2016 Sabbatical Fail
2018 Charity Auction Winner
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
Are these the COOLEST things or what?

il_1588xN.3890059432_nyb6.jpg

Somebody has even customised further by sticking a wrapper around it -

iap_640x640.3672547135_5py9886v.jpg

Great little things, I definitely need one, saves having to store them in odd ways inbetween uses with all the other soaps and getting a weird soap skin from drying out.
Currently using a ziplok and its not as good looking as that

I’ve used old UHU glue containers - but this is next level.

I've got an STL for the Palmolive stick and printing a test run already. Might need the dimensions of any other sticks that people want so I can modify the design. Might also need some samples to work with.

For travel, I use two recycled 35mm photographic film plastic "cans". With a sharp 25mm spade bit, BY HAND, drill a hole in the bottom of each, then drop a 20cent coin inside. I then cut Palmolive (German I believe) in half and drop on top of the coin. Press up on the coin to expose as much of the stick as necessary and replace the cap when finished. Cost? ZERO!

For travel, I use two recycled 35mm photographic film plastic "cans". With a sharp 25mm spade bit, BY HAND, drill a hole in the bottom of each, then drop a 20cent coin inside. I then cut Palmolive (German I believe) in half and drop on top of the coin. Press up on the coin to expose as much of the stick as necessary and replace the cap when finished. Cost? ZERO!
Not quite. You said yourself it cost 20 cents. :LOL: Neat idea though, if you happen to have such a rare thing as a 35mm film canister.

Not quite. You said yourself it cost 20 cents. :LOL: Neat idea though, if you happen to have such a rare thing as a 35mm film canister.
To reiterate - FREE as you own the 20 cent piece and it's always in your possession! Film cans are readily available from most shops which sell cameras and associated paraphernalia and also process photographic images.

Last edited:
Where is the fun in that?

Where is the fun in that?

Yep - there's got to be a way to pay hundreds to thousands of dollars for a version of that which has been milled from a solid piece of stainless steel (at minimum) and then hand polished to a mirror finish by artisans working next to a waterfall to the sound of bird song.

If there isn't, that would be a yawning gap in the market. I'd better get in quick!