Southern Witchcraft is working on a 'Gravefruit II'

Bicep123

wwy9qZA.jpg

So this came up on my IG feed. I'm wondering if Stephen got in contact with Dan and got his consent to make a dupe of this.

AFAIK, the scent is a 'homage' of Gravefruit done by Shawn Maher at Chatillon Lux. And it was done by nose, not by GCMS.

Does anyone know what's happened to APR? I wonder what their response would be if this was done off the bat.

Edit - got the name wrong.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if Stephen got in contact with Dan and got his consent to make a dupe of this.

Quite frankly, if Stephen got in touch with Dan, it would be nothing short of a bloody miracle; however, if it did indeed happen.... Then sooner or later Dan eill have to surface and then, boy is he in for an earful.

Quite frankly, if Stephen got in touch with Dan, it would be nothing short of a bloody miracle; however, if it did indeed happen.... Then sooner or later Dan eill have to surface and then, boy is he in for an earful.
Why?
Every chance I'm speaking out of place here without absolute facts to go upon, yet are we all not facing challenges over the last few years?
Just like you and I, Dan is human.
I hope he is ok and returns soon, with new ideas and same great products.

Why?
Every chance I'm speaking out of place here without absolute facts to go upon, yet are we all not facing challenges over the last few years?
Just like you and I, Dan is human.
I hope he is ok and returns soon, with new ideas and same great products.

Not at all, you are not speaking out of place, your argument is very valid. I have not exposed yet the facts, my beef with him is known only by a moderator on this forum, and I am not exposing the facts yet because I am more than willing to give Dan every chance to recover, come forward and sort out the problem we have.

I am aware of his problems, hence my willingness to give him plenty of time.

However, at the moment I have zero confidence that he will surface.

When the time comes, I will let everybody know, on this forum and on every other forum I am a member of.

Cheers.
Stefan

Back on topic guys - we are talking about a proposed soap here, that is all.

Wait until when he gets up and running again you can take him down publicly?

Oh, no, either you misunderstood me, or my English has let me down and I did a crap job at explaining myself (most likely the latter).

"When the time comes" is when I consider it so. Plain and simple, but:

Should he surface, you can be sure I will do my damnest to try and resolve this privately, with him, as it should be done. If, and only if he chooses to continue avoiding the issue, then I'd go public.

However, should he never appear again, I will wait whatever period of time I consider appropriate and then, I will share my story.

No interest in kicking a man when he's down, much less if he's trying to find his feet again. Neither do I have any interest to be taken by a fool though.

Hope this clears it up.

Last edited:
Apologies Mark, finished typing after you called us to order. Feel free to remove my post should you consider it necessary.

Sorry.

...and if duplicates are an issue, I feel for the SOTD forums!

So what is the timeline of versions of this scent?

I suspect I might be on the same page as @Mastropiero on that score.

Well, truth to be said, I am sorry about this whole issue. I own two soaps that carry his signature, Carnivale and Fresca Intensa. I love both, but I consider Fresca Intensa, particularly, the absolute best citrus-scented soap I have ever tried. It was the reason I got in touch with him last year.

I truly hope he can overcome his health issues and return to business in good fashion, the guy is talented, no two ways about it.

Well, I ended up being raked over the coals over on the reddit sub. Long story short, Stephen J at SW did make many attempts to try and get in contact with Dan over at APR and since it's a collab that both own the rights to, I don't have a problem with it, tbh. I do have the original, so it'll be interesting to see now the 'sequel' compares. Hopefully he makes a ton of it so I don't have to stay up till 4am in the morning to buy it.

Well, I ended up being raked over the coals over on the reddit sub. Long story short, Stephen J at SW did make many attempts to try and get in contact with Dan over at APR and since it's a collab that both own the rights to, I don't have a problem with it, tbh. I do have the original, so it'll be interesting to see now the 'sequel' compares. Hopefully he makes a ton of it so I don't have to stay up till 4am in the morning to buy it.

HSSC still produce their APR collaboration soap/splash/balm "Eclipse'.

HSSC still produce their APR collaboration soap/splash/balm "Eclipse'.

Afaik, HSSC received much more of the base accord than they needed for their initial run of soaps. And Eclipse didn't hypetrain sell as well as Grave Fruit. So, when they sold out, eventually, they made a second run with the left over accord. But that is the last of it, and once this batch sells, it'll be all gone. I got one from the second run.

This is different to SW hiring Shawn Maher of Chatillon Lux to make his own interpretation of the Grave Fruit accord. It didn't sit well with me that Stephen named it Grave Fruit II. Heck, if he named it Grave Fruit Jnr, it would have been better. But, I'll still get a tub.

It’s southern witchcrafts brand. Notice how all the scent names relate to spooky themes? Desairology, Druantia, Gravefruit is no exception. It’s his soap. He worked with Shawn to recreate the scent, not copy identically. The name Gravefruit is not APR’s, merely the fragrance components that make what our noses smell.

Also this release is going to stay permanent so long as it continues to sell, so no need to be up late for the initial release.

Well, truth to be said, I am sorry about this whole issue. I own two soaps that carry his signature, Carnivale and Fresca Intensa. I love both, but I consider Fresca Intensa, particularly, the absolute best citrus-scented soap I have ever tried. It was the reason I got in touch with him last year.

Fresca Intensa reminded me of 4711, only put together better and probably the best summer scent he made outside of Monsta Myrtle to be honest. I am almost out of the soap, and only around half a bottle of the AS left. I will be judiciously using what remains of the AS for sure.

While Dan is welcome here and I would encourage him to answer any questions of the community, however I would point out that the website is offline and emails are bouncing. To be clear, I have not had any communication with Dan since early-to-mid 2020 by memory, and you can all see the last active date of his account on the forum.

Afaik, HSSC received much more of the base accord than they needed for their initial run of soaps. And Eclipse didn't hypetrain sell as well as Grave Fruit. So, when they sold out, eventually, they made a second run with the left over accord. But that is the last of it, and once this batch sells, it'll be all gone. I got one from the second run.

This is different to SW hiring Shawn Maher of Chatillon Lux to make his own interpretation of the Grave Fruit accord. It didn't sit well with me that Stephen named it Grave Fruit II. Heck, if he named it Grave Fruit Jnr, it would have been better. But, I'll still get a tub.
I guess minimal change to the name means they don't have to change the label much. And it's a good design, so why waste it? :unsure: