Shaving cream/soap for straight razors

Reegs

Hi guys, quick question.
What are the better creams/soaps for straight shaving, something that has a better glide to it.
Thank you for any feedback.

There are many. What do you currently use?

I'd suggest anything by Barrister & Mann available at thestraywisker

Or shaverheaven soaps are also good available from Anthony

A very good cream is Castle Forbes, it's expensive buts lasts a very long time.

There are many. What do you currently use?

I'd suggest anything by Barrister & Mann available at thestraywisker

Or shaverheaven soaps are also good available from Anthony

A very good cream is Castle Forbes, it's expensive buts lasts a very long time.
Cheers @Nonick,
Right now I'm using TOBS sandalwood, I shall go have a look at these right now (y)

Stirling always gets a thumb up from most in the slickness department.

I find that Antiga Barbearia De Bairro is very slick and great for str8 shaving.

But there's many more...

I like using a glycerine based pre-shave soap if I'm going to use the str8.

@stillshunter would have an opinion on this topic...

Mind you, technique will be the main thing. As far as 'glide' is concerned - we are still scrapping a bit of steel across our skin taking wiskers with it so a soap can only go so far making this a smoother process. Good stropping and a well honed blade has a part too.
Once you've used a straight for a long time and your comfortable with your technique you will get smoother shaves and pretty much any soap works. You could (and I have) spend a lot on soaps and still get a rough shave until your technique improves from practice.

As pointed out there are many.

The cheapest B&M soap is Latha (choose your scent) which is great - though the Seville (more expensiver) is their take on a Barbershop. ShaverHeaven is excellent and made locally. There are many scents I'd recommend Arctic Mango (for a peach & menthol hit) - or barbershop for a classic scent.

I'd recommend not buying more than one soap and concentrate on technique for a while.

Stirling always gets a thumb up from most in the slickness department.

I find that Antiga Barbearia De Bairro is very slick and great for str8 shaving.

But there's many more...

I like using a glycerine based pre-shave soap if I'm going to use the str8.

@stillshunter would have an opinion on this topic...
I have read good reviews about Stirling soaps, thanks for info as well @filobiblic
Mind you, technique will be the main thing. As far as 'glide' is concerned - we are still scrapping a bit of steel across our skin taking wiskers with it so a soap can only go so far making this a smoother process. Good stropping and a well honed blade has a part too.
Once you've used a straight for a long time and your comfortable with your technique you will get smoother shaves and pretty much any soap works. You could (and I have) spend a lot on soaps and still get a rough shave until your technique improves from practice.

As pointed out there are many.

The cheapest B&M soap is Latha (choose your scent) which is great - though the Seville (more expensiver) is their take on a Barbershop. ShaverHeaven is excellent and made locally. There are many scents I'd recommend Arctic Mango (for a peach & menthol hit) - or barbershop for a classic scent.

I'd recommend not buying more than one soap and concentrate on technique for a while.
I actually bought a tub of Drogon Noir from Shaver Heaven today @Nonick. As you said I definitely will be practicing a lot after this new soap :)
Thanks again

Good one. I've never tried that scent but you will have an excellent soap to use while you get some more shaves err under your belt