Shaver Heaven

Welcome back SH!!!! I can get to ripping into my Drogon Noir now, it's been nursed and tickled for far too long and really needs a proper scratching!

And my untouched Drogon Noir just plummeted in value, tumbling overnight on the stock market after release of this news. Ah well, glad you are back @Anthony .

I have a full tub of Drogon Noir...I really love it! I got it in a trade for a full baggy of menth (menthol crystals!). It's one of my favorite scents.

Out now folks! And thank you as always for your kind support. It's truely appreciated! I will make an announcement soon via the Facebook site in regards to the soaps.
These are intended as "Throw back" soaps. Some will be discontinued eg. Hubba Hubba, some will be carried through eg. Arctic Mango.

Others are yet to be introduced :)

Thanks again everyone's support and encouragement has been outstanding and one of the main reasons we're back.

@Rami Using the same formula as we did before we closed.

However, what's your favourite? I've heard a lot of people say "your original formula".

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on which is best. We never really reformulated (except when I used castor oil) only the ratios changed.

Keen to hear everyone's thoughts

@Anthony

I have no idea. I used it once and I liked it. Had a lot of residual slickness.

Out now folks! And thank you as always for your kind support. It's truely appreciated! I will make an announcement soon via the Facebook site in regards to the soaps.
These are intended as "Throw back" soaps. Some will be discontinued eg. Hubba Hubba, some will be carried through eg. Arctic Mango.

Others are yet to be introduced :)

Thanks again everyone's support and encouragement has been outstanding and one of the main reasons we're back.
Thanks for the update!

By fluke, I only have experience with the tallow formula - which I've loved. But, I'll give the vegan formula a go.

Expect an order from me tonight. :D

Thank you @lerenau I hope you enjoy it.
@Rami All good :) I think that was one of our pitfalls previously, having so many versions.

Although I am committed to putting out the best soap possible, I won't be making revisions as frequent. I've learnt a lot and hope not to make the same mistakes this time around.

Also, after taking a break, I hope to be more committed to being a contributing member of the forum again. So you should see me around more often (y)

Thank you @lerenau I hope you enjoy it.
@Rami All good :) I think that was one of our pitfalls previously, having so many versions.

Although I am committed to putting out the best soap possible, I won't be making revisions as frequent. I've learnt a lot and hope not to make the same mistakes this time around.

Also, after taking a break, I hope to be more committed to being a contributing member of the forum again. So you should see me around more often (y)

Maybe do limited releases of different formulas as a way to get feedback. It’s always good to experiment, how else to improve.

@Rami I've been down that track before (although not my intention) someone pointed out it was like selling my product to be "Tested" which was never my intention. So I don't want to go down that path again as I tend to agree but honestly didn't see it like that while I was making them.

This comment is not directed at you, but just for general:
At the time as well, I think I was taking too much to heart (feedback that is), and as you can imagine, everybody has their own opinion in terms of which soap worked better for them. So I was stuck chasing my tail, releasing version after version, and although not intentional, upset a lot of people who had say bought V2, only to find out 2 weeks later I was up to V3. As I said, it wasn't my intention, and I should have thought it through because I'm the first to be up in arms when I buy something only to find out a newer version comes out (I'm a NERD and I love my tech and nothing pulls my chain more than buying something to only have it superseded a few months later).

So you live and learn, and although I DO appreciate feedback (positive or constructive), I won't be caught up in releasing different versions (other than Tallow and Vegan). If there are minor "tweaks" they will be implemented as we go on.

@Anthony, this is obvious but sometimes it's good to hear it out loud:

"You can never please everyone. If you try to, you will please no one."

You've clearly got a good head on your shoulders. Trust in yourself first and foremost.
All the best on current journey, Mate. You'll do great. (y)

P.S. I *just* placed an order and I'm really looking forward to it.

Last edited:
@Anthony

I get your point. I was thinking of experimental tweaks for friends and forum members ;) and what not. However I understand if it caused issues in the past then no need.

Really confused, so there wasn't a reformulation i.e. the ingredients didn't change at all.
However there were major rejigs of the ratios so there were different soaps like V1, V2, etc etc which changed their face feel and performance.
So what is today's version based on and if you had older stock how does one know which version it is/was?

Eg. Though, to all I love my current version of old stock here but have no idea what version it was.

@Rami Using the same formula as we did before we closed.

However, what's your favourite? I've heard a lot of people say "your original formula".

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on which is best. We never really reformulated (except when I used castor oil) only the ratios changed.

Keen to hear everyone's thoughts

Tallow is my preferred, yet vegan as I've said before, works like none other for me :)
When I run out of preferred scents and if tallow is not an option, I will replace them with vegan.

My understanding is that there were different tweaks/improvements made along the way, hence v1 v2 v3 etc, rather than mass reformulation such as seen with B&M soaps.

Guys, I'd suggest not getting caught up in versions etc. I have most of the SH formulas in my 12 SH soaps (actually have 18 or so but will sell a few due to allergies) and they all perform great!

Also, the vegan formulas are really great performers! I have drogon noir in the simplest vegan formula and it's fantastic in performance despite having just a few ingredients.

Guys, I'd suggest not getting caught up in versions etc. I have most of the SH formulas in my 12 SH soaps (actually have 18 or so but will sell a few due to allergies) and they all perform great!

Also, the vegan formulas are really great performers! I have drogon noir in the simplest vegan formula and it's fantastic in performance despite having just a few ingredients.

Prudent point and agree. If so similar there is no need to break down the performance profiles per version.
As it is Shaver Heaven so ALL of it is good stuff.
Should be an interesting year! Keep up the great work @Anthony