Soaps similar to B&M?

I haven't tried many of the other soaps mentioned, but I find the local offerings from APR and Squadron Soaps easily on par with B&M Latha when it comes to performance. And I'm not just being patriotic!

I am not Aussie so no need to be patriotic, but APR is really good. I only regret buying the fougere bourbon rose without the splash. But that's a mistake i can live with it, as I will order it soon.
Squadron is on my list, for the near future.

Someone likened the performance of the reserve range to that of P&B. For me that was a definite deal breaker.

It's a different beast to me, as I mentioned in my review of it people will need to get used to the different formulation over a few shaves to really get it dialed in properly, I read a couple of comments here where people have overloaded their brushes with it (I mentioned this in my review specifically). It's a soap that you need to load light and one that takes plenty of water - more than you would think is necessary. If you get these two variables dialed in, it makes a fantastic lather.

It's a different beast to me, as I mentioned in my review of it people will need to get used to the different formulation over a few shaves to really get it dialed in properly, I read a couple of comments here where people have overloaded their brushes with it (I mentioned this in my review specifically). It's a soap that you need to load light and one that takes plenty of water - more than you would think is necessary. If you get these two variables dialed in, it makes a fantastic lather.
100% what he said... I was the one that likened it to P&B, in so far as how it loads (viscosity and texture). One of the few soaps where less is more, and you don't load it like you hate it (otherwise you will hate it). Very good soap and loving using it.

100% what he said... I was the one that likened it to P&B, in so far as how it loads (viscosity and texture). One of the few soaps where less is more, and you don't load it like you hate it (otherwise you will hate it). Very good soap and loving using it.
I like to create mynlather on the soap puck itself, doesn't sound like a great fit for me

which version?

I'm not sure what you mean by which version? The ones I bought of the stray whisker? Currently got Oceana and Limon and loving them

small amount of citric acid

When you say small amount, do you mean like a pinch? I'm considering using citric acid as I've constantly seen it been mentioned in helping with lathering problems and hard water (Which was what happened to the my cella soap)

vouch for Squadron

Any idea where I can find squadron soap? I wasn't able to find it on the stray whisker or on beard and blade

A pinch of Citruc would be enough depending on how hard your water is.

Just out of curiosity, do you run a basin of water and add the citric acid to that or how do you actually use it (practically) for your shaves ?

I only mention this as the last 3 times I have been in SA I managed to make a lather without any issues using the water in SA (Using APR Soap), I'm going to take the Barristers Reserve soap with me when I come down in a couple of weeks to see how it deals with the SA water.

Just out of curiosity, do you run a basin of water and add the citric acid to that or how do you actually use it (practically) for your shaves ?

I only mention this as the last 3 times I have been in SA I managed to make a lather without any issues using the water in SA (Using APR Soap), I'm going to take the Barristers Reserve soap with me when I come down in a couple of weeks to see how it deals with the SA water.
I run a basin and add a small amount of the Citric to that. TBH I didn't have issues building a lather before I started doing this. I started doing it based upon advice from a friend and forum member who's opinion I respect very highly. I do find that the citric assists me in building a lather faster.

I was going to say a small resealable bag containing approximately 0.5gm of a non proscribed crystalline substance but I thought that might result in too many jokes...
Get off the Menth man ;)