Slim and Black Beauty...compare shaves.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
I had a Fatboy Executive some years ago. Sold it, and put the $$ into my stainless Karve (with no regrets either).
Now I'm still playing with razors and have a choice. Buy a nice 1961 Slim, or for similar money a new FOCS (Fatip Open Comb Slant).
The FOCS does appeal more, to be honest.
But...I also still have my lovely Black Beauty (SA 109) code Q1.
Is the Slim going to be the same shave as my BB already gives me? Similar to my old Fatboy?
I have read that the Slim and Fatboy offer different shaves, and I have never owned a Slim.
But never owned a FOCS either, and I think it would be more 'efficient'.
Could buy both (Yay), but she who grumbles may not be happy.
I am enjoying my Timeless .95 OC shaves though. Very pleased with it.
But, as usual...maybe just one more razor (you all know where this will end don't you?).

IMO Slim and Black Beauty heads shave similar just the balance with BB plastic handle.
I suspect Slim and Fat Boy are also similar. TBH I think you need a SE Vector or Hawk ;)
I know its a whole new rabbit hole with different blades etc: but that's my excuse, what's yours?

IMO Slim and Black Beauty heads shave similar just the balance with BB plastic handle.
I suspect Slim and Fat Boy are also similar. TBH I think you need a SE Vector or Hawk ;)
I know its a whole new rabbit hole with different blades etc: but that's my excuse, what's yours?

Vector/ Hawk, simple in theory but purely in stainless steel there’s five razors to choose from. It never ends. Wait for the Asylum RX when it’s released in titanium. That should be a monster SE and enough for most tastes.

No excuse...I just found a nice (shiny...I like shiny) Slim.
I've read some more and found that the Slim/Fatboy/BB all shave fairly much 'same as, same as'.
So won't worry too much about the Slim, although it is shiny (did I mention that?). Will keep using my lovely BB.
Just shouted myself a nice coffee machine (spending the kids inheritance) so will save my pennies for now.
Bought a Gaggia Cadorna Plus. Wanted the Prestige model but none in NZ and 'maybe' a 3 to 4 week wait to get one from Aus. Then of course the hassle of long delays maybe due to Covis...I want my coffee 'now'!
OK, I will wait to see about a Ti Asylum RX. Or a Hawk/Vector?
I might enjoy another trip down a different rabbit hole.
Knew I could depend on you guys to steer me down the right course.