Some back end work occuring this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monsta_AU

...can I interest you in some vintage blades?
Staff member
Forum Administrator
Grand Society
Just a heads up to all that we will be doing some maintenance and changes to the hosting systems that run Paste & Cut.

This will involve migrating our secondary DNS server to a closer location, and running a number of upgrades and patches on that side. Our primary server which hosts the site will be unaffected apart from adding the new server into the configuration.

No outages are expected, but any issues will be communicated via our Facebook Page and Twitter Account. If you aren't following these, then I suggest you do so!

The new DNS server (Seattle) was integrated into the cluster last night, zone synchronized and tested, then the old server (New York) removed from the cluster. I didn't detect any issues and it should be all up and running happily. This should give us a slightly more robust and responsive system.

While it is working, there is some more things that need to be added including monitoring and a few other services. These will be added today and over the weekend with zero impact for all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.