samp.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Grooming Dept - Bergamot & Lavender - thanks @Rabid Badger
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK (1)
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Bolaven Plateau, Laos

Just arrived in the mailbox yesterday, I was keen to try this sample straight away. Too lazy to do a side-by-side against the Stirling equivalent, as that's now so familiar to me, there's not much point. The first thing that struck me as I scooped it into a handy tin was how soft it is. Much softer than my Castle Forbes, which calls itself a cream. So I picked my biggest brush and loaded up a big freight of soap and went for it. Scent is a sharp blast of tart bergamot, with lavender in the background, nothing sweet in there at all, I like it. This should appeal to citrus fans, so long as they don't need a sugar hit from their soap.

A perfect, slick shave, with a DBS (Dolphin Butt Smooth) result, and a nice post-shave feel.

I completely concur with @Rabid Badger's comparison to the Stirling B/Lav: the Stirling has the nicer scent, but this the better performance. That's the drawback with not changing your base every 15 minutes: sooner or later, the pack will overtake you...
Glad you liked it. I am waiting for some warmer weather before using this again. Pleased to hear our olfactory senses concurred.

Sample September Shave

Brush: TF Customs Blue & Gold 30mm Tuxedo P&C 2019 Charity Auction
Razor: Smart Helix Apollo H both plates
Blade: Wizamet SI (5)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Wickams 1912 Russian Leather sample
Post: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm // Phoenix & Beau Spitfire solid cologne
WTG, ATG, Touchups = BBS

Same setup as yesterday with the addition of the Aggressive plate for ATG pass and Touchups resulting in a BBS shave. This blade and razor match perfectly!!!

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

t4BJx3z.jpg

• Above the Tie - Windsor SSRH
  • Gillette 7 O'Clock Sharpedge (yellow)
  • Oumo 26mm Manchuria fan
  • Spearhead Shaving - Sea Spice Lime
  • Nivea Sensitive Aftershave balm
Sea Spice Lime is hands down my favourite scent of this year. I love it. It's one of the few soaps out there that I would consider buying a replacement tub for.

So, ATT Windsor SSRH. Blade gap .80mm is just in that sweet spot I'm beginning to enjoy for shaves. Not too mild, not too aggressive. Shaves similar to the Alpha Outlaw, but better. If I had to do it over, I would have bought this one over the Outlaw, but there you go. I think the RR Lupo 72 shaves a touch better though.

As you all may know I have been in isolation after a coworker came down with Covid-19 roughly 3 weeks ago as a result I among many others were identified as close contacts which resulted in being placed in isolation and to undertake testing however with my 14 days very recently being up I felt a renewed sense of hope and confidence. I am back baby!
Boy was this going to be great!

I wanted to go with a more familiar shave since it would be my first shave in 1+ years but nonetheless I was excited.

I set up my shave gear of choice the night before since I ran out of time the day before and wanted to make sure I was well rested for my work day and work week ahead as I hadn't been sleeping well recently.

I went to work, half way through my work day we were all called to the front of the store. The door was shut. A few names were read out including mine and we were told to go home, get tested as we were once again identified as close contacts to another positive covid-19 case and we shall once again need to be tested and isolate for 14 days.

And with that I end this with a NON SHAVE OF THE DAY.

Good day folks.
Enjoy your shaves. (y)

Sorry, I couldn't think of a place where to share this and thought although its depressing it has a ring of humor as you just can't make this shit up.
The sense of hope, self confidence, well-being and minimal freedom was great whilst it lasted at least.

In better news my a few orders I had made long ago including my new shaving bowl finally arrived last late last week. :D
I may have lost my freedom but at least I haven't lost my bowls. :LOL:

Waiting on my test results.
Happy Groundhog Day everyone.
Sorry to hear this Rusty, it must be tough going through this repeatedly. Hang in there and really enjoy that shave when it happens.

Pre-Shave: Hot Shower
Brush: DSC - 26mm tuxedo
Soap/Cream: Catie's Bubbles - La Piment De La Vie
Razor: Homelike Shaving - Colibri OC 1.3
Blade: Gillette - Stainless ( red & white) (16)
Post-shave: Catie's Bubbles - La Piment De La Vie / Nivea Men Sensitive PS balm

2 pass WTG = DFS+. Another great shave. The menthol in the splash was refreshing for a welcomed warm day.

Pre: Hot shower
Brush: Yaqi Moka
Soap: Razorock What The Puck Black Label
Razor: Razorock Gamechanger 84P OC
Blade: Gillette Platinum (3)

Took a page out of @StratMan’s book and his timeless and rode the guard ATG to BBS city.

p.s. just counted that I’ve got 14 razors and 15 soaps in the space of 5 months! Felt like I’ve been doing this forever lol.

samp.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: Forgotten Art "Southern Skies" 30mm Snow Leopard
Soap: Grooming Dept - Bergamot & Lavender - thanks @Rabid Badger
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Kai PINK
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, La Roche-Posay Anthelios SPF50+
COTD: Bolaven Plateau, Laos

Same shave, same picture. Recycling is good for the environment. I'm enjoying it, so I'll use this sample until it's done, maybe another day or two. In the meantime...

WR2 1.25
Rapira
Matilda 2-Band Rhodium 26mm
Greek Cafe soap/splash

rapira was excellent in today’s timeless shave but not that good in the WR2.. live and learn

for anyone that has this soap splash combo, do u get burn from it? I light up like Rudolph’s nose, and get a terrible burn feeling, not sure what it is? The cardamom?

51476925808_b98da1bd7e_b.jpg

for anyone that has this soap splash combo, do u get burn from it? I light up like Rudolph’s nose, and get a terrible burn feeling, not sure what it is? The cardamom?
And yet you keep using it? :eek: You have more patience than I do. Incidentally, I never had cardamom in my coffee in Greece, though I did occasionally in Turkey. Not really a fan of it... :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.