Something I have been working on...

Sxot

Artisan Producer
Custom razor design I am working with @Robbie d on. Pretty rough concept. What do you think?

CSRele.JPG

CSRiso.JPG

CSRele-cl.JPG

Looks pretty *sharp* to me ...:ROFLMAO:

Elegant and very clean lines - hope to hold it before you :D

Good chance of that! I'm sure Robbie will bring it to a meet up or two in varying states of fabrication. I don't even get to shave with it first!

That'll fall to Mark since he will hone it which requires a obligatory test shave.

With much excitement I bring you some progress pics;

14650532_1788317608090730_7359151078467270275_n.jpg

I had gone cold on the idea of the extended tang, but now... looking at these pics, I think the long tang looks awesome!
This is trial in 80CRV2 carbon steel. Some say 01 is better for razors, but it has poor corrosion resistance compared to 80CRV2. I hope to see it soon after a bit more refinement to see how it hones and holds an edge. Keep an eye out on my SOTD!

There has been movement on this! (You can't rush greatness!)

Final grind as been completed. Final polish/finish to come. Kirinite has been ordered.
Can't post a progress pic as it's still in the raw from grinding so here is a reminder since the Tapatalk images are lost. This was trial, pre-final grind.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BMXinl9g0BY/

Original sketch;

5sFGDOe.jpg

Last edited:
looking good mate
can I suggest getting some thin ply & making a quick dummy of your designs to check the feel of the Razor at actual size, I found it helps a bit when starting to get the feel of it & you get a practice run shaping & beveling etc before you start,
then you can tweak the design on cheap wood before investing to much time into steel works
JMHO

looking good mate
can I suggest getting some thin ply & making a quick dummy of your designs to check the feel of the Razor at actual size, I found it helps a bit when starting to get the feel of it & you get a practice run shaping & beveling etc before you start,
then you can tweak the design on cheap wood before investing to much time into steel works
JMHO
I was a bit worried about the tang shape on this one until I cut the template i used to transfer the design to the steel. This one feels like things are all in the right spot.