Tarkine" 26mm Tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Noble Otter Two Kings
Razor: Razorock Hawk SS V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, Homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

Today is a good day.

May 3, 2021

• Prep: Hot Shower
  • Prep: Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements - Cube 2.0 Scentless - Pre-shave
  • Brush: The Stray Whisker - 452/24 Synthetic
  • Razor: Edwin Jagger DE89
  • Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (0)
  • Blade (Face): Derby Usta (1)
  • Lather: PAA Clubguy
  • Post Shave: PAA Clubguy Aftershave
  • Post Shave: Alum Block

Another combined head and face shave. I thought the Derby Usta gave the closest shave I could get, but the Astra has given a similar smoothness with less work. It could be just the blade, but probably a combination of technique and blade.

May 3, 2021

Another combined head and face shave. I thought the Derby Usta gave the closest shave I could get, but the Astra has given a similar smoothness with less work. It could be just the blade, but probably a combination of technique and blade.
Astra SP in a DE89 is smooth as butter. Doubt you could do better for a comfortable shave.

bGr1t4z.jpg

Sincere kudoz to @CraigE as they say the proof is in the pudding or in this case in the performance. Always keen to try any new soap coming in to the den and usually they are a bit meh! Never has any soap impressed me so much that it went straight into rotation but this BD Bay in the Vegan formula has. I just haven't stopped using it. Impressed me so much and a little inspired by @TomG Bootlegger reviews mixed 50/50 Captains Choice and Ogallala to have a unique matching Bay Rum aftershave for the week. Captains Choice by itself is too sweet for me. I'm getting the most out of the Smilez4Milez Grapevine even though it lives up to it's nickname of Shedding Dog it has a nice scritch and not too dense so I keep it lying around the bathroom for those days I want a change from the latest spongey badger I am trying to master
Good on you! I have some Ogallala Bay Rum Special Reserve Cologne (Double Strength) - it is nuclear powered. Seriously, you don’t need Colin Powell to convince you that this stuff is a WMD. I’ve had EPA complaints from South Australia!

bGr1t4z.jpg

Well if that isn't a cracker of a review nothing is. Thanks mate, I am glad you are enjoying it.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: TF Customs -26mm boss knot
Soap/Cream: Stirling - Executive Man
Razor: Homelike Shaving- Colibri (1.5)
Blade: - Derby Premium 6)
Post-shave: Razorock - The Emperor AS splash / Stirling - Executive Man AS balm

2 pass WTG daily shave = DFS. Another nice shave.

I still have a few blades from my sample pack to try, Feather Hi-Stainless & Merkur Super Platinum.
Two opposite extremes - the Feathers are probably the sharpest that money can buy, the Merkur blades the roughest. :eek: I threw away my Merkur blades. If you find the Feathers just a little too much, I'd suggest trying the Gillette 7 O'Clock SharpEdge Yellow, which is close in sharpness, but a lot smoother - IMO the best modern DE blade available.

May 3, 2021

Try a feather in the DE89, I used that combo today.. cant beat it.. still super smooth but also very sharp

Status
Not open for further replies.