alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
Am I the only one experiencing issues with the site today? It is VEEEEEERY SLOOOOOOOOOW for me...@Monsta_AU ????

Ferret619

Foolish Possums are not Grand Poobahs
2018 Sabbatical
2019 Charity Auction Winner
2020 Charity Auction Winner
I had that yesterday but it seems to have resolved

RustyBlade

2018 Sabbatical
Looks like a DNS issue to me....
Don't think so as site loaded well but site internals responded slow so pitching server load or local bandwidth issues. Website queries lagged vs page static info loads fast. Flagging internal server load at a guess. But then all unknown as we ain't the local server admins with logs.

nsavage

nerroneous at best.
Yeah maybe not DNS. I got a couple of slow responses earlier hence that was my first guess. Seems fine now but still having some issues so that opens up a few other possibilities. Could be server load, could be network load as well, could be a dodgy patch or any number of items I guess. Like you said @RustyBlade hard to tell without admin access.

alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
Still VEEEEERY SLOOOOOOOOW and having to use a proxy can't be a real solution?

@Monsta_AU

todras

est Français pour après-rasage
2019 Charity Auction Winner
Menth Dealer
It's working well for me, and I say that running through several proxies and a VPN!

nsavage

nerroneous at best.
So the next question is which troubleshooting approach will @Monsta_AU take to identify the root cause of the issue? will it be a) bottom up approach, b) top down approach or c) divide and conquer approach. Only time will tell I guess.

We could also start taking bets on which layer of the TCP/IP stack the issue is in......

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
They have had some issues with bad tenants, has now been cleaned up.... I haven't had any issues since last night. I believe another VPS on the hardware was compromised.

There was also some attempted DDoS traffic inbound on certain links... meantime on my ISP I get peered links so it's always fast.

nsavage

nerroneous at best.
They have had some issues with bad tenants, has now been cleaned up.... I haven't had any issues since last night. I believe another VPS on the hardware was compromised.

There was also some attempted DDoS traffic inbound on certain links... meantime on my ISP I get peered links so it's always fast.
Still horribly intermittent for me I'm afraid :(