'Something' in between a Timeless .68 OC & the .95 OC.

Blackie

The guy from over the ditch
I would like that magical 'something' which would sit between a .68 OC and the .95 OC.
A Timeless .84 OC would be great (but they don't make one).
Change of maker then? What about a Charcoal goods Lvl2? SB or OC? I would prefer the OC I think (because most of my razors are OC).
ATT R1 or R2 would be good? But they don't make R2 anymore so will be an ebay search.
My Aristocrat hasn't arrived yet (lost in a USPS 'black hole' somewhere), but it will be milder than the Timeless anyway. I just bought it because it looked so nice and shiny!
Anyway, I have found a couple of CG razors. Both Lvl2...one is SB, one is OC. Both are Gen1 base.
Both the same price ($200US..."ouch").
Or maybe I just grow into being a hippy and not shave anymore?
Blimmin' rabbit hole!

I would like that magical 'something' which would sit between a .68 OC and the .95 OC.
A Timeless .84 OC would be great (but they don't make one).
Change of maker then? What about a Charcoal goods Lvl2? SB or OC? I would prefer the OC I think (because most of my razors are OC).
ATT R1 or R2 would be good? But they don't make R2 anymore so will be an ebay search.
My Aristocrat hasn't arrived yet (lost in a USPS 'black hole' somewhere), but it will be milder than the Timeless anyway. I just bought it because it looked so nice and shiny!
Anyway, I have found a couple of CG razors. Both Lvl2...one is SB, one is OC. Both are Gen1 base.
Both the same price ($200US..."ouch").
Or maybe I just grow into being a hippy and not shave anymore?
Blimmin' rabbit hole!

Great news @Blackie. There is an ATT R2’s available in the Classic line. Have you ever thought of emailing Timeless with a special request for a Timeless OC 0.84 or what ever you want.

How about a Game Change OC 0.84. I ordered mine this afternoon.

Hi @Errol. I had a Game Changer with both plates. Didn't like it. Sold to a fellow member!
I have emailed Timeless about a .84 plate but they are not interested. I'm sure there would be a lot of folks who would also like a plate in between the .68 and the .95.
I'll check the ATT's now. Would they be better/smoother/nicer than the Charcoal Goods razors?
Thanks for your help.

I think both the ATT R2 and the CG Level 2 OC would shave very much the same. The ATT R2’s is stainless and will have machine marks on it. The stainless steel CG in OC is not mentioned yet so you would have to choose brass or copper. All CG razors have a feel about them that is unique to CG, not bad in any way but it’s the way they are presented.

I done a review on the ATT R2 earlier in the year, I think it was. A review of the CG level 2 OC is pencilled in but probably won’t be till early next year.

Coming up in the next four weeks or so are reviews on three extremely pleasant razors but they are all SB. Seygus, Haircut and Shave, Smart Helix. Again these are in that ATT R2 type efficiency level.

Thanks @StratMan but I've already had the GC with both plates (.68 and .84).
Not the OC versions of course, but I actually didn't like the razor.
I know some folks love them. I'm in the other camp on this one though.
Certainly no where as smooth as the Timeless or my NEW SC.
Thanks for the call though.
Hope all is well with you.

Thanks @Blackie i'm doing well mate.. hope all is good down your neck of the woods..

I remembered you posted a topic of a 0.84 timeless when i found out about the OC GC.

I used the 0.84 GC during the hardware pass around. I thought the razor was extremely smooth and really liked it, but unfortunately for me it wasn't efficient enough. I plan on getting the JAWS version.

The value on this is fantastic, delivered to AU including an matching razorock genuine leather case is $114 AUD

I am def gonna bite, the only question is when

maaaaaaaaaate.. u know it!!!

i dunno what is wrong with me.. i would understand the RAD issue if i were yet to find anything i really liked but i do love both my last razors.....
Ah @StratMan and The goose that laid the golden egg.
Ever searching for that elusive perfect egg.
In your case, your credit card is the goose...

Buy lots and buy often mate!

Ah @StratMan and The goose that laid the golden egg.
Ever searching for that elusive perfect egg.
In your case, your credit card is the goose...

Buy lots and buy often mate!

thats the thing Tim, i have found two golden eggs already and soon to be hopefully a third.. and you know if i ever get a chance to buy a woflie (at normal prices) im gonna :)

thats the thing Tim, i have found two golden eggs already and soon to be hopefully a third.. and you know if i ever get a chance to buy a woflie (at normal prices) im gonna :)
Get hold of @Korbz for advice on setting up the automated way of knowing when the wolfman site get items added!

Evil! Anyone want to lend me a rs10 to fuel the fire 🔥 lol
You’ll need some matches, coal, wood and petrol to start the fire 🔥 :smuggrin:

giphy.gif