alfredus

Auctioneer-in-Chief + organises many group buys
Staff member
Site Moderator
State Convenor - SA
Grand Society
Group Buy Caporegime
Charity Auction Team
Am I the only one experiencing issues with the site today? It is VEEEEEERY SLOOOOOOOOOW for me...@Monsta_AU ????

I had that yesterday but it seems to have resolved

Looks like a DNS issue to me....
Don't think so as site loaded well but site internals responded slow so pitching server load or local bandwidth issues. Website queries lagged vs page static info loads fast. Flagging internal server load at a guess. But then all unknown as we ain't the local server admins with logs.

Yeah maybe not DNS. I got a couple of slow responses earlier hence that was my first guess. Seems fine now but still having some issues so that opens up a few other possibilities. Could be server load, could be network load as well, could be a dodgy patch or any number of items I guess. Like you said @RustyBlade hard to tell without admin access.

Still VEEEEERY SLOOOOOOOOW and having to use a proxy can't be a real solution?

@Monsta_AU

It's working well for me, and I say that running through several proxies and a VPN!

I too am having no issues on a VPN connection. Encrypted traffic via the West coast of the states appears to reach the site fine.

@Monsta_AU have you tried turning it off and back on again? :D

So the next question is which troubleshooting approach will @Monsta_AU take to identify the root cause of the issue? will it be a) bottom up approach, b) top down approach or c) divide and conquer approach. Only time will tell I guess.

We could also start taking bets on which layer of the TCP/IP stack the issue is in......

So it looks like the site is hosted in HostUs' Sydney data center..... Been a few issues with that data center recently if I recall correctly.

They have had some issues with bad tenants, has now been cleaned up.... I haven't had any issues since last night. I believe another VPS on the hardware was compromised.

There was also some attempted DDoS traffic inbound on certain links... meantime on my ISP I get peered links so it's always fast.

They have had some issues with bad tenants, has now been cleaned up.... I haven't had any issues since last night. I believe another VPS on the hardware was compromised.

There was also some attempted DDoS traffic inbound on certain links... meantime on my ISP I get peered links so it's always fast.
Still horribly intermittent for me I'm afraid :(

I told you it was peerage @nsavage !! :D

Im with iinet, I have had not issues with speed with or without the VPN up.
Yeah well nonetheless I am on a good HFC connection and the site performance is still dismal to say the least.

Not having issues with any other sites so fairly confident it has nothing to do with my connection.