Smart Helix Apollo

I think they would also appreciate being notified of a QC issue before their reputation gets tarnished in shaving forums
Reputations get tarnished by business lying about their products (Volkswagen dieselgate), business placing dollars ahead of customers‘ lives (Ford Pinto) and business generally being deceitful (Holden). Three companies I would never buy a car from.

I hadn't realised these things were just $225. That's really very good value for a razor of such obvious quality. I would be inclined to say a <1mm tab overhang (asymmetrical or otherwise) is a good thing - it makes it easier to grab the blade for removal. Anyone who's ever had to pry a blade off the posts of a GC-JAWS will know what I mean.

The blade tab misalignment is minuscule (probably less than one millimetre) and the shave is not affected at all. Besides, they are a small business trying to make a go of it and I am not going to quibble with them over a slight cosmetic glitch. It’s good to know though that they stand by their product and make their customers happy.
I'd let them know anyway, there may be an issues with more razors they produce if a machine isn't functioning properly. They won't know there is an issue if you don't tell them

Today, I had a shave with the aggressive side of the base plate of the Apollo razor. Razor blade was a 7 o’clock yellow (second use), and I Coloniali shave soap. There was a lot of blade feel, but the shave was comfortable and “smoothish“. I let the weight of the razor do the work and was mindful of the shaving angles (I rode the cap quite a bit). It was a two pass shave with minimal buffing and a nice bbs shave. If you shave every two to three days, then the aggressive plate is as good as it gets. If you like blade feel and lots of it, this aggressive plate has it in spades. I can see why Errol liked it so much. When I was younger, my daily driver was a Muhle R41 (which I still have). Theses days, my skin prefers milder razors with less blade feel so I’ll be using the milder side of the base plate. Much more comfortable and smoother.

Today, I had a shave with the aggressive side of the base plate of the Apollo razor. Razor blade was a 7 o’clock yellow (second use), and I Coloniali shave soap. There was a lot of blade feel, but the shave was comfortable and “smoothish“. I let the weight of the razor do the work and was mindful of the shaving angles (I rode the cap quite a bit). It was a two pass shave with minimal buffing and a nice bbs shave. If you shave every two to three days, then the aggressive plate is as good as it gets. If you like blade feel and lots of it, this aggressive plate has it in spades. I can see why Errol liked it so much. When I was younger, my daily driver was a Muhle R41 (which I still have). Theses days, my skin prefers milder razors with less blade feel so I’ll be using the milder side of the base plate. Much more comfortable and smoother.
Great to see you enjoyed the aggressive side. I often get them mixed up as the milder 0.50mm gap is efficiently smooth but the aggressive side provides a longer lasting results.. Happy Shaves!

I still think this is one of the best looking razors out there and equally good in terms of quality and performance. Definitely has its own charm and character especially when you hold it in your hands.:)

Agree, although I fear @Errol the Enabler may have found something better in the Blutt BR1 Rasur - 0.99mm (Switzerland) and it's not a DE Killer like the Blackland Vector