Shaver Heaven..and other sentimental Soap Makers

I probably own at least 300 soaps from various Artisan's and they all perform well. A lot has changed over the past 2-5 years and we are lucky to have the choice we enjoy today..probably spoilt maybe!

However, regardless of the proliferation of new Artisan's and exciting new scents I always come back to my favourite and possibly the nicest guy in wet shaving ..Anthony Macri and his Shaver Heaven soaps that he crafted. OK tallow seems to be the buzz at the moment but his vegan soaps were and still are the best performing soaps available IMO.

Still love that Spiced Mahogany as my all time favourite!

What are your memories?

I am not yet into Artisan's, it s a bit pricey for what I see and I found very satisfying to make my how shaving cream in my wife's Thermomix, so easy and great ;-). Perhaps I ll try making a soap one day.

It s not artisan but I have ordered a Taylor of Old Bond Soap Santalwood today since so many are raving about it

Agreed. I have, and am running out fast of 3 shaver heaven soaps. I have been using it more frequently after I heard he was coming back. But, I still haven't heard much in relation to the comeback so hopefully I haven't thrashed it too soon.

I never tried the stuff, but many here still like to go on about Johnny Goodsir's TMBR even though it's been discontinued for at least 3 years!

Even just mentioning it here will probably trigger a few members, like @stillshunter and @Dale.Whiley even though they don't post very frequently these days.

I never tried the stuff, but many here still like to go on about Johnny Goodsir's TMBR even though it's been discontinued for at least 3 years!

Even just mentioning it here will probably trigger a few members, like @stillshunter and @Dale.Whiley even though they don't post very frequently these days.
Aroma is the distinguishing feature of this soap.

I shaved with my final sample of Shaver Heaven: Oatmeal Stout, this morning.
Love love love this soap. Smells devine and lathers up a storm.
@Pbgoose promise me you'll try it!

Last edited:
I have used only the 1st anniversary, and I may say I like the scent a lot. I arrived to this world too late, but finally I got it from B/S/T. I will certainly use it more regularly as summer approaches. I would not mind buying more soaps from Shaver heaven if they finally came back :)

I shaved with my final sample of Shaver Heaven: Oatmeal Stout, this morning.
Love love love this soap. Smells devine and lathers up a storm.

I have a full, unused tub..... :whistle:

SH is a good one, Johnny Goodsir was a major loss in terms of scenting as @borked mentioned. I'd call it the ultimate leather jacket-wearing masculine scent. That said, the samples that are left are losing the aroma which is a shame. The lather wasn't so good but designed that way for straights to rinse clean easily.

The only other one I miss is Tim's Soaps, specifically the Greek Peach.

Last edited:
By Odin's beard! One does not keep such treasures in the shadows... They must be set free!

@Monsta_AU let me know if you ever want to offload it - even though I really don't need any more soap.

Last edited by a moderator:
By Odin's beard! One does not keep such treasures in the shadows... They must be set free!
Are you discussing my JGS or Monsta's SH?
I've very likely the only NOS JGS left :)
I'm not going to insult members here by asking stupid money for it, yet if the right offer, from the right person did come along...

Are you discussing my JGS or Monsta's SH?
I've very likely the only NOS JGS left :)
I'm not going to insult members here by asking stupid money for it, yet if the right offer, from the right person did come along...
I'll be honest: I've never even heard of JGS before now...

After reading this I had to pull out the Drogon Noir tonight (even though I'm trying to blast my way through the last of some other soap)..... Fantastic shave, great soap :)

@Monsta_AU let me know if you ever want to offload it - even though I really don't need any more soap.

Yeah, it's up for grabs along with a couple others I have from the sell-off that I didn't like so much once I got them. I like the scent to sniff but it's not a scent to be on my skin if you know what I mean.

I must admit I have way too many Shaver Heaven soaps. I probably still use them every third shave, they are that good. I am with @bazman the vegan formula is great and was one of the best soaps on the market, I did like his tallow as well. My favourite Shaver Heaven soaps are Arctic Mango, Spiced Mahogany and Sweet Almond Milk (however their are many many other great ones as well)

Here is hoping @Anthony returns one day.

And as @Monsta_AU pointed out Tim's soaps is a major loss as well, especially those lucky enough to have Ghostface Nilla (I think I might have the only one in Australia)

I totally agree that their vegetal formula is also fantastic! I never miss tallow when using the vegetal SH.

I have about 16 shaver Heaven soaps in my rotation.

About 5 will be up for sale whenever i visit Sydney next.