Slim with 2 shaves in...

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
...and it's not for me.
Even on setting '9' I find it's too mild.
Yet all my razors used to be mild (Super Speed, Mamba 52, NEW LC, Black Beauty).
It's obviously all the fault of you lot who got me really into this BBS stuff, etc.
Before, I never worried...one pass and that's a shave.
So what's going to happen?
I'm not going to keep the Slim (it's a G4) so that's 1961, and it will go on BST soon.
Going to take a few photos first.
Only bought the Slim as a 'what if' razor...what if I really like it type of thing.
Yeah, I like it for it's history, it's 'mana', but it's not the shave I want.
Sticking to my Timeless/Karve/Fatip as they give me what I look for now.
I just checked and I paid $NZ72 for it.
Shipping to Australia (no tracking, just normal postage is $NZ13) so I would like $NZ85 if possible.
Will take a deal from a P&C member though. Will add details on BST when I list it.
Nice razor, but needs to go to someone who will use it/enjoy it.
What razor have you guys had that you quickly found wasn't quite what you wanted?

Can usually tell on first shave whether I like a razor or not. Go for a few extra shaves and different blade just to confirm.
Spoilt for choice where once upon a time (before P&C enabling) a stubble buster was good enough now expect DFS+ 1st pass with no weepers or irritation

Yes @Holiday you are right.
I've had a Fatboy, and still have a Black Beauty so I had sort of figured that the Slim would be a similar shave.
But, it didn't cost a lot and was worth the effort to at least try it.
Smooth for sure, but not as bitey as I like now.
Tried different blades, and will have a few more shaves to confirm my suspicions...but I'm fairly sure the Slim will be on the BST very soon (I don't buy razors just to look at or to 'collect').
Actually, it's time I went through my razor box and BST every razor I'm not using now.
I'd sell my Black Beauty too, but as my old cobber gave it to me years ago I'll hang on to it until one day when he 'passes'. Then I'll feel free to sell it.

The new owner might bung up a SOTD with it one day (hint, hint).

Surely that was one of the sale conditions - right?