SHIBUSA Goodfellas' Smile - Shaving Soap

Monocero

At dawn on December 15, 2020, I entered the bathroom of one of the apartment buildings in Świnoujście. It took a long time to wake up after 3 hours of sleep, which I managed to catch between work and work. Finally, after a cold shower, I woke up enough to be able to consciously control my movements. I looked at my reflection in the mirror, involuntarily squinting my eyes in front of what it might seem like a sea spotlight, which was a barely glowing lamp above the mirror. There was bad news written in my gaze on me. The request from the body to my consciousness to sleep longer was rejected. The hands automatically turned to a brown cowhide vanity case neatly placed next to the sink on the shelf. After a while I took out a round box with a lid. It was a shaving soap with a Japanese nameSHIBUSA GFS .

ce9f8ff74c83af40.png

The TG world knows this soap for its ecumenical complexity. Yes, the name SHIBUSA from Japanese 渋 さ - literally translated means tart. The label of the samurai uprisings type, in the colors of cherry in chocolate, is designed to introduce us to the atmosphere of the Far East. Everything to be in a climate, but the soap is made in Italy,which the manufacturer emphasizes. Where does this discrepancy come from?

Are we dealing with a marketing trick? Are the far eastern references covered in composition and properties? Will the atmosphere of this soap take our bathroom on a trip to the country of cherry blossoms? If so, will it be a safe experience? You will find answers to these questions and many others that are in your mind in the following review.

1. HISTORY

According to the information available, the soap was produced in Italy according to traditional recipes and is distributed by Barbieri Uniti Srl . Both the name, the label or the place of production could suggest some exquisitely handcrafted origin of this product, which was brought to the TG arena, as we read by the largest distributor in Italy. This is what Barbieri Uniti writes about itself - we are one of the most important producers and wholesalers of the best beauty care, professional hairdresser and personal care products in Europe. While the information provided about oneself for contact purposes is generally reflected in reality, information provided for marketing purposes often places the company higher in the classification of market leaders than it actually is.

The Barbieri Uniti warehouse is located at Via XXV Aprile 21, 24020 Scanzorosciate (Bergamo)

be14e956ead3b738.png

Except for the generally resonant Italian-sounding name, nothing special. Just ordinary warehouse buildings in the suburbs of one of the northern Italian towns.
This is where the thought that I was trying hard to bury deep in my head starts to sprout. Italians are, for me, the Chinese of Europe, and in the vicinity of Milan, the center of the world's fashion, there are many Chinese. Why the Chinese of Europe? Because most of our things are labeled Made in China, and in Europe, Made in Italy. Seriously, pay attention if you are somewhere in European countries in the West, what you would not have in your hands has the inscription Made in Italy. Cutlery, towels, cups, flip-flops, shorts, bags, backpacks etc.
Returning, however, to the soap, or rather to its manufacturer, which is according to the manufacturer of a traditional Italian craftsman. Well, the manufacturer is Goodfellas' Smile. Well, this is not some old brand with traditions, but rather a brand that emerged on the wave of the TG renaissance in Europe. This emerging brand is not from Japan, but from Northern Italy, and was born out of the desire to create the highest quality shaving soaps and aftershaves that appeal to discerning men of all ages.

I see it differently, but that's just my opinion. In 2012, the TG star for Barbieri Uniti began to shine in full shine. In order to increase sales, in my opinion, the owner of NICOLA DONGHI has created a new brand for TG Goodfellas' Smile products.

GFS products, supported by appropriate promotion, quickly began to conquer the TG market. The messages from the labels reaching the consumer, fancy names could be liked.

2. PACKAGING

The soaps are packed in crucibles containing 100g of soap that are screaming from the shelf. BUY ME. The graphic design of the labels encourages you to make a choice. It is legible and graphically justified. The crucible is made of good quality plastic, with no sharp edges. The nut is screwed on and has no protector on the rim to facilitate unscrewing.

70a20afbaa06d01b.png

f4ed617933647674.png

3. SMELL

In the package the smell is highly condensed, very strong, even too much. Only in the crucible, after adding water and rolling the foam, it develops in the right direction. It is light and pleasant, not obtrusive. Slightly felt on the skin, lasting about 30 minutes. It is not as perfumed soap as Nuavia. We feel almond and marzipan very strongly.

4. COMPOSITION AND CONSISTENCY

The soap is soft and flexible and can be formed by kneading. This consistency is easy to apply to the crucible. It also allows all types of bristles in brushes to develop. The soap is hmm, pearly in color, so it has such a structure, because it is poured directly into the crucible, where it then solidifies and takes on a permanent, irregular, lumpy form.

Ingredients: AQUA, STEARIC ACID, COCOS NUCIFERA OIL, POTASIUM HYDROXIDE, PRUNUS AMIGDALUS OIL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII, GLICERIN, PARFUM.

The manufacturer assures that the product is 100% of plant origin and has a simple, traditional composition and a manual production process.

5. FOAM

A very big advantage of this soap is Foam, which is EXTRA in every respect. Thick, oily, moist, stretchy. The consistency of creamy cream with no tendency to air bubbles. It is made without any unnecessary special techniques. It just spins the brush.

99fc5e908d1dccaegen.jpg

As you can see, such a large wick was packed with foam perfectly

6. PROPERTIES

Already after the quality of the foam and mixing it in the crucible, I knew that the properties of this soap would not be bad. After covering the stubble, you could feel a greasy filter on your face, which directly translated into a skid. It is a real pleasure to slip on this soap. The resulting protective filter allows the razor to ride over the skin without the risk of irritation. GOOD PROTECTION. Hair softening at a very good level. Foam makes it floppy and soft, which allows the razor blade to easily cut it. After shaving, the skin is slightly pulled down. I used Bond retro hydro aftershave cream .

7. AVAILABILITY AND PRICE

Soap is available in most online stores at an average price of PLN 40. A lot of? Little? In my opinion, for this soap the price is very decent.

8. SUMMARY

For me, this soap is average. It did not delight me with anything, but it did not discourage me with anything. It has good features, nice marketing, and it's good that it is. It is definitely worth recommending, and it will have its enthusiasts.

At dawn on December 15, 2020, I entered the bathroom of one of the apartment buildings in Świnoujście. It took a long time to wake up after 3 hours of sleep, which I managed to catch between work and work. Finally, after a cold shower, I woke up enough to be able to consciously control my movements. I looked at my reflection in the mirror, involuntarily squinting my eyes in front of what it might seem like a sea spotlight, which was a barely glowing lamp above the mirror. There was bad news written in my gaze on me. The request from the body to my consciousness to sleep longer was rejected. The hands automatically turned to a brown cowhide vanity case neatly placed next to the sink on the shelf. After a while I took out a round box with a lid. It was a shaving soap with a Japanese nameSHIBUSA GFS .

ce9f8ff74c83af40.png

The TG world knows this soap for its ecumenical complexity. Yes, the name SHIBUSA from Japanese 渋 さ - literally translated means tart. The label of the samurai uprisings type, in the colors of cherry in chocolate, is designed to introduce us to the atmosphere of the Far East. Everything to be in a climate, but the soap is made in Italy,which the manufacturer emphasizes. Where does this discrepancy come from?

Are we dealing with a marketing trick? Are the far eastern references covered in composition and properties? Will the atmosphere of this soap take our bathroom on a trip to the country of cherry blossoms? If so, will it be a safe experience? You will find answers to these questions and many others that are in your mind in the following review.

1. HISTORY

According to the information available, the soap was produced in Italy according to traditional recipes and is distributed by Barbieri Uniti Srl . Both the name, the label or the place of production could suggest some exquisitely handcrafted origin of this product, which was brought to the TG arena, as we read by the largest distributor in Italy. This is what Barbieri Uniti writes about itself - we are one of the most important producers and wholesalers of the best beauty care, professional hairdresser and personal care products in Europe. While the information provided about oneself for contact purposes is generally reflected in reality, information provided for marketing purposes often places the company higher in the classification of market leaders than it actually is.

The Barbieri Uniti warehouse is located at Via XXV Aprile 21, 24020 Scanzorosciate (Bergamo)

be14e956ead3b738.png

Except for the generally resonant Italian-sounding name, nothing special. Just ordinary warehouse buildings in the suburbs of one of the northern Italian towns.
This is where the thought that I was trying hard to bury deep in my head starts to sprout. Italians are, for me, the Chinese of Europe, and in the vicinity of Milan, the center of the world's fashion, there are many Chinese. Why the Chinese of Europe? Because most of our things are labeled Made in China, and in Europe, Made in Italy. Seriously, pay attention if you are somewhere in European countries in the West, what you would not have in your hands has the inscription Made in Italy. Cutlery, towels, cups, flip-flops, shorts, bags, backpacks etc.
Returning, however, to the soap, or rather to its manufacturer, which is according to the manufacturer of a traditional Italian craftsman. Well, the manufacturer is Goodfellas' Smile. Well, this is not some old brand with traditions, but rather a brand that emerged on the wave of the TG renaissance in Europe. This emerging brand is not from Japan, but from Northern Italy, and was born out of the desire to create the highest quality shaving soaps and aftershaves that appeal to discerning men of all ages.

I see it differently, but that's just my opinion. In 2012, the TG star for Barbieri Uniti began to shine in full shine. In order to increase sales, in my opinion, the owner of NICOLA DONGHI has created a new brand for TG Goodfellas' Smile products.

GFS products, supported by appropriate promotion, quickly began to conquer the TG market. The messages from the labels reaching the consumer, fancy names could be liked.

2. PACKAGING

The soaps are packed in crucibles containing 100g of soap that are screaming from the shelf. BUY ME. The graphic design of the labels encourages you to make a choice. It is legible and graphically justified. The crucible is made of good quality plastic, with no sharp edges. The nut is screwed on and has no protector on the rim to facilitate unscrewing.

70a20afbaa06d01b.png

f4ed617933647674.png

3. SMELL

In the package the smell is highly condensed, very strong, even too much. Only in the crucible, after adding water and rolling the foam, it develops in the right direction. It is light and pleasant, not obtrusive. Slightly felt on the skin, lasting about 30 minutes. It is not as perfumed soap as Nuavia. We feel almond and marzipan very strongly.

4. COMPOSITION AND CONSISTENCY

The soap is soft and flexible and can be formed by kneading. This consistency is easy to apply to the crucible. It also allows all types of bristles in brushes to develop. The soap is hmm, pearly in color, so it has such a structure, because it is poured directly into the crucible, where it then solidifies and takes on a permanent, irregular, lumpy form.

Ingredients: AQUA, STEARIC ACID, COCOS NUCIFERA OIL, POTASIUM HYDROXIDE, PRUNUS AMIGDALUS OIL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII, GLICERIN, PARFUM.

The manufacturer assures that the product is 100% of plant origin and has a simple, traditional composition and a manual production process.

5. FOAM

A very big advantage of this soap is Foam, which is EXTRA in every respect. Thick, oily, moist, stretchy. The consistency of creamy cream with no tendency to air bubbles. It is made without any unnecessary special techniques. It just spins the brush.

99fc5e908d1dccaegen.jpg

As you can see, such a large wick was packed with foam perfectly

6. PROPERTIES

Already after the quality of the foam and mixing it in the crucible, I knew that the properties of this soap would not be bad. After covering the stubble, you could feel a greasy filter on your face, which directly translated into a skid. It is a real pleasure to slip on this soap. The resulting protective filter allows the razor to ride over the skin without the risk of irritation. GOOD PROTECTION. Hair softening at a very good level. Foam makes it floppy and soft, which allows the razor blade to easily cut it. After shaving, the skin is slightly pulled down. I used Bond retro hydro aftershave cream .

7. AVAILABILITY AND PRICE

Soap is available in most online stores at an average price of PLN 40. A lot of? Little? In my opinion, for this soap the price is very decent.

8. SUMMARY

For me, this soap is average. It did not delight me with anything, but it did not discourage me with anything. It has good features, nice marketing, and it's good that it is. It is definitely worth recommending, and it will have its enthusiasts.

Try Shibusa 2, the tallow formulation is superior to the one you just tried.