Shave of the Day Thread - 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh. Some very nice looking caps there. (Ouch at the price, but the quality is obvious.) I used to affect a Harris tweed flat cap when I was in my (very) early twenties, and I think it might have actually suited me then but not so much now. Sometimes one just has to accept the vicissitudes of Anno Domini and grow up. :rolleyes:
If you like a flat cap you should wear one, plenty of old blokes rock an eight panel and yes I'm oldish. One great thing I've found with getting older is I care less now than I did when I was young about what others think concerning what I wear or do and as a plus for you the weather can be inclement down your way so a flat cap is great in winter for keeping your noggin warm. Maybe yo might even try a beret, although you night have to Siddle up to that, it is much harder to pull off. Step on over to the Fedora Lounge, some great stuff over that way. I'm jealous those guys have so much choice.

Fb7ykBg.jpeg

/ Blue Devil Huon Pine Tuxedo
/ Fine Italian Citrus
/ Robin Razor Snap
/ Gillette Nacet 1/2 (1)
/ The Glycolic Acid Toner
/ Nivea Skin & Stubble

I was pleasantly surprised by the Snap. Mini review here.

Maybe Myrsol Monday? Does anyone actually stock it in Australia anymore? I got mine from the Stray Whisker and it was the last of his stock.
I believe @TomG uses Myrsol any day with a "y" in it. Even harder to find is Valobra Glycerlanolina.
Yes - it has been a while since Myrsol has been locally available. I order mine from Gifts & Care in Barcelona. Finding Valobra is most certainly a challenge now.

Pre-shave: Hot Shower
Brush: Vintage butterscotch Simpson Shaving Brush
Soap/Cream: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender shaving soap
Razor: Charcoal Goods P&C Charity Auction LE Prototype Stinger
Blade: Polsilver 'Brown' (4)
Post-shave: Declaration Grooming / Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender splash
Fragrance: Chatillon Lux Unconditional Surrender EDC

Other of THOSE days, great shave to start.

jurFjasl.jpg

NNaqrSEl.jpg

Pre Shave: Hot Towel
Razor: Boker Paua Shell
Soap: RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush: Zenith Boar Bristle White Wood

Although the Zenith Boar brush has to be broken in a lot more, I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

There's better performing soaps out there than RazoRack but the Mudder Focker scent is fantastic. It's definitely one of my favourites.

NNaqrSEl.jpg

Pre Shave: Hot Towel
Razor: Boker Paua Shell
Soap: RazoRock Mudder Focker
Brush: Zenith Boar Bristle White Wood

Although the Zenith Boar brush has to be broken in a lot more, I'm pretty impressed with it so far.

There's better performing soaps out there than RazoRack but the Mudder Focker scent is fantastic. It's definitely one of my favourites.
Great soap! Very underrated. (y)

This week I have been living in a hotel, inbetween house moves. This has limited me in my shave choices. For this week I am shaving with Titan 1918 ACRO T.H-70 maintained on my mini 0.1μm diamond pasted balsa strop. Face lather with tallow Tabac and Chinese guaranteed genuine pure best badger hair synthetic brush. Stropping is done with my Chinese calf-hide leather strop that I use when traveling.

full

This SR is of very hard stainless steel with a fine grain structure and good intergranular bonding. Perfect for the rough and tumble of travel shaving.

One of the best things I have done with my SR shaving when traveling was put together my mini pasted balsa strop (175mm x 65mm rather than the normal 300mm x 75mm). It works beautifully, just have to double the normal number of laps after each shave.

Yes - it has been a while since Myrsol has been locally available. I order mine from Gifts & Care in Barcelona. Finding Valobra is most certainly a challenge now.
Cheers. I thought they had stopped shipping After Shaves as I don't see any sea freight option anymore. I have 2 but I am interested in at least a few others.

2.png

Pre-shave: Hot water, Pears soap
Brush: CaYuen "Watermelon" 28mm AP G5B
Soap: Vintage Yardley
Razor: Blackland Vector
Blade: Schick Proline
Post-shave: Shower, homebrew moisturiser, Avène Sunscreen Aqua-Fluid SPF50+, Czech & Speake Oxford & Cambridge Cologne
COTD: Hamasil Village, Yemen

I have a few soap samples I've been meaning to try, but the Yardley was beckoning again from its shelf in the cabinet, so I surrendered gallantly. It's always amazing to see how willingly a 60+ year old soap explodes into such sumptuous lather at the slightest touch of a barely-damp brush. Lovely.

SOTD 17-19th Jan 2022
IMG-20220119-172345-2.jpg

Brush: DS Cosmetics Bikki 26/60mm badger/boar P&C Charity Auction 2021
Razor: Blackland Vector Ti
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (7)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Wolfpac Ice Pac
Post: Sukin Biomarine Facial Serum // Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

SOTD 20th Jan 2022
IMG-20220119-172400-2.jpg

Brush: Simpsons T3 Trafalgar Sovereign Fibre
Razor: Blackland Vector Ti
Blade: Schick Proline P-30 (8)
Pre: Shower
Soap: Wolfpac Ice Pac
Post: Sukin Biomarine Facial Serum // Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel
WTG, ATG, Touchups = DFS+

Stay Safe & Happy Shaves!

Pre-shave:- Shower
Brush:- Restored Ever-Ready 150 with 22mm Silvertip Knot
Soap:- Vintage NOS Old Spice in "Ship Recovery Salem 1794" milk glass mug
Razor:- Gillette 7 O'clock Flat Bottom Long Comb - with Signature Shaving Co. 303 Handle
Blade:- Aussie Spoiler (6)
Aftershave:- Barrister & Mann Reserve Spice

1XKxlGY.jpg

To be clear, they do not ship alcohol-based products, which includes most of the Myrsol range. Fortunately, Myrsol Emulsion is alcohol-free and hence can be shipped.

To be clear, they do not ship alcohol-based products, which includes most of the Myrsol range. Fortunately, Myrsol Emulsion is alcohol-free and hence can be shipped.

I got 'one of each' of the Myrsol range from G&C way 'back in the day'. No planes fell from the sky as a result as far as I am aware.

[sigh]

Status
Not open for further replies.