Not open for further replies.
ChXZQOl.jpg

Prep: Valobra Glycerlanolina soap, Myrsol Emulsion
Brush: M&F / Brad Sears Finest Badger
Soap: Groomatorium Ghost Town Barber
Razor: Wolfman WR2
Blade: Polsilver Super Iridium (4)
Post: Thayers Cucumber Witch Hazel, Bootlegger's El Dorado Aftershave

A Wild West shave - very comfortable with a very close result. A review of the aftershave may be seen here - Bootlegger's El Dorado Review

s.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Yaqi Rainbow Pony
Soap/Cream: D.R. Harris - Windsor
Razor: RR SS Hawk V3
Blade: Feather Professional Super
Post-shave: Shower, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+, nothing else required.

Yesterday's shave was so good, I had to do it again. Thanks again to @rhodes96 for this soap, you've hit it out of the park. (y)(y)

Brush: Forgotten Art '7 Seas' 2 Band Badger by @Irish
Soap: Barrister & Mann Oceana
Razor: Razorock SS Hawk V3
Blade: Shick Proline (1) thanks to @Gargravarr for the blades!
Post-shave: Homelike Shaving DeJavu Cool Aftershave splash

An excellent first shave with the RR Hawk V3, brilliant performance from the Oceana soap and Homelike Dejavu splash. Can't fault the Forgotten Art brush and man the shick proline blades are nice!

An excellent first shave with the RR Hawk V3, brilliant performance from the Oceana soap and Homelike Dejavu splash. Can't fault the Forgotten Art brush and man the shick proline blades are nice!
I don't think RR make any bad razors these days, and the Hawk V3 is a great piece of work. The Prolines were purchased from @rhodes96 a while back (and he has generously supplemented those with the care package that arrived a couple of days ago). They're great blades that are smooth as smooth in the Hawk, and really shine in the Vector.

Birthday shave
s.png

Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap/Cream: Blue DeVil Tas Lavender Patch
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+

This is the first time I've been able to load up a Blue DeVil soap directly from the tub, and it makes more of a difference than I expected. I was struck by the sheer weight of thick, sumptuous lather on this huge brush, and it made for a fantastic shave. I found the presence of patchouli, and to a lesser extent ylang-ylang a bit of an intrusion, especially as the Bridestowe Lavender EO is at the sweeter, more sweaty end of the lav spectrum. I have a bottle of this, and I might try adding a couple of drops to the lather next time to see if I can drown the interlopers. :)

Birthday shave
s.png

This is the first time I've been able to load up a Blue DeVil soap directly from the tub, and it makes more of a difference than I expected. I was struck by the sheer weight of thick, sumptuous lather on this huge brush, and it made for a fantastic shave. I found the presence of patchouli, and to a lesser extent ylang-ylang a bit of an intrusion, especially as the Bridestowe Lavender EO is at the sweeter, more sweaty end of the lav spectrum. I have a bottle of this, and I might try adding a couple of drops to the lather next time to see if I can drown the interlopers. :)
Happy birthday you cheeky smartass pinky bastard, please, change your avatar, you’ll end up being my bloody mother.

Birthday shave
s.png

Happy birthday mate!

Pre-shave:- Cold Shower
Bowl/Scuttle:- Captain's Choice
Brush:- Semogue SOC 2 Band Finest Badger in Taj Resin 24/53mm knot
Soap/Cream:- Whispers from the Woods (Australian made) ~ All Things Nice "Spiced Sandalwood & Honey"
Razor/Blade:- Merkur 34C / Gillette Nacet #16
Post/After-shave:- T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel Astringent mixed into the 240ml bottle with Invite E High Potency Pure Oil (10 drops), Natural Plant Glycerin (20) & Tea Tree Oil Antiseptic (5)
Fragrance:- L'Occitane Baux

Status
Not open for further replies.