Shavette's..... Whats out there?

vanNek

So whats out there, i have a cheap as wahl & would something nicer.

I was looking at the Blue Beards Revenge,but any other suggestions?

So whats out there, i have a cheap as wahl & would something nicer.

I was looking at the Blue Beards Revenge,but any other suggestions?
I have a bluebeards revenge. I think if you want something nicer maybe one of the father artist club shavettes might be higher up the chain.

Last edited by a moderator:
G'day @vanNek (y)

I have a Parker 31R shavette been using this while I was in UK and I'm planning to get the brand new shavette on the market is called the IBC Straight Shavette, however this is a brand new model and their isn't any most recent youtube clip at the moment for a complete review. The new IBC shavette take all three different blade DE, Hair shaper and injectors that's pretty cool, I've email to a guy name Ricky Toone directly from IBC company and he is planning to choose who shall become the Australian & NZ distributor for the new IBC shavette on the market. I've send Ricky all the Australian & NZ shaving supplies and it up to him who he choose after he's done the complete review and research, and he'll email me asap on who the main distributor for the new IBC shavette it going to take a while.

Last edited:
They look the goods, but they don't just take a standard SE blade?

"No half measures......"
It's a specific blade I believe. It's closer in size to a genuine straight.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Feather take special Feather/Kai Artist Club blades - which are thicker and longer
They are the same blade the Mongoose and Cobra razors use
There is also a cheaper CJB shavette, which is an Artist Club clone from South Kore

There are a few shavettes, that take injector blades - like the Monsieur Charles/Mr C - but they are a bit harder to find

Persona and others makes shavettes that take the Persona Hair shaper blades - they are usually the ones sold as hair shapers to hair dressers and are usually cheap

And then there are some shavettes that take a full DE blade like some Universal models

I don't know of any, that take GEM type SE blades...but maybe there are some around?

@SpeedyPC could you please confirm, which blades exactly the IBC takes?
DE?
Injector?
Feather/Kai Artist Club?
Persona Hair Shaper?

@alfredus the new model of the IBC Straight Shavette only accept

1. Full DE Blade broken in haft or you can buy a SE blade similar to a DE so you won't have to worry about breaking in haft.
2. Injector blade about 38mm in length (similar to a Personna Mini Hair Shaper Blade)
3. Feather/Kai Artist Club blade about 50mm in length
4. They do NOT accept GEM Blade, Feather Nape Blade and Personna Hair Shaper Blade

That all and this is what I've been told by IBC Company

Last edited:
Dovo shavette is supposed to be good. Has the option of DE or Longerblades built in.

@Sxot yes Dovo shavette is supposed to be good, however you have to replace the plastic sleeve blade holder from time to time. With the new IBC model you don't have to worry about replacing the Dovo plastic sleeve blade holder at all, the IBC has a special plate design to whole all three different blades into one shavette easy peasy.

There are 2 different plastic sleeve blade holder the red and the black see below two image

do-rb-2c_1.jpg
do-rb-1c.jpg

Also I'm waiting for an email if they can used a DOVO "Shavette" Long Blades into the IBC Straight Shavette if snap in haft, and I let you know as soon as I get a reply ;)

Yeah i'd like to stay away from specific baldes, so looking T the parker or the blue beards currently

"No half measures......"

Also I'm waiting for an email if they can used a DOVO "Shavette" Long Blades into the IBC Straight Shavette if snap in haft, and I let you know as soon as I get a reply ;)
Hi @SpeedyPC , sorry to bring an old thread back to life but... did you ever find out who has distribution rights for the IBC down here ?

Looks like Mr Scissors is in Brisbane

Mhhmm, that would be just about the same price as the cheapest Feather SS you can find here in Australia. Of course you could find cheaper on eBay or Amazon.
Tough choice !!!! I read somewhere that the blade exposure is somewhere in between the DX and the SS.